Rondo's Future

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rondo's Future

Do you think Rondo will still be on the Celtics at this time next year?

If not, Who will Rondo be traded to:

A case can be made for 10 teams.  I think of those Orlando and Houston are the most likely destinations.

Houston has been talked about a lot in here, with focus on some deal involving Asik.  They could also use a versitle PF and backup SG as well.  Maybe an opportunity to dump Bass and Lee as part of a Rondo deal.

Orlando may be a more likely destination.  Nelson is 31 and his play has declined. PG back up is E'Twuan!! They are deep at SG (which we need). Olapido will make Afflalo somewhat indispensable and they are weak at SF. They have 2 - 2014 first round picks and 2 - 2016 picks.  

I would do any of the following:

Rondo and Wallace -for- Nelson, Turkaglo (huge expiring contract ) and their own 2015 first round pick.

or instead of their 2015 pick, possibly Orlando's 2014 pick from Denver (17 ish?) AND their 2016 pick from Philly (top 14 protected). Celtics would then have the option of bundling the Brooklyn pick (22ish) and Denver pick to move up in the 2014 draft. (and the 2016 draft). 

or Rondo, Wallace and Brooks -for- Nelson, Afflalo and Harkless        

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Rondo's Future

You would move Rondo for expiring contracts and a 2015 pick?

I understand you're head cheerleader in the undervalue-rondo-squad, but common. Jrue Holiday got (likely) two top10 picks! That has to be the baseline of any trade.

With Rondo, Oladipo, Afflalo, Davis and Vucevic AND a top pick in 2014 AND cap space AND Harkless, Lamb, Nicholson, and Harris possibly developing AND being in a weak East ...

...could mean that 2015 pick is not in the lottery.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonrob777. Show jonrob777's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Do you think Rondo will still be on the Celtics at this time next year?

If not, Who will Rondo be traded to:

A case can be made for 10 teams.  I think of those Orlando and Houston are the most likely destinations.

Houston has been talked about a lot in here, with focus on some deal involving Asik.  They could also use a versitle PF and backup SG as well.  Maybe an opportunity to dump Bass and Lee as part of a Rondo deal.

Orlando may be a more likely destination.  Nelson is 31 and his play has declined. PG back up is E'Twuan!! They are deep at SG (which we need). Olapido will make Afflalo somewhat indispensable and they are weak at SF. They have 2 - 2014 first round picks and 2 - 2016 picks.  

I would do any of the following:

Rondo and Wallace -for- Nelson, Turkaglo (huge expiring contract ) and their own 2015 first round pick.

or instead of their 2015 pick, possibly Orlando's 2014 pick from Denver (17 ish?) AND their 2016 pick from Philly (top 14 protected). Celtics would then have the option of bundling the Brooklyn pick (22ish) and Denver pick to move up in the 2014 draft. (and the 2016 draft). 

or Rondo, Wallace and Brooks -for- Nelson, Afflalo and Harkless        

[/QUOTE]

Both of your conjectures will not happen. Rondo will not be traded for scrubs like those mentioned above. He is an All Star top 5 PG in NBA. So much for this crazy ideas of trading the best player in the Celtics team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Stop avoiding it. Rondo would command their 2014 pick. If I were Danny I'd ask for:

BOS: Turkulu, Nelson, Harkless, 2014 first round pick

ORL: Rondo, Wallace

That would be pretty nice for Boston. Including Hump, that's 33M in reduced salary for 2014 along with another likely top 10 pick.

Orlando could definitely get into the playoffs with Rondo, Oladipo, Wallace, Davis and Vuc.

I would consider giving up Green instead of Wallace for an additional (protected) future pick, so 2016 top 15 protected.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Hold Rondo out this year and play him next year.  Find a real 2 somewhere.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

It's a guessing game Eldunker. Is ownership and DA going to follow the same formula with Rondo that they did with Peirce? I.E. - gather assets to trade for established players/stars (disgruntled with their current location like KG was). Many people believe Danny will follow that same route. Or will he look to build a champion through the draft? It's too early to tell. Would be better to wait and see how this 2014 draft works out. What kind of magic DA can make happen at that time (if any). DA and ownership have a plan. Maybe there is a plan A and B, maybe more. But for now, I do believe they will hold to their word as far as building around Rondo. But too, they will be excepting calls. The plan for now is to aquire good young assets. After that, we can only speculate.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Stop avoiding it. Rondo would command their 2014 pick. If I were Danny I'd ask for:

BOS: Turkulu, Nelson, Harkless, 2014 first round pick

ORL: Rondo, Wallace

That would be pretty nice for Boston. Including Hump, that's 33M in reduced salary for 2014 along with another likely top 10 pick.

Orlando could definitely get into the playoffs with Rondo, Oladipo, Wallace, Davis and Vuc.

I would consider giving up Green instead of Wallace for an additional (protected) future pick, so 2016 top 15 protected.

+1 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

El Dunker,

Let's assume DA is looking to trade RR, which I tend to doubt.  The isue with the Orlando scenario is that they are looking at Oladipo as a potential PG and not a SG.  If he shows the promise of being more Russell Westbrook than Avery Bradley in 2-3 years, then I doubt they are in a RR trade partner game.  They let Nelson mentor Oladipo and then he takes over at the 1 and they use their assets in other places. 

Houston is more interesting if they think Rondo is a good counter-part to Harden who needs the ball or whether they would face similar challenges to Nash playing along side Kobe - and Nash has the ability to be a spot up PG jump shooter which Rondo does not.  Also, if they bring in Rondo, don't you think they'd ask us to take on Lin's contract?

It is obviously easier to pick apart a trade proposal than build one and yours are IMO much more realistic than many others posted recently.  I doubt there is any trade for RR until he is back and playing.  Anything now would likely be pennies on the dollar in terms of return, unless DA can pull a rabbit out of the hat.