Roster Upgrades

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Roster Upgrades

Might actually be scary, if it was accurate!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

In Response to Re: Roster Upgrades:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Roster Upgrades : "Rumors of" does not mean it is inaccurate. Things take time. Barbosa is needed more for the Fakers then Miles is unless Miles would be playing back up SG and SF.
    Posted by TommyRules[/QUOTE]
    You are awfully fixated on the Lakers for a Celtic "fan." They won't win the West, so who cares?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Roster Upgrades : I would talk about the Kings or Hornets if anyone cared to discuss them. Most Celtics fans here only care to talk about the Celtics and Lakers. Who is to say that LA won't get out of the West? How do we know the Celtics will get past Brooklyn and NY in their own division?
    we don't know. And the Celtic fans are not the ones bringing up the Lakers. You and Bynumsazero are. I don't know if the Celtics can win the East. We are the deepest team. I'm real sure LA isn't coming out.OKC is young and talented and look out for Dallas and SA. This is a Celtics forum, pal. We talk Celtics. and NO, I'm not rame. One screen name. Nutter 44

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Roster Upgrades:
    [QUOTE]The Celtics have done a great job upgrading their roster. They seem to have one spot left that will go to one of the rookies or maybe Pietrus if he would agree to a veterans minimum contract. I wanted to see what one of our two hated rivals has done with their roster since the beginning of last season. Fisher/Nash Caracter/Jamison Murphy/J. Hill Walton/Eyenga Barnes/rumors of CJ Miles Kapono/rumors of Barbosa Miami has also upgraded their roster. It should be an exciting season!

it is true.  The Lakers did need to upgrade after being destroyed in the second round two years in a row.

They have improved quite a bit.  I think next year they could beat the Nuggets in 6 in the first round instead of 7, and maybe stretch OKC to 6 games in the second round.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Nash is replacing Sessions, not Fisher

Jamison is a SF, and is therefore, replacing Matt-traffic-ticket-Barnes

Hill is replacing McRoberts (taking his mins), Murphy barely played

Eyenga won't play - just like Walton

No mention of Goudelock or Ebanks................or Robert Sacre.

"rumors" of Howard, too - rumors of Jodie Meeks, rumors of Barbosa, rumors of CJ Miles...............rumors of them going to CLE, too.

Other that that, nice job   RICO!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]It's not just Lakers fans that bring up the Lakers. jtkl, hedley, Dfury, Fierce and myself have all started recent threads about LA. I don't know if Boston is deeper than Miami with the additions or Ray and Lewis. Teams don't need 15 top players. Teams play their best 8-10 players in the playoffs. Boston's frontcourt is not that strong. Their backcourt should be great. They are also stacked at SF. Dallas is probably a 6 seed in the West. With Nash and Jamison LA is just as good as OKC. LA's pg play killed their team in last years playoffs. That won't happen this year.

Who knows?

It's ridiculous to talk about the 2013 playoffs in August of 2012.  

I would never at this point try and guess how boston would do in the 2013 playoffs.  So many things can happen in 10 months.

Until proven otherwise the Lakers are a talented team with some huge chemistry issues that have been beaten on two straight years in the second round.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Roster Upgrades : Who knows? It's ridiculous to talk about the 2013 playoffs in August of 2012.   I would never at this point try and guess how boston would do in the 2013 playoffs.  So many things can happen in 10 months. Until proven otherwise the Lakers are a talented team with some huge chemistry issues that have been beaten on two straight years in the second round.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

+1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Roster Upgrades : "Rumors of" does not mean it is inaccurate. Things take time. Barbosa is needed more for the Fakers then Miles is unless Miles would be playing back up SG and SF.

You mean like - "Nash going to the Knicks"  "Howard may be on the team at the start of the year"  "HOU wants to rent Howard for the year"...................THOSE types of rumors?  Or just ones YOU start??

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Roster Upgrades : Kobe will be playing next to the best point guard that he has ever played with. What Nash can do for Kobe and Gasol's game will be huge.    The addition of Jamison to take either Barnes or McRoberts minutes is huge. LA lost to OKC but were in all but 1 game in the 4th quarter. That team is far worse than the 2012-13 Lakers.

I guess we will see.  Right now you have a team that is 1 and 8 in the second round over the past two years that added Nash and Jamison.  Not that scary man.

You have no idea about chemistry, injuries etc.  It's cool to say that your team improved, just as I know the Celtics improved.

You might as well wait until April before you start talking about playoff match ups though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I will talk about other teams in the West than the fakers. I think Sacramento will be the suprise team this year. Last year they had injury and maturity issues but at least half have been resolved. They have a really nice young core group of players and are adding some nice pieces by addition and subtraction and have picks and players that have trade value and /or depth strength. they have the horses lets see if they can hook em to the wagon together though. The fakers made some improvements but are doing like we did w rashweed hoping Nash has 1 or 2 years left in legs and in the heart.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Roster Upgrades : You mean like - "Nash going to the Knicks"  "Howard may be on the team at the start of the year"  "HOU wants to rent Howard for the year"...................THOSE types of rumors?  Or just ones YOU start??
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

There you go again.  CRAZINESS!!!!

LMAO

Laughing

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Roster Upgrades : I guess we will see.  Right now you have a team that is 1 and 8 in the second round over the past two years that added Nash and Jamison.  Not that scary man. You have no idea about chemistry, injuries etc.  It's cool to say that your team improved, just as I know the Celtics improved. You might as well wait until April before you start talking about playoff match ups though.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

But they won't!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Roster Upgrades : The roster upgrades were from the start of last season. Jamison plays SF/PF. With MWP and Ebanks at SF, Jamison will definitely get some time at PF. McRoberts is still on the team. I didn't mention Goudelock and Ebanks because they are still on the team, just like I didn't mention Kobe, Bynum, Gasol or MWP. I heard LA really wants to keep Sacre if he can make the team. Johnson-Odom and Goudelock will probably fight for the 15th roster spot. If LA signs Barbosa or Meeks, then probably neither of them make the roster. PG: Nash/Blake/Morris SG: Kobe/either Goudelock, Barbosa, Meeks, Miles SF: MWP/Ebanks/Eyenga PF: Gasol/Jamison/McRoberts C: Bynum/Hill/Sacre

nice try....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Roster Upgrades : Kobe will be playing next to the best point guard that he has ever played with. What Nash can do for Kobe and Gasol's game will be huge.    The addition of Jamison to take either Barnes or McRoberts minutes is huge. LA lost to OKC but were in all but 1 game in the 4th quarter. That team is far worse than the 2012-13 Lakers.

Sound pretty excited for them...ha.ha...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

[QUOTE]It's not just Lakers fans that bring up the Lakers. jtkl, hedley, Dfury, Fierce and myself have all started recent threads about LA. I don't know if Boston is deeper than Miami with the additions or Ray and Lewis. Teams don't need 15 top players. Teams play their best 8-10 players in the playoffs. Boston's frontcourt is not that strong. Their backcourt should be great. They are also stacked at SF. Dallas is probably a 6 seed in the West. With Nash and Jamison LA is just as good as OKC. LA's pg play killed their team in last years playoffs. That won't happen this year.
    "Their backcourt?" Referring to the C's? Don't you mean "our backcourt?" I thought you were trying to sell us on you as a Celtics fan. You are BUSTED!! Fraud! Liar!!!

25. This post has been removed.