Rumor - Celtics interested in Kidd-Gilchrist

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Rumor - Celtics interested in Kidd-Gilchrist

I'm not sure what the Bobcats want...probably AB and a #1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Re: Rumor - Celtics interested in Kidd-Gilchrist

Liked him coming out last year...Good size, strength, athleticism on the wing...Very competitive

Not sure how we would get him. I wouldn't do AB+1st...

I'm not crazy about adding another non-shooter to the team either. Our floor spacing could be horrendous.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

He is the type of player that can play defense on Lebron James.  Useless in Charlotte, but all the contenders will be interested in him. 

Jeff Green should be the starting SF.  Unless Green gets traded, we don't need Kidd right now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I would generally trade AB straight up for Kidd, but not with the current Celtics team personnel, and no way do I include a #1.  Jeff Green is a very decent defensive player and a much better offensive SF than Kidd, who shot a miserable 22% from 3 point land.   

AB and Kidd have almost identical stats, but Kidd has a higher PER (neither are impressive) for believers in that stat.  

AB:   9.2 PPG / 2.2 APG / 2.2 RPG / 8.89 PER

K:     9.0 PPG / 1.5 APG / 5.8 RPG / 14.04 PER

If the Celtics are actually interested in Kidd, (which I can't comprehend), I would think that means they are considering trading Green. which means they would NOT also trade Rondo.  Maybe AB is not our starting SG, (with Rondo at PG) given his curious deterioration of outside shot last year.  but he is a great 6th man and a needed PG/SG defensive stopper IMO.     

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MorningWood. Show MorningWood's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I'm not sure what the Bobcats want...probably AB and a #1

What source do you have that claims the Celtics are interested in MKG?  Haven't seen that anywhere, even though the Bobcats have let it be known he is out there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Gonna need a back up SF for Green if Pierce is going for that PTE from the Cavs ....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

Gonna need a back up SF for Green if Pierce is going for that PTE from the Cavs ....

So you trade your starting SG for a back-up to our best offensive player?  But said backup is a starter himself.  That doesn't make any sense to me.  

We need a starter at SG (Bradley is a quasi-starter), a starter a Center (maybe share minutes with KG, IF he returns); a starter at PF (to share minutes IF Sully comes back healthy) and a backup at PG, BEFORE we need a backup at SF.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

We're full at the SG spot already ... Lee, Terry, Crawford & Bradley. We can't afford to give up Bradley to replace Pierce? And not that I'd do a SF before C but the thread is about the rumor of C's interest in Gilchrist and while premature it's not unreasonable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennCelt53. Show KennCelt53's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

[QUOTE]

So you trade your starting SG for a back-up to our best offensive player?  But said backup is a starter himself.  That doesn't make any sense to me.  

We need a starter at SG (Bradley is a quasi-starter), a starter a Center (maybe share minutes with KG, IF he returns); a starter at PF (to share minutes IF Sully comes back healthy) and a backup at PG, BEFORE we need a backup at SF.   

[/QUOTE]

We need star power on the new revamped Celtics. You take them at whatever position you can and make adjustments later. The question is is Kidd-Gilchrist a star in the making? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to KennCelt53's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We need star power on the new revamped Celtics. You take them at whatever position you can and make adjustments later. The question is is Kidd-Gilchrist a star in the making? 

[/QUOTE]

is Bradley a star in the making?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

We're full at the SG spot already ... Lee, Terry, Crawford & Bradley. We can't afford to give up Bradley to replace Pierce? And not that I'd do a SF before C but the thread is about the rumor of C's interest in Gilchrist and while premature it's not unreasonable.

We're full of junk at the SG position.  Lets not give up our best player at that position.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

We're full of junk at the SG position.  Lets not give up our best player at that position.

[/QUOTE]

Other than his defense, can you honestly say you want him to be the starting SHOOTING GUARD on this team .... C'mon, you can be honest with us ... we all saw what he did this past year. I'd rather see Lee start until he loses the job himself now that Doc's gone.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bradley's upside was forever exposed at the end of the year.  He is a piece, but with this team depending on who stays, his offense will stick out like a  sore thumb.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Other than his defense, can you honestly say you want him to be the starting SHOOTING GUARD on this team .... C'mon, you can be honest with us ... we all saw what he did this past year. I'd rather see Lee start until he loses the job himself now that Doc's gone.

[/QUOTE]

His offense is no worse and probably better than Kidd...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His offense is no worse and probably better than Kidd...

[/QUOTE]

How did Kidd get into the argument ... We have Terry (who may not be done ... an off year? too soon to say), Lee (a decent defender and able to create his own shot), Crawford (acknowledged gunslinger who shoots from the hip but can improve with the right coach) and the kid (Bradley not Jason, who after the last two years has become Jekyll & Hyde ... which is the real Bradley?) ... Tradeable?   Terry = Maybe   Crawford = Questionable  Lee = Yes   Bradley = Yes  

As much as I love Bradley's "D" his offense may never be the same as the prior year after double shoulder surgery and I'd get what I can for him now and take my chances with Lee for the time being.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennCelt53. Show KennCelt53's posts

In response to KennCelt53's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

is Bradley a star in the making?

[/QUOTE
    Bradley probably is near his ceiling. He will develop his outside shot further. His defense is top notch, but an allstar, I  doubt it. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

I think it will be interesting to see how Bradley handles things without Doc.  I see Bradley as a mentally weak player who can disappear for weeks at a time after a bad game.  Doc really took Bradley under his wing,  at one point allowing AB to stay with him at his home after his rookie season.

IMO Doc treated Bradley with kid gloves and instilled in him a confidence to (at times) be a legit starter.  I am worried that when someone else comes in to coach they won't cater to Bradley's fragile ego, leaving him to his own doubts.

Not to mention the effects of constant accusatory stares from an unbridled Rondo when Bradley misses wide open shots and layups.  

I don't know if MKG could succeed at the 2, but I believe Bradley will take a step back this year as opposed to forward.  So if DA can get a talented young player with upside like this for Bradley the time is NOW.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

You may be correct, but I don't agree.  Danny has been the key supportive proponent of Bradley from day one, not Doc.  I believe that Danny strongly influenced Doc to insert Bradley in the lineup to get experience.  

I thought his outside shot was very acceptable before he injured his shoulder(s).  When he returned last year, the accuracy diminished.  Now, healthy with time to practice his shot, and a different support structure around him (read - NO Doc), maybe he will improve both accuracy and resulting confidence.

and his defense is as good as there is in the NBA, out front, which compensates for limited offense, just like Rondo's strengths compensate for his terrible outside shot, horrible free throw% and difficult attitude.  

Too early to give up on Bradley. I give him another full year to see what we have.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

I'd do it.   But, it'd have to be one for one deal.   MKG hasn't earned anything to be worth 2 players (maybe a 2nd only if you have to balance salaries).   AB is a hustler, but I don't think he has a high b-ball IQ. ... then again, I don't think I saw MKG play at all last season.   Unfortunately then he is like an unseen rook to me so maybe I shouldn't speak so quick.   But, by his rep...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:

Liked him coming out last year...Good size, strength, athleticism on the wing...Very competitive

Not sure how we would get him. I wouldn't do AB+1st...

I'm not crazy about adding another non-shooter to the team either. Our floor spacing could be horrendous.

If we are tanking this could be the trade that assures us the #1 pick in 2014.