Rumors that Rockets talking with Bucks Re Ilyasova/Sanders (C's can facilitate)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Rumors that Rockets talking with Bucks Re Ilyasova/Sanders (C's can facilitate)

Rockets like Ilyasova as a Stretch 4 and can swap him for Asik straight up but what will the Bucks do with both Asik and Sanders (who happens to have a poison pill extension - $3MM this yr and $11MM the following four yrs for a net cap expense of $9.4MM/yr) after signing Sanders to an extension last year. Sanders is still out with a hand injury which has really PO'd the Bucks since he was suppose to be the face of the franchise and now he's nothing more than a thug to the owner and possibly their more conservative fans in the central part of the country.The Bucks have Pachulia another two years after this season as well as a backup.

http://www.brewhoop.com/2013/12/9/5192762/nba-trade-rumors-bucks-getting-active-on-trade-market-possibly

The C's can step in (perfect opportunity for Danny to benefit by helping two teams in need) and facilitate a trade to help both teams get what they want and need that can help the C's tremendously.

Asik, Bass, Lee & C's 1st Rd Pick 2015 to Bucks < Bucks get the Center they need and cover their loss of Ilyasova with Bass who is more playoff tested. While they are reluctant to deal Giannis for fear of a backlash from fans, Lee provides another capable SG. The owner is tired of losing and rebuilding and wants to be a playoff team now.

Ilyasova, Bucks 2nd Rd Pick 2014 & Faverini to Rockets < Rockets get the Stretch 4 they want and a backup center

Sanders, Ridnour & Antetokounmpo to Celtics < Celtics get a center for the future that can rebound and protect the rim as well as run with our wings for a net cost of $9.5MM/yr. Ridnour is an expiring contract needed to make the numbers work but if we are unable to keep Craw or a good trade opportunity comes along for Craw then we can resign Ridnour as a stop gap next season. The bonus is getting Giannis a 6'9" swingman still growing with plenty of upside. Danny will have to concede a 1st round draft pick (I've penciled in our 2015 but it could take one of our 2014) but it will be worth it to land both Sanders and Giannis. BTW, this deal also saves the C's $4.4MM off the cap this season. 

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kn2tzl3

The other possibility is to swap Wallace & Brooks for Bass & Lee but I think the Bucks would prefer to have Bass to replace Ilyasova.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k2a5oqt

Memo: Please note that I've used Olynyk for Fav on the ESPN Trade Machine since Fav isn't  available for trade yet on the trade machine but the numbers are the same.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Re: Rumors that Rockets talking with Bucks Re Ilyasova/Sanders (C's can facilitate)

Where you gonna get a rim protector for $11MM or less other than the draft. With this move the avg salary for Sanders will be $9.4MM for this season and the next four. We will also have both our 2014 draft picks and might be able to get Embiid with one of those to be ready when Sanders contract is expiring. We'd also still have that $10MM TPE and the expiring contracts of Hump & Bogans. Here's this seasons roster after the blockbuster deal. Giannis would be as good or better than an uncertain lottery pick. And after giving up Bass & Lee and integrating Sanders & Giannis into the mix we'd probably lose ground and miss the playoffs getting us a better pick for our own 1st rounder.

PG> Rondo - Crawford - Pressey

SG> Bradley - Brooks - Crawford

SF> Green - Wallace - Giannis

PF> Sully - Olynyk - Giannis

.C> Sanders - Hump - Oly

Extras: Bogans & Ridnour

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Re: Rumors that Rockets talking with Bucks Re Ilyasova/Sanders (C's can facilitate)

I like Asik better than Saunders (especially with his new deal).

If the rest of the contracts were the same, I would pick Saunders as I think he has more potential upside.

but I see both players at around the same level of player (when healthy).

IF Houston is considering Ilyasova/Saunders for Asik...then Bass and another asset SHOULD be an option as well.

I've said before IF AInge wants to move Rondo......

Rondo and Bass

for

Asik and Lin

is almost a perfact match Salary wise.

