ROSE or RONDO?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Re: ROSE or RONDO?

In Response to Re: ROSE or RONDO?:
    [QUOTE]Trade both of them for Derek Fisher and Steve Blake Neither one can cover a book!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Both can hit their free throws and hit a shot from 10+ feet lmao. And after this season Blake will have as many rings as rondo/pierce/kg/allen lmao.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Thank you Pud you have a sense of humor.  If I was starting a team Rose and if I wanted a point guard to lead the big three Rondo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ROSE or RONDO? : Both can hit their free throws and hit a shot from 10+ feet lmao. And after this season Blake will have as many rings as rondo/pierce/kg/allen lmao.
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

So, Fisher is better than Rose?  I mean that's what the thread is about!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ROSE or RONDO? : So, Fisher is better than Rose?  I mean that's what the thread is about!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Actually the thread is ROSE or RONDO????

Suggest you read again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ROSE or RONDO? : Actually the thread is ROSE or RONDO????   Suggest you read again.
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

It's a pointless argument, so I made something you are apparently unfamiliar with - a joke!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Thank you Pud you have a sense of humor.  If I was starting a team Rose and if I wanted a point guard to lead the big three Rondo.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

It would be hard to go wrong with either of the two if starting a team.

And I suspect that Rondo might finally commit to rounding out his game if you picked him.

Necessity has been know to  be the mother of invention.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]is rose making his teammates better or does rondo make his teammates better?
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth[/QUOTE]

P34, you're joking, right?   I love Rondo, but try not to forget that Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and KG were all star/hall of famers before Rondo was ever thought about.  Rondo does NOT make Pierce better.  KG isn't what he used to be but he's certainly who he is due in no part to Rondo.  Ray benefits the most for the passes, but certainly, Ray got his shot all of his career.

This is such a silly discussion thread that its making people get out of character.  It was bait for a silly discussion.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Rose hands down. I was just looking at highlights when the Bulls played the Hornets tonight, and Rose is becoming virtually unstoppable.

The Heat were throwing double and triple teams at him Sunday, and he STILL put up 27 points.

The comparison is not even FAIR in my opinion.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ROSE or RONDO? : P34, you're joking, right?   I love Rondo, but try not to forget that Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and KG were all star/hall of famers before Rondo was ever thought about.  Rondo does NOT make Pierce better.  KG isn't what he used to be but he's certainly who he is due in no part to Rondo.  Ray benefits the most for the passes, but certainly, Ray got his shot all of his career. This is such a silly discussion thread that its making people get out of character.  It was bait for a silly discussion.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Thanks you said exactly what I was getting ready to type.  You are right KG and Ray benefit the most and those three guys all were probably heading to the hall before Rondo even played pro ball.  Yes he may make it easier on them but to say he is responsible for making them is a joke.  Rose on the other hand isn't really making his team mates better but is now a dangerous player. The have others too and thats why they are winning. 

You can say what you want about who you would take but I bet 90% of the GMs in the league would take Rose hands down.

BYW  I am a Rondo fan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

It doesn't matter who else is on the team, Rose will make any team better than Rondo will!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE] It doesn't matter who else is on the team, Rose will make any team better than Rondo will!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Hating on Rondo? Wow!

I don't blame you, you are better suited to be a Bulls fan. After all, 90% of your posts are bull!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ROSE or RONDO? : Thanks you said exactly what I was getting ready to type.  You are right KG and Ray benefit the most and those three guys all were probably heading to the hall before Rondo even played pro ball.  Yes he may make it easier on them but to say he is responsible for making them is a joke.  Rose on the other hand isn't really making his team mates better but is now a dangerous player. The have others too and thats why they are winning.  You can say what you want about who you would take but I bet 90% of the GMs in the league would take Rose hands down. BYW  I am a Rondo fan.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

My guess is, like pure Ivory soap,  99.44% GM's would choose DRose... unless Rondo insisted on a package deal, taking the Big Three with him.

That might cause GMs to reconsider.

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ROSE or RONDO? : Hating on Rondo? Wow! I don't blame you, you are better suited to be a Bulls fan. After all, 90% of your posts are bull!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

What about the other 10%?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

"3. O. J. Mayo, his big toe is better then Telfair, and Rondo combined."

My X-mas Celtic wish is....

posted at 12/23/2006 9:21 PM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406">
    First: 2/12/2006
    Last: 3/8/2011

1. A new GM.

2. A new coach.

3. O. J. Mayo, his big toe is better then Telfair, and Rondo combined.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ROSE or RONDO? : My guess is, like pure Ivory soap,  99.44% GM's would choose DRose... unless Rondo insisted on a package deal, taking the Big Three with him. That might cause GMs to reconsider. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

What the heck is the other .56% thinking?Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ROSE or RONDO? : What the heck is the other .56% thinking?
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

They apparently buy into JerryCole's FACT-BASED 82games.com  stats showing that clutch player Rondo scores at will, whenever his team needs for him to score.

