RONDO's BACK BABY!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Re: RONDO's BACK BABY!

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to 37stories' comment:

Anyone that judges a guy in his first 10 games back from an ACL is a fool.

What about using his last six games prior to injury????

If one judges any player in a 6 game sample size that would also make that person a fool.

I tend to be someone that judges players over years not games.

We all know Green is talented but inconsistent because he has been that way for years. We know Humphries can get you 10 boards a night if he gets enough minutes because he has shown that for years. We know bass is good for 12 points and 6 boards because he has done that for years.

I don't even know what to say when people start talking 6 game sample sizes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

If one judges any player in a 6 game sample size that would also make that person a fool.

We all know Green is talented but inconsistent because he has been that way for years. We know Humphries can get you 10 boards a night if he gets enough minutes because he has shown that for years. We know bass is good for 12 points and 6 boards because he has done that for years.

[/QUOTE]

exactly...sample size is silly...we all know what rondo can do...but right now no way he can do it every night..he can't make all the cuts he does...he's not running fullout right now...sample size is for the birds.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Good the better he plays the better trade Ainge could seek. I seriously doubt Ainge allows Rondo to play this team into an 8th seed. I think he'll move him once he gets a solid deal.

IJS

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

exactly...sample size is silly...we all know what rondo can do...but right now no way he can do it every night..he can't make all the cuts he does...he's not running fullout right now...sample size is for the birds.

[/QUOTE]

There is no doubt he is slower and has left lift. For a guy that can't shoot he needs that athleticism. He was one of the fastest guys in the NBA with the ball. I wouldn;t say that now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good the better he plays the better trade Ainge could seek. I seriously doubt Ainge allows Rondo to play this team into an 8th seed. I think he'll move him once he gets a solid deal.

IJS

[/QUOTE]

Rondo isn't going  to make this team an 8th seed.

I think he will probably get traded in the off season, it is too much of a risk to not get anything for him and to let him walk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to stillallbost08's comment:

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's see a few more games and some consistancy before declaring him back ... Great game and an insight at what could be ... this game will only help add to the trade chatter as other teams may show more interest now... Especially Detroit!

RR is 1-12 in his last 13 consecutive games played for the C's! He was back when he lost the first 6 upon his return! Remember, he was 0-6 going into the ACL injury game! YUP, he's been back.........LOL!!!

must kill you that they won and RR had a good game

[/QUOTE]

NOPE. To the CONTRARY! We need him to play well to increase trade value. Couldn't be happier! Now they better get it done before he does a Rondo again........Let's not forget: 

TERRY ROSS HAD 51-pts in a game this season too! Terry Ross is back too!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

That's right kid, let the W's commence!  I've been saying all along WIN streak coming!1036316054

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Some of the idiots on this forum are in denial that Rondo has never played big in a big game, despite racking up plenty of brilliant playoff performances over the course of several years. It's baffling. 

You can hate Rondo if you want but to pretend like he has never proven himself in big games destroys your credibility. 

That said, one great game doesn't mean Rondo is back nor do I even want him to play this well consistently. I don't want the eight seed in the playoffs. 

If Rondo plays this well consistently Ainge will have no choice but to trade him to keep the lottery dream alive. 

That said, I don't think Rondo can play this well consistently at the moment, he'll have his ups and downs for a while. The injury comeback will take a while. That's a good thing for this team. They can rack up losses and worry about trading Rondo in the offseason...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[/QUOTE]

That's right kid, let the W's commence!  I've been saying all along WIN streak coming!1036316054

[/QUOTE]

looks like grandpa found out how to use emoticons 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

IJS

[/QUOTE]

I think he will probably get traded in the off season, it is too much of a risk to not get anything for him and to let him walk.

[/QUOTE]

Rondo will not be traded unless a ridiculous offer presents itself, so get over it!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

"a fool" as well. He played outstanding in 5 of those 6 games prior to his injury, 2 games of which he had triple-doubles. What's your point.... "yeah, but they lost all those games"? This isn't an individuals sport. You think this is tennis or something? They had a 6 game winning streak just before that (funny how there's no mention of that, just view the negatives). It makes no sense at all to place the blame of losing/winning streak(s) solely on 1 person. Specially when that 1 person was/is clearly our best player. No sense at all. You're so quick to bash Rondo for any and everything under the sun.... are you not watching Green this year? He get a mulligan from you? Rally, your disdain has gone well beyond comedy, to just stupidity. I'm not calling you "stupid", cause I actually don't think you are. But the sense you're trying to make out of all this, is. And all your continued mockery just solidifies that point, everytime. Anyone who puts win/lose record solely on one player is uneducated in team sports. I could understand it, somewhat, if you put it all on DA. But even then.....

