Rondo's missed layup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Rondo's missed layup

Come on now with getting on Pierce about getting tighter when Lebron hit the tying 3.

The whole book on Lebron is force him to shoot the J, especially the 3.  Sure, at the time giving up a 2 would have been better... when is it ever better to gtive up 3 instead of 2?

Had Lebron missed it, we had a big advantage... I dont have a problem with PP giving him just enough room.... and as the clock was winding down, had Pierce been in his face, Leb would have driven and an automatic foul would have been called, maybe even a 3 pt play.

Everyone can be an expert after the play.  I understand the theory behind protecting the 3 but we werent in the last 10 secs of the game, it wasnt win or lose... I get the point you all are trying to make but I cant come down on PP for that play. He stayed witth him aforced a tough 3 with the clock winding down...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

If you play basketball, we've all missed layups.   But, I do like what Ivan Lendl said.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Cfn4life,

I missed the switch off, I came back into the room and saw KG guarding Lebron.
    Under the circumstances, I guess I would rather have that, than Pierce on Lebron for the last shot. As a result, instead of driving, he took a contested jump shot and missed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I watched the play with Lebron and Pierce and Pierce was as tight as you can get on Lebron, IMO....Why you think lebron was trotting back with his mouth open??  Because it was a jaw dropping play that noone would have defended.

Ever hear the commentator say " I will take good Offense over good defense anyday"  ??  this is what they mean.  Some times great offense beats great defense.  Pierce did what he could do and Lebron made an unbelievable play in the clutch, which is what great players do and yes Lebron is a great player, as much I hate him, but please stop blaming guys who gave 100% and kept us in the game like Pierce.  You making comments like "YOU CANNOT ALLOW A 3 AT THAT TIME"  make no sense.  Its like saying the heat shouldnt have allowed Rondo to come back last game...  Noone wanted to give up anything...it was a good play and Pierce couldnt get any closer without fouling him..please watch it again...   We lost as a team and we looked gassed again just like in game 7 last year where we couldnt score...So dont blame Pierce, Rondo, Doc, Danny whoever...Our best chance was the last play in regulation with poor execution....anything over 13 seconds, these guys always fiind a way to foul it up...I like 12 seconds...just enough time for a good play...anything more,. guys overthink and usually get nothing....  It could just be its not our year and noone is to blame...so stop it, and cheer tonight for what may be their last game or shut up

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpbncb. Show rpbncb's posts

rondo should not be playing now. he's hurting the team and it's hard to believe Doc can't see this. Play west and whoever else you've got available. west needs to get settled in playing most of the game instead of being yanked every little while. Face it, rondo's done for the year. P.S. Get it through KG's head that he needs to take it to the basket hard!!! and please don't play big baby cause he SUCKS big time. keep Green in and let him get a little rythem.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Need healthy bodies, so I agree....   West has played great "D" on Wade in spurts....Baby gives you nothing and I dont like his attitude on top of it....just sit is a ss...he doesnt deserve to play in the last game given his efforts this postseason in contrast to his big mouth...he screwed us this postseason.....give them to Murph , see if he is worth keeping....Play Pavlovich, let him harass Pierce...whatever you have to do to get a rested team on the floor in the 4th,. but I wouldnt play Rondo more then 5 minutes at a time...let West get the bulk, and dont play Baby , play Murph or Kristic and tell them to hack away...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Jay,

I think that we are talking about different plays, I was talking about the Lebron shot near the end of regulation. The Heat spread the floor for Lebron to go one on one, and KG defended. Lebron decided to shoot a contested jump shot and missed.

As far as KG taking it to the basket, I believe that is exactly what the Celtics tried to do early. However, when the Heat fronted him and doubled him before he got the ball, Rondo and Ray decided to go elsewhere.

They definitely need to find a way to get KG the ball in the low post early to ensure KG's shooting confidence for game five, and take advantage of the mismatch. For example if Rondo were to drive around his defender from the corner, it could negate the fronting of KG.

Adjustments...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dk33. Show dk33's posts

I think Doc definitely should have kept West instead subbing him for Rondo in the 3rd.  The Cs extended their lead when West was in.  At that point, you could tell the injury was taking a toll on Rondo and he was not the same as in the 1st half.  I also think Doc should have had subbed Green for Rondo in the fourth when it became apparent that Rondo could not adequately score as he was responsible for 2-3 turnovers at the end of the game.  Dont get it.  Green was scoring and making a difference.  Why not have him start the OT especialyl when we all knew that team on the court looked so tired.  Can't be too loyal to Rondo.  He played great in the first half and showed a lot of heart but Doc's got to realize it's not working and make a substitution faster.

That Rondo missed layup reminded me of Bird's missed layup in that Semi-finals series in 92 against the Cavs when he missed a bunny that would have even the series as well, if I recall. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Sorry, I wasnt really directing the shut up to you,, but I dont get why you think Pierce could have done anything more.  You made some good points on one post,  but I could ask the same about Lebron...."how did he let Pierce make that J over him the play before"   you cant answer that, its called great offense, and I cant explain it to you, you just have to know it.  Did Pierce know he was gonna make a 3?   Would  you have been happy if Lebron went right by Pierce and threw down a thunderous dunk and one, and he hit a f/t?....cuz the results are the same...If Pierce gets any closer he is out of bounds and Lebron goes right by him. You are asking Pierce to forget his fundamentals and asssume lebron who isnt a great shooter was gonna hit a 3 and play tighter on him??!!??  I dont agree, but no beef here...you have your opinion...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo's missed layup:
    [QUOTE]Jay, I think that we are talking about different plays, I was talking about the Lebron shot near the end of regulation. The Heat spread the floor for Lebron to go one on one, and KG defended. Lebron decided to shoot a contested jump shot and missed. As far as KG taking it to the basket, I believe that is exactly what the Celtics tried to do early. However, when the Heat fronted him and doubled him before he got the ball, Rondo and Ray decided to go elsewhere. They definitely need to find a way to get KG the ball in the low post early to ensure KG's shooting confidence for game five, and take advantage of the mismatch. For example if Rondo were to drive around his defender from the corner, it could negate the fronting of KG. Adjustments...
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

No sorry, i was talking to anitqueman.... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Peace Bro....you are right , we need Pierce and I expect him to go all out....have to hope for the same from everyone else...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

he should have dunked it.  when in doubt and close to the basket, try to dunk - you'll get 2 points and maybe a free throw.