Rondo's, the teflon PG

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rondo's, the teflon PG

Seems he can do no wrong in Docs eyes....

Humphries is a punk... pushed KG as he looked away. who was already off balance, and sent him flying. Dirty foul imo.

So Rondo walks  to Humphries and shoves him hard... Humphries  reaches out to defend himself and Rondo keeps shoving and the fight is on.

First off.. Humphries isnt a Celtic so I dont care about him...

Second.. Rondo's  a key part of this teams success and we cant afford to lose him... and he never gave it a second thought... again...  seems I remember something like that happening in the playoffs last season too.

Like his passing up breakaway layups ... hes into what he wants and Doc better keep his mouth shut. Can someone honestly tell me passing up a breakaway layup to assist a teammate who's in traffic makes any sense??  Remember, its not a 2 on 0, nobody around us breakaway...

Check him out when giving a halftime interview..to me he seems like a zombie, devoid of any personality or interest.  Does he just care about himself?

Doc's got a real problem in that he cant control this guy and he knows it. Doc couldnt even conjur up much criticism for what Rondo did either saying "I don’t think anybody should get thrown out of a game,".. Are you kidding me??

When Doc was asked if he was disappointed in ROndo he says "So we all have to keep our emotions. Hell, we didn’t come to play as a team. That was awful, basketball-wise"

So he criticizes the team rather than go say what he should have and dare mess with his tempermental diva PGs feelings. Doc went on to say he thought Rondo "probably" overreacted..   Hey Doc, grow a pair and at least try to take control of this guy. Geez!!

Rondo is very entertaining when hes playing his game and has so much talent. But whats btw his ears is worrisome... hes gonna act like he wants whether in an early regular season game or in the playoffs and if he gets booted a few games for it..so what. He got his way and Doc keeps telling him it rains gummie bears and chocolate bunnies wherever he goes...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Rondo's, the teflon PG

Well I am not going to say that Humphries did anything wrong.  He just fouled.  Maybe a little hard but thats its.  He came down with his  hand but didn't hit nothing but KG's shoulder.  I will say that I was kind of glad he stood up for KG though.  I am glad to see we have a little fight in us.  I hated to see the  streak end like that but it is probably best for the team.  Two times before he got ejected last night he had layups and did not take them.  One was uncontested and the other might have been uncontested too.  Not sure anyone would have made a play or not.  When you don't take layups,  no thats a problem.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Rondo shouldn't have lost his cool, but he's not the AntiChrist.  We lost because we couldn't shoot the ball into the ocean (a common problem with us for years), and our defense is spotty at best.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

KimKardashian packs more wallop than R9R.

Just ask KrisH.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Number6Fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo shouldn't have lost his cool, but he's not the AntiChrist.  We lost because we couldn't shoot the ball into the ocean (a common problem with us for years), and our defense is spotty at best.

[/QUOTE]

wHAT ABOUT THE NEXT ________ games Rondo may miss due to suspension??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seems he can do no wrong in Docs eyes....

Humphries is a punk... pushed KG as he looked away. who was already off balance, and sent him flying. Dirty foul imo.

So Rondo walks  to Humphries and shoves him hard... Humphries  reaches out to defend himself and Rondo keeps shoving and the fight is on.

First off.. Humphries isnt a Celtic so I dont care about him...

Second.. Rondo's  a key part of this teams success and we cant afford to lose him... and he never gave it a second thought... again...  seems I remember something like that happening in the playoffs last season too.

Like his passing up breakaway layups ... hes into what he wants and Doc better keep his mouth shut. Can someone honestly tell me passing up a breakaway layup to assist a teammate who's in traffic makes any sense??  Remember, its not a 2 on 0, nobody around us breakaway...

Check him out when giving a halftime interview..to me he seems like a zombie, devoid of any personality or interest.  Does he just care about himself?