.56% of the GM's (and J/C too) surely can't be wrong!

No way!  

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

"I'm starting to agree with our Laker friends, about all the excuse making."

Re: You missed this if you watched on TV.

posted at 1/12/2010 3:19 PM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406">
    First: 2/12/2006
    Last: 3/8/2011

"A fan on a jumbotron" i have heard it all now. That statement tops yesterdays statement, about Doc's face. 

I'm starting to agree with our Laker friends, about all the excuse making.  

It wasn't the refs fault that big baby committed a flagrant foul, or Doc"he who angers you controls you" Rivers, lost it and got T'd up, or an asst. coach getting another t. None of that was the refs fault. 

Did the refs beat us the other 2 times the Hawks beat the C's.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

[QUOTE]is rose making his teammates better or does rondo make his teammates better?
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth[/QUOTE]

PierceIsTheTruth asks if rondo makes his teammates better, not if rondo makes his teammates good.

pierce is shooting 50.3%. his previous best is 47.2%. he is a career 44.8% shooter. 

allen is shooting 50.3%. his previous best is 48%. he is a career 45.2% shooter.

garnett is shooting 52.6%. his previous best is 53.9%

i think we can see that in the case of pierce and allen, rondo does indeed make them better shooters. garnett not as much.

heaven forbid we give our star pg too much credit. but we see here he does make at least two of his HOF teammates better, and should be recognized for it regardless of how silly this thread is. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Before you dismiss the question of whether Rondo makes his teammates better, you should probably come up with an alternative explanation for why all three of the Big Three are having career shooting years.

It's possible that it's mere coincidence - that all three just suddenly began hitting shots better than they ever have before.  Possible, but highly unlikely.

And then there is the fact that all three give Rondo loads of credit for how the team performs offensively.  The team has the highest FG% in the NBA.

And before any of you (yes, this means you, Dud and Pud) start quoting points per game stats, I have one word: pace.  The Celtics want to limit the number of possessions in a game.  That is Doc's strategy.   And the team is very good at it.  So it's not how many points per game the team gets - the true measures of the quality of their offense is their offensive efficiency and their FG%.  Both are excellent.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ROSE or RONDO? : They apparently buy into JerryCole's FACT-BASED 82games.com  stats showing that clutch player Rondo scores at will, whenever his team needs for him to score. .56% of the GM's (and J/C too) surely can't be wrong! No way!   Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

So tell us, Pud - what facts would YOU use to prove your assertion that Rondo "runs away and hides when the game is on the line"?  I think that it has been clearly demonstrated that your bias against Rondo distorts your perception and your memory.  So YOU give us some facts, or a change.

As for your earlier charge of my "cherry-picking stats" from 82games.com, how about demonstrating its validity by presenting facts from 82games that contradict what I've reported from that source.

Alternatively, what source of facts that's better than 82games can you cite regarding "clutch" performance.  82games has tracked the performance of every NBA player in the last five minutes of close games (neither team leading by more than five).  They were doing that long before Rondo's arrival on the NBA scene.

One more question.  If there are no facts supporting your point of view, are we to believe that your biased perception and memory are better sources of information than objective data from an independent source that contradicts your beliefs?

Just asking.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]depends on who the other 4 guys on the court are a team with three 20 point scorers who are diverse in their attacks and need a highly intelligent PG, who thinks 1-2 steps ahead and can pass the ball in precise spots in the flow of the game... you want Rondo a team with only one 20 point scorer and a couple lunch-pail defenders 12-14ppg types... then you want Rose b/c he is a 22p-8a PG while Rondo is a 14-12 In the end you get the same production.. and they are both good rebounders/defenders I guess you go Rose b/c it is harder to find three all-stars and he is younger If Rondo imprvoes his shot before next seaosn the way rose did before this one... so that part of the game is equal, then Rondo w/o question...
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Rondo is not 14 and 12, he averages fewer points than assists.  He gets most of his assists because he does not take shots that Rose takes and makes all the time.

Boozer and Deng are very good players.  The Bulls went about the first 30 without Boozer and the next 20 or so without Noah (arguably their second and third best players) and they are only a couple of games behind the Cs and have the best defense in the league.

It is funny to even compare someone who most think will be the MVP to someone who will never see another all-star game.

Add it all up and look back over the last 20 or so years and you will find that it doesn't really matter all that much who the point guard is when it comes to winning titles.

The Bulls have won 6, the Lakers, 5, the Spurs 5.  So that is 16 of the last 20 or so.

The two best point guards that have won titles in the last 20 years or so have been Billups and Parker.

Other point guards that have won titles - a second year Rondo, BJ Armstrong, Derek Fisher, John Paxson, blah, blah, blah.....

If there is one person who can honestly come on here and admit that they would take Rondo over Rose, they very simply have no clear what they are talking about.