Rumour Confirmed: Delonte is a Celtic Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Rumour Confirmed: Delonte is a Celtic Again

This just in, confirmed by League sources and in this Herald article.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1278512&position=1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Re: Rumour Confirmed: Delonte is a Celtic Again

I believe we now have 15:
    Rondo
    Ray
    Pierce
    KG
    Shaq (still think he'll start)

Nate
    West
    Daniels
    Davis
    JON

Bradley
    Wafer
    Harangody
    Erdan
    Perk

Our second team could make the playoffs!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

West is better than both Barnes and Brown!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

You know, for what it cost the team, this is a win-win for Both Delonte and the Celtics.  The C's get a valuable bench guy and Delonte gets to play for a winner and a stable coach.  Low risk, Doc likes him, Ainge likes him, and he's a gritty player.  Still don't know who will back up PP (Daniels?) but West can swing between the 1 and 2, play some D, and hit some shots.  The bench just got better.   

And when the C's play Miami at home, can't wait to hear some of the LeBron chants. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Good thing, but sadly we don't have a real Pierce backup! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Great, we signed LeBron's daddy!

Seriously, I'm not a fan of this signing. This guy is a nut case. I hope Wafer beats him out. There is a logjam at #2 with RA, Nate, Wafer and West. Somebody going home!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I just hope he doesn't skrrew Paul Pierces Old Lady.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: Rumour Confirmed: Delonte is a Celtic Again:
    [QUOTE]Great, we signed LeBron's daddy! Seriously, I'm not a fan of this signing. This guy is a nut case. I hope Wafer beats him out. There is a logjam at #2 with RA, Nate, Wafer and West. Somebody going home!
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

My money is on Wafer going home if someone does.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

There is a log jam at the 2 spot and even the back up 1 spot. Robinson, Bradley, Wafer, West. It looks as though Bradley won't get his chance this season. Bradley appears to be D. league bound now.
        I've always like Delonte's game. He was a big piece in the Ray Allen trade. I hated to see him go, but you've got to give up something good to get something good in return.
       Delonte is a 2 position player which is always good to have around. I'm not so concerned about his off the court issues. I have faith he will get his life back in order.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

"We are deep enough at 2/1 now. Delonte was sometimes very good (blocked some giant shots) when he was with the Celtics but his time is gone unless a guaranteed quality 3 trade would appear as part of the deal. Retreads (second visits) usually don't work out."

This was my previous post..guess I was wrong (not unusual).  I wish Delonte all the best and yes he does improve the team but we still need a 6'7 " or 6'8+ athletic, physical 3 that can rest CPP. In the mean time we can enjoy the 2 guard competition. BTW when does camp start?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In response to all the wise crackers who are making bad remarks about Delonte's sexual behavior. Delonte's love life is his business and if he had a relationship with Lebron's mother it's a relationship between two consenting adults. In other words it's their business and not yours. Show some respect for the privacy of others. How would you like it if others wrote nasty remarks about you on the internet or any other public mode of communication?
       It would be nice if some of you wise crackers could stick to basketball rather than attacking others personal lives.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

you can bet your last...peso...the players' wives "tongues...

are wagging away on this one...

it's damn shame that a class act like RAY ALLEN  & his mother...

will have their honest reputations the butt of jokes...

as a direct result of "DelonteWest"......C'MON DANNY!!!!!!!

I hope like hell he does not make the cut........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Prediction: BBD, West, Robinson, Quis get a lot of time, with some of Bradley....and Wafer & Harangody need a good book and comfy pillow.

My guess is Delonte is bothered far less than James.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bobbarcker. Show Bobbarcker's posts

[QUOTE]West is better than both Barnes and Brown!
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

So, you really think Delonte really helps the Celtics or the Lakers more than Barnes would? You have gone batsh!t insane if that is your position.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

Bye Bye Von........West is def better than Wafer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Non-guaranteed ... Nothing to lose! If Delonte doesn't take his lithium and brings is toolbox to work instead of his game, he gets cut if a trade isn't doable. Still plenty of time for another trade to get that elusive SF backup ... after all, we are a little congested at Danny & Doc's favorite position.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I agree we still don't have a solid backup 3. Well at least we have some pieces to trade if need be by the deadline.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]I believe we now have 15: Rondo Ray Pierce KG Shaq (still think he'll start) Nate West Daniels Davis JON Bradley Wafer Harangody Erdan Perk Our second team could make the playoffs!!
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

-

"Our second team could make the playoffs!! "  B&C

That's what I said last year, and those words came back to haunt me during that horrible run we had in the 2nd half of the season.  But it's just as true this season, at least on paper (where it least counts).

Our poll showed that around 60% of us wanted D-West back and that among people who can hardly agree on what the defination of "is" is.

DA is not saying what kind of contract. guaranteed or not, so Mr. West may have to earn his stripes, but that's Ok, good hard competition in camp is good