Doc's got a real problem in that he cant control this guy and he knows it. Doc couldnt even conjur up much criticism for what Rondo did either saying "I don’t think anybody should get thrown out of a game,".. Are you kidding me??

When Doc was asked if he was disappointed in ROndo he says "So we all have to keep our emotions. Hell, we didn’t come to play as a team. That was awful, basketball-wise"

So he criticizes the team rather than go say what he should have and dare mess with his tempermental diva PGs feelings. Doc went on to say he thought Rondo "probably" overreacted..   Hey Doc, grow a pair and at least try to take control of this guy. Geez!!

Rondo is very entertaining when hes playing his game and has so much talent. But whats btw his ears is worrisome... hes gonna act like he wants whether in an early regular season game or in the playoffs and if he gets booted a few games for it..so what. He got his way and Doc keeps telling him it rains gummie bears and chocolate bunnies wherever he goes...

[/QUOTE] BINGO  !!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Celtics have far more significant problems than Rondo.  He can play, it is the rest of the team that can't.  Pierce is a different player this year and the ramifications of it nobody seems to see yet.  Pierce can score but not in the way that helps the team.  He takes nights off without warning.  With two days rest yet he looks old.  Terry gets hardly a shot during the game.  Lee still can't get in the flow. Sullinger is a low impact player now. Jeff Green is what. Bradley is he going to be the same player?

KG is the only guy other than Rondo who has anything.  The other teams are better and we are worse.  We need a trade but who will want our personnel. Hopefully we improve but who will rebound. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

So much for Rondo caring so much about his personal stats.

Guy needs more self control tho. 

How long do you think this suspension will be for?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

That's why Danny tried to trade him for CP3. Doc and Danny knew very well back then how high-maintenance this kid is. It didn't go through so Doc and Danny decided to indulge him and protect his brittle ego hoping for the best. Alas, no signs of consistant leadership like Paul, Parker or Rose. The game against Detroit was embarrasing, me first then the team. Could you imagine Bird acting like that? And the whole assist thing is bogus anyway. Passing the ball to Sully who makes an open jumper? Really? In Cousy's days that wouldn't have counted as an assist.

So Rondo as the cornerstone of the C's? That's the road we've taken and it's going to be a wild ride (entertaining, hell yeah! winning...?), especially when KG retires. They even invented a job for Dooling to help manage Rondo. Maybe it's like the Jeff Green situation, the C's are hoping and waiting for something that can only come in spurts. It's KG who brought us back to relevance in 2007 and it still is now. 2013 is around the corner.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Celtics have far more significant problems than Rondo.  He can play, it is the rest of the team that can't.  Pierce is a different player this year and the ramifications of it nobody seems to see yet.  Pierce can score but not in the way that helps the team.  He takes nights off without warning.  With two days rest yet he looks old.  Terry gets hardly a shot during the game.  Lee still can't get in the flow. Sullinger is a low impact player now. Jeff Green is what. Bradley is he going to be the same player?

KG is the only guy other than Rondo who has anything.  The other teams are better and we are worse.  We need a trade but who will want our personnel. Hopefully we improve but who will rebound. 

[/QUOTE]

Valid points but this year the keys have been handed to Rondo. His leadership transmits to the rest of the team. Maybe this is what a team led by Rondo looks like. Inconsistant.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Um, isnt it the PG's job to get our shooters shots and get Lee into the flow of the game??

You are correct that at times Pierce looks old but theres a good reason for it. PP is old.

The thread wasnt about whats wrong with the Celtics... its about the RR Syndrome which appears to be over Docs head to handle.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

[QUOTE]

x x x  Doc's got a real problem in that he cant control this guy and he knows it. Doc couldnt even conjur up much criticism for what Rondo did either saying "I don’t think anybody should get thrown out of a game,".. Are you kidding me??