I wouldn't do it unless we get an aditional piece myself, but just throwing it out there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

I like Sully, Fav and KO.  Give em 18 months.  I am thinking Rondo, Avery, and Crawford would be  interesting to experiment with.  I now know that Green is Green.  Then there are drafts and trades that make sense somewhere.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

First,I don't want to trade Bass, for 6m he is a value the way he's been playing and is a consumate pro. Secondly,twice in 2 days I agree 100% with 34 on Sanders. Illyaslova is the guy I would want to get. Wallace/Brooks for Illy/ Delfino  would be good for me. It's trading season starting today until almost Valentines day.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rockets like Ilyasova as a Stretch 4 and can swap him for Asik straight up but what will the Bucks do with both Asik and Sanders (who happens to have a poison pill extension - $3MM this yr and $11MM the following four yrs for a net cap expense of $9.4MM/yr) after signing Sanders to an extension last year. Sanders is still out with a hand injury which has really PO'd the Bucks since he was suppose to be the face of the franchise and now he's nothing more than a thug to the owner and possibly their more conservative fans in the central part of the country.The Bucks have Pachulia another two years after this season as well as a backup.

http://www.brewhoop.com/2013/12/9/5192762/nba-trade-rumors-bucks-getting-active-on-trade-market-possibly

This trade proposal is very interesting...count me in for the reasons of getting the Freakin Greek and helping salvaging our tanking season at the same time preparing the Celtics for the future! Trading Bass will make our tanking easier....

The C's can step in (perfect opportunity for Danny to benefit by helping two teams in need) and facilitate a trade to help both teams get what they want and need that can help the C's tremendously.

Asik, Bass, Lee & C's 1st Rd Pick 2015 to Bucks < Bucks get the Center they need and cover their loss of Ilyasova with Bass who is more playoff tested. While they are reluctant to deal Giannis for fear of a backlash from fans, Lee provides another capable SG. The owner is tired of losing and rebuilding and wants to be a playoff team now.

Ilyasova, Bucks 2nd Rd Pick 2014 & Faverini to Rockets < Rockets get the Stretch 4 they want and a backup center

Sanders, Ridnour & Antetokounmpo to Celtics < Celtics get a center for the future that can rebound and protect the rim as well as run with our wings for a net cost of $9.5MM/yr. Ridnour is an expiring contract needed to make the numbers work but if we are unable to keep Craw or a good trade opportunity comes along for Craw then we can resign Ridnour as a stop gap next season. The bonus is getting Giannis a 6'9" swingman still growing with plenty of upside. Danny will have to concede a 1st round draft pick (I've penciled in our 2015 but it could take one of our 2014) but it will be worth it to land both Sanders and Giannis. BTW, this deal also saves the C's $4.4MM off the cap this season. 

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kn2tzl3

The other possibility is to swap Wallace & Brooks for Bass & Lee but I think the Bucks would prefer to have Bass to replace Ilyasova.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k2a5oqt

Memo: Please note that I've used Olynyk for Fav on the ESPN Trade Machine since Fav isn't  available for trade yet on the trade machine but the numbers are the same.

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I like the deal.  Mployee

Sanders still has a lot of upside potential and could fit very well with our current backcourt.  The flexibility, athleticism and matchup problems would create havoc for other teams to defend.  IMO His contract is reasonable for an impact center.  I don't know much about his thumb surgery, character issues and relationship with Bucks mgmt though...

However, it is unlikely that Memphis would give up the Freak.  He is exceeding expectations, bringing in the fans and I believe a key to their future.  I think they would rather give up Defino or Butler (both too old for a rebuild), but I think we could get Middleton instead, another young SF who has proven he can play in the NBA and also has a lot of upside and actually playing ahead of the Freak.     

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sanders still has a lot of upside potential and could fit very well with our current backcourt.  The flexibility, athleticism and matchup problems would create havoc for other teams to defend.  IMO His contract is reasonable for an impact center.  I don't know much about his thumb surgery, character issues and relationship with Bucks mgmt though...

However, it is unlikely that Memphis would give up the Freak.  He is exceeding expectations, bringing in the fans and I believe a key to their future.  I think they would rather give up Defino or Butler (both too old for a rebuild), but I think we could get Middleton instead, another young SF who has proven he can play in the NBA and also has a lot of upside and actually playing ahead of the Freak.     

[/QUOTE]

Memphis? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Memphis? 

[/QUOTE]

brain burp. Milwaukee.  If you really need clarification.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Memphis? 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Got it - I thought there was another trade partner in the mix! Question: does a roster containing RR, Bradley, Green, Sully, and Sanders win banner 18?

I don't think so! I still think DA will go all in for K. Love in 2014 or 2015! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Memphis? 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Got it - I thought there was another trade partner in the mix! Question: does a roster containing RR, Bradley, Green, Sully, and Sanders win banner 18?

[/QUOTE]

Nobody said it would but does the current roster with Parker or Randle win banner 18? No! ... it's one trade with Hump & a TPE still available for additional moves ... Just a start ... But as I said, it reduces our cap this year by $4MM giving Danny room for another or additional move/s by the trade deadline. The key to this trade lies in Houston wanting Ilyasova and the Bucks Asik. Sure we could go after Asik but if Houston can get Ilyasova he makes more sense for them than Bass or even Young. Millsap makes sense too as Horford could be moved to PF with Asik at Center and Millsap would fit nicely with Howard.