"Rondo is a grrat player who will get a max contract with the Someone, probally the Celtics,

However, he isn't back yet. He is going to have alot of up and down games over the next few months before he really gets back to all star form." - jtkl

agree 100%. But I gotta say, He looks like he's already progressing since his 1st couple of games back, as far as movement is concerned. I'm not even looking at his #'s right now, they're irrelevant to me at this point, good or bad. He's still gunna favor that knee probably the rest of the season. But I can already see somewhat of a comfort level forming. That's good to see. I remember it took T. Allen over 1/2 a season to start dunking the basketball again when he came back from ACL injury. And even then, he would hang on the rim, afraid to let go. Takes a long time, mentally and physically.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:
    [QUOTE]

10 assists with no KG or PP. Hmmm let the haters explain that away.

[/QUOTE]

It was Orlando.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

IJS

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rondo will not be traded unless a ridiculous offer presents itself, so get over it!

[/QUOTE]

There really isnt anything for me to get over.  Just stating the fact that if Ainge doesnt know for certain he can sign him he will probably trade him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Anyone who ignores a strong performance like that from a player who just returned from ACL injury is an even bigger fool

[/QUOTE]

++  The most extensive injury most people have is a sprained ankle and never anything more serious.  Even an arthoscopic procedure can't compare to a torn ACL.  Green's heart surgery and Rondo's rebuilt knee are complex and debilitating and the recovery periods are much longer than fans expect.  The spectre of reinjury, or in Green's case, heart failure are heavy weights to carry around on the court for a long time after returning to play (even limited minutes).  Rondo's extraordinay game was a testement to his fortitude and ability to ingore what's going on in his head.  I am impressed. Derek Rose, sadly, hasn't had that mindset yet.  He admitted that he has yet felt 100% confident in his knee.  In fact, that might have contributed to his more recent injury. Rondo is a tough guy; feerless and undeterred to compete with anyone. A responsible playing schedule seems to be in place for him to gradually return to where he was physically before the injury.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

I look at Rondo much as I look at Parker, Smart, Embid, Hood when I watch college  games. I do not get all excited if Parker either swishes a 17 footer or if it rolls around and falls out. I do not get all excited because Smart's team either wins by 2 points or loses by 5 points. I do get exited about quick ball reaction, quick passing after setting up a double team with a move, ball reaction on a rebound, anticitpation on defense, general ball handling, speed, and explosion.  As Stories says, Rondo's signature acceleration and explosion when he crosses halfcourt on the break (which made Danny call Rondo "unguardable" in the open court) are nowhere in sight.  Without that burst, max contract is crazy.  But he rest of his game is coming back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

As Stories says, Rondo's signature acceleration and explosion when he crosses halfcourt on the break (which made Danny call Rondo "unguardable" in the open court) are nowhere in sight.  Without that burst, max contract is crazy.  But he rest of his game is coming back.

let's not make any more out of rondo's partial tear than we must. by the time danny has to make a contract decision, it is reasonable to assume rondo will be fully recovered with his skillset undiminished.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Ohhh, did I hurt your feelings Rondowski?  I completely forgot you were a war vet at the ripe age of 20!!! Ohno

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

IJS

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There really isnt anything for me to get over.  Just stating the fact that if Ainge doesnt know for certain he can sign him he will probably trade him.

[/QUOTE]

Ainge would be crazy not to consider any reasonable offer when and if Rondo refuses to agree to an extension and adament about being a fully unrestricted free agent a little over a year from now.  Also, the longer you wait closer to the end of the current contract, the less leverage and value Ainge can get for Rondo.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Ohhh, did I hurt your feelings Rondowski?  I completely forgot you were a war vet at the ripe age of 20!!! Ohno

[/QUOTE]

How's DH doing this year, son???  How's that long term deal you guaranteed he'd sign with the lakers working out?

We all know how bitter you are.................so why do you keep embarassing yourself on here?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

It was great to see his return to form but consistency will be the key.  One question and pretend for a moment that this is a scenario we would want to make happen. If we gave Rondo a reasonable extension that he wants, did the same for Bradley (obviously less dollars), what is the financial possibility of keeping Humpty, Bass, Olynyk, Sullinger, and Johnson, letting Green go, acquiring Hayward and finding a strong 5 throught the draft or free agency and keeping such a group around for the next 4 to 5 years? I know my question is scattered and some will not be in favor of the scenario, but I appreciate any feedback from those who run the numbers. Thanks. Go C's!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1 well said....