[/QUOTE]

A good coach doesn't trash his players in public, particularly when addressing the media.  Don't take Doc's words at face value. There is a tinge of sarcasm in his seemingly clueless responses. Expect Doc to deal with Rondo appropriately behind closed doors. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

FTC-WSO

In response to edcap99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A good coach doesn't trash his players in public, particularly when addressing the media.  Don't take Doc's words at face value. There is a tinge of sarcasm in his seemingly clueless responses. Expect Doc to deal with Rondo appropriately behind closed doors. 

[/QUOTE]

Doc had that same tinge of sarcasm in his voice when he explained that R9R bumped ref Marc Davis in the PO's last season because Davis stopped unexpectedly, drawing the contact.

R9R was "perhaps" guilty of FTC (following too closely).... more specifically... FTC-WSO (while screaming obscenities)!!!

"Expect Doc to deal with Rondo appropriately behind closed doors."  That's not sarcasm. That's slap stick comedy.

One word..... 15 letters.... Nevagonnahappen.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Hey Doc, grow a pair and at least try to take control of this guy. Geez!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Doc's always been known for being candid with his players but in the right forum (which is NOT in front of the microphone).

But, do we now question Ray Allen's story that Doc and Danny tried to trade RR because he was hard to get along with and stubborn?   How many times do we have to see Rondo's tempermental approach to deny what's in front of us.

This guy can be great but simply can't keep his focus consistent.  So, tempermental and erratic is what we get.  We have to learn to live with it because Danny can't get the value he wants in a trade.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

More horse manure coming from Rondo and  managment about the fight/suspension from last night.

DA has to be very concerned about R9R's trade value after 3 suspensions in 9 months... but can't dare let it show.

And doc making more excuses.

http://espn.go.com/espn/print?id=8691826&type=story

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Rondo shouldn't have lost his cool, but he's not the AntiChrist.  We lost because we couldn't shoot the ball into the ocean (a common problem with us for years), and our defense is spotty at best."

quit voicing reasonable and well thought opinions in here, you are never going to fit in. :) 

"DA has to be very concerned about R9R's trade value after 3 suspensions in 9 months... but can't dare let it show."

Not at all, as Ainge has no plans to trade Rondo. True, Rondo has hurt his trade value a bit based on these suspensions, but Rondo still has by far the best trade value on the Celts right now, he's the only one who is overperforming a decent size contract. 

DA would have to be more concerned that there are no other people on the Celts he can even consider trading, no one else has any trade value at all. Barbosa does but his contract is very modest and we need him. No one with a big contract has any trade value but Rondo. Ainge could trade Rondo tomorrow and get something good in return - just not good enough to replace what he brings.

Rondo made a bonehead move and hurt the team. That said Rondo is the least of Doc and Ainge's concerns right now. Top of the list aside from what I just mentioned would be Bradley having trouble coming back from injury and Ainge signing head case Jeff Green to a really expensive contract. 

As much as you hate Rondo he brings a good game just about every night this year, wheras Jeff Green, paid almost as much as Rondo (one tier down), has brought nothing. Yet you have no criticisms of Green as you are Rondo-obsessed....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

Rondo should have been traded long ago for a half decent pg that could shoot. The guys a stubborn- selfish -hothead that plays 1 dimensional basketball.   Any guards that plays along side him will be held back by his limited offensive skills.  Just picture a prime MJ playing along side Rondo.   Rondo dribbles up the court...dribbles dribble dribbles dribble dribbles dribbles dribbles....MJ thinks:Pass me the ball you dumb@$$.   Rondo says: No.  MJ, you have to get open, only then will I pass the ball, that way I get an assist.  Yep, that's basically the whole Celtics offense.  It's being held hostage by Rondo.      