But if Houston goes with Ilyasova over Millsap then Danny has an opportunity to work his magic. We can upgrade both our talent and size. Giannis is projected to be a 7 footer and Sanders is 6'11" ... added to Oly @ 7' 0" , Sully 6'9" and Green @ 6' 9" our frontcourt becomes much more imposing and Sanders & Giannis with Green are very athletic. If the return of Rondo is successful then we can resign both AB and Crawford as this deal makes having both of them a possibility with the flexibility Giannis brings being able to play three positions. Rondo-Sanders would be an elite combo and in another year or two Giannis could be that Superstar everyone is looking for. Green could resume his role as the third or fourth option behind Sully, Giannis, and Bradley/Craw. Under Brad Stevens both Rondo and Sanders games could flourish and both could become much better offensive players as well.

This trade doesn't take away our opportunity to get a higher lottery pick in 2014 ... it enhances it. A major shakeup in the lineup like this will be a setback initially and the C's may lose more games as the new guys get indoctrinated into Brad's system and he learns their skills and how to best incorporate them into his schemes. We could still end up getting a top five pick then Crawford and/or Bradley resignings could end up a moot point.

Look at the possibilities to acquire a center over the next couple of years ... there are few available or becoming available. Right now Asik and Hawes are about it and Sanders is just a possibility dependent upon Asik going to the Bucks. I'd rather start the rebuild with a bonafide center under contract than having to take years to fill that hole again.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Memphis? 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nobody said it would but does the current roster with Parker or Randle win banner 18? No! ... it's one trade with Hump & a TPE still available for additional moves ... Just a start ... But as I said, it reduces our cap this year by $4MM giving Danny room for another or additional move/s by the trade deadline. The key to this trade lies in Houston wanting Ilyasova and the Bucks Asik. Sure we could go after Asik but if Houston can get Ilyasova he makes more sense for them than Bass or even Young. Millsap makes sense too as Horford could be moved to PF with Asik at Center and Millsap would fit nicely with Howard.

But if Houston goes with Ilyasova over Millsap then Danny has an opportunity to work his magic. We can upgrade both our talent and size. Giannis is projected to be a 7 footer and Sanders is 6'11" ... added to Oly @ 7' 0" , Sully 6'9" and Green @ 6' 9" our frontcourt becomes much more imposing and Sanders & Giannis with Green are very athletic. If the return of Rondo is successful then we can resign both AB and Crawford as this deal makes having both of them a possibility with the flexibility Giannis brings being able to play three positions. Rondo-Sanders would be an elite combo and in another year or two Giannis could be that Superstar everyone is looking for. Green could resume his role as the third or fourth option behind Sully, Giannis, and Bradley/Craw. Under Brad Stevens both Rondo and Sanders games could flourish and both could become much better offensive players as well.

This trade doesn't take away our opportunity to get a higher lottery pick in 2014 ... it enhances it. A major shakeup in the lineup like this will be a setback initially and the C's may lose more games as the new guys get indoctrinated into Brad's system and he learns their skills and how to best incorporate them into his schemes. We could still end up getting a top five pick then Crawford and/or Bradley resignings could end up a moot point.

Look at the possibilities to acquire a center over the next couple of years ... there are few available or becoming available. Right now Asik and Hawes are about it and Sanders is just a possibility dependent upon Asik going to the Bucks. I'd rather start the rebuild with a bonafide center under contract than having to take years to fill that hole again.

[/QUOTE]

Mployee - I like your posts allot better when they are insult free - thank you! 

Miami just won two titles without a true center. The Cs need as many assets as they can acquire to go after a franchise player, if they are unsucessful at drafting one. Sanders and Asik are not franchise players! 

Question - Asik or Sander this season, or K. Love next season? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Are you out of your mind?

The Celtics will invest 44m for the next 4 years for an undersized Center who has never averaged in double figures in scoring and rebounding his whole career?

Like what melwitt will tell you, PUT THE PIPE DOWN!!!

In case you didn't know, Larry Sanders signed a 4-year deal for 44m.

[/QUOTE]

Yes I will reiterate, PUT THE PIPE DOWN

LMFAO!!!.. Thanks for the shout out Fierce!