Furthermore, he is all about himself first before the team...how many times have we seen him give up wide open layups to try to get an assist.    Or throw a hissy fit when he doesn't get his way; like that time he had his little tantrum on national TV when Doc tried to take him out because Nate Robinson was player better than him....I just don't get why Rondo gets such leniency.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rivers said. "And he did last night. Now, again, I don't think he had any intentions when it started. I don't think he went in there thinking, 'We're going to get in a fight.' I'm just going to stand up for my guy and got his legs up under him. Unfortunately the other guy reacted. Rondo reacted back.

Yea Doc, its all Humphries fault... he actually put his hands up to defend himself from an attacking Rondo. WHo could have forseen  Humphries actually trying to defend himself? What bad luck for ROndo... his two handed, hard shove of Humphries was really his way of inviting Humphries over  for flavored tea and krimpets after the game....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Rondo is an idiot.  

Being an idiot does not make him the problem with this team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

Rivers said. "And he did last night. Now, again, I don't think he had any intentions when it started. I don't think he went in there thinking, 'We're going to get in a fight.' I'm just going to stand up for my guy and got his legs up under him. Unfortunately the other guy reacted. Rondo reacted back.

Yea Doc, its all Humphries fault... he actually put his hands up to defend himself from an attacking Rondo. WHo could have forseen  Humphries actually trying to defend himself? What bad luck for ROndo... his two handed, hard shove of Humphries was really his way of inviting Humphries over  for flavored tea and krimpets after the game....

[/QUOTE]
    It actually gets worse than that. Doc claiming that R9R was just trying to get Humphries away from KG and Humphries pulled Rondo into himself.

Rondo the peacemaker got accosted by Humphries.

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    It actually gets worse than that. Doc claiming that R9R was just trying to get Humphries away from KG and Humphries pulled Rondo into himself.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

How horrible! I would expect Rivers to say that it was all Rondo's fault! That way Rondo would get a longer suspension!  I mean there is no way that Rivers was trying to put a spin on it through the media so that The league would keep his suspension to a minimum right?  

I mean why would Rivers do that?  You guys are right.  Rivers should have come out to the media and said Rondo was a punk and deserved 10 games.  I have no idea why guys like you aren't NBA coaches.  So savvy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

How horrible! I would expect Rivers to say that it was all Rondo's fault! That way Rondo would get a longer suspension!  I mean there is no way that Rivers was trying to put a spin on it through the media so that The league would keep his suspension to a minimum right?  

I mean why would Rivers do that?  You guys are right.  Rivers should have come out to the media and said Rondo was a punk and deserved 10 games.  I have no idea why guys like you aren't NBA coaches.  So savvy.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, appreciate the compliment but I have a nice, cushy business and enough money to live comfortably the rest of my days.. Still, makes me feel good to be appreciated.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rondo for Gortat straight up in a minute.

Better to have a good big man and consistent team chemistry and performance than a one-off crazy talented PG with debilitating weaknesses, poor leadership and decision making and inconsistent performance affecting the entire team's performance.

Like Ray Allen, a consumate professional, I'm tired of the Rondo show.

Trade Rondo for a Big and replace him with just an adequate PG and this team is much better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo for Gortat straight up in a minute.

Better to have a good big man and consistent team chemistry and performance than a one-off crazy talented PG with debilitating weaknesses, poor leadership and decision making and inconsistent performance affecting the entire team's performance.

Like Ray Allen, a consumate professional, I'm tired of the Rondo show.

Trade Rondo for a Big and replace him with just an adequate PG and this team is much better.

[/QUOTE]

Smart GMs aren't going to give up a good big man for R9R for all of the reasons you cited above. He's a PITA more trouble than he is worth.

My guess is that we are stuck with Rondo until he screws up so badly that management is forced to take harsh disciplinary action which may further erode his trade value. Or unless they will  consider a quick fire sale.

I don't see any easy way out at this point. Not with this management team wedded to him.

Pud

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, appreciate the compliment but I have a nice, cushy business and enough money to live comfortably the rest of my days.. Still, makes me feel good to be appreciated.

[/QUOTE] You've come up with some really good ones lately!!