[/QUOTE]

Sanders physique and growth pattern is somewhat similar to Robert Parish who got more playing time initially and developed faster than Sanders but Parish didn't hit double figures in both pts & rbds until his 3rd year and Sanders was on the cusp of doing that his 3rd year as well. This was suppose to be his breakout season but his new coach gave more minutes to Pachulia and maybe tried to keep Sanders on the bench in a "tanking" effort that got Sanders so frustrated as has been reported that it culminated in his bar fight and broken thumb. I'm not saying Sanders will become another Chief and it's apparent that Chief was faster to develop and that Sanders is about two years behind Chief's initial development but there size, body type, athleticism and the progression of their stats are quite similar.

Chief     > 1st yr > 18 min/gm > 9 pts > 7 rbds

> 2nd yr > 24 min/gm > 12.5 pts > 8.3 rbds

> 3rd yr > 32 min/gm > 17 pts > 12 rbds

Sanders > 1st yr > 14 min/gm > 4.3 pts > 3 rbds

2nd yr > 12 min/gm > 3.6 pts > 3 rbds

3rd yr >  27 min/gm > 9.8 pts > 9.5 rbds

So Fungus, you would have passed on Parish because it took the Chief three years to attain a double-double in points & rebounds? Are you nutz?!?!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Memphis? 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Miami just won two titles without a true center. The Cs need as many assets as they can acquire to go after a franchise player, if they are unsucessful at drafting one. Sanders and Asik are not franchise players! 

[/QUOTE]

Now you are deserving of an insult ... Love is signed thru 2016. What makes you think that Minny will trade him next year? And they won't do all they can to resign him in 2016?  And if unable to for some reason, how can you be assured that the C's will prevail in a bidding war for him ... after all, according to Fungus, this is Boston and why would any top FA want to come here unless they had to via a S&T?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Memphis? 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Now you are deserving of an insult ... Love is signed thru 2016. What makes you think that Minny will trade him next year? And they won't do all they can to resign him in 2016?  And if unable to for some reason, how can you be assured that the C's will prevail in a bidding war for him ... after all, according to Fungus, this is Boston and why would any top FA want to come here unless they had to via a S&T?

[/QUOTE]

It is no secret that K. Love is frustrated with Wolves mgt. for their inability to put together a team that can go deep in the playoffs! To date, this season os no different - Wolves have a losing record!

If K. Love refuses an extension at the end of next season, telling the Wolves he wants out, they will have no choice but to trade him!

This brings us back to the bigger point, the team with the most assets wins the K. Love sweepstakes!! 

Again question: Sander and pr Asik this season or K. Love at the end of next season? 

No need for insults if we do not agree! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Memphis? 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BCSP.  Your banner 18 roster is not relevant to the trade proposal.  The Celtics team rebuild doesn't stop at Sanders, it is only the beginning, but it does fill one big critical weakness.   Add another couple quality players from the 2014 draft, an impact FA and another player or two from additional trades and we could very well be on on our way to #18.    

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Memphis? 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BCSP.  Your banner 18 roster is not relevant to the trade proposal.  The Celtics team rebuild doesn't stop at Sanders, it is only the beginning, but it does fill one big critical weakness.   Add another couple quality players from the 2014 draft, an impact FA and another player or two from additional trades and we could very well be on on our way to #18.    

[/QUOTE]

Thank You ... And for BCSP yes we disagree. You're banking on pie-in-the-sky and I want a bird-in-the-hand so to speak to start the rebuild.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

[QUOTE]

The Celtics will invest 44m for the next 4 years for an undersized Center who has never averaged in double figures in scoring and rebounding his whole career?

[/QUOTE]

Agree 100% with Fierce

Plus we're supposed to give up Favorani ? 

Insanity ! Put this trade in the bad idea pile......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree 100% with Fierce

Plus we're supposed to give up Favorani ? 

Insanity ! Put this trade in the bad idea pile......

[/QUOTE]

What else would we expect from one of the Fungus lemmings ... did he send you an email looking for your support or do you just regularly sniff his butt as a courtesy?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Another rumor of a three team deal ....

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/rockets/article/Rockets-Asik-trade-situation-coming-into-focus-5065660.php?t=72899466c4f992f472

As much as speculation has centered around Thad Young, if the Rockets are to do a deal with Philadelphia and former Rockets assistant GM Sam Hinkie, it is more likely to be a three-team deal in which the player the Sixers trade goes elsewhere.

The Rockets likely would want draft picks in a deal, and Hinkie is not expected to give those up. If the deal was for Young, the Rockets and Sixers would not have had to wait until Dec. 15. And if the Rockets were to try to get one of the Sixers players who don't fit in Hinkie's long-term plans, it would be more likely for Spencer Hawes, a range shooter who could play next to Dwight Howard or as his backup with Asik gone.

That would also open the door for a Bass trade to Houston with a pick thrown in as long as Hawes agrees to resign with the C's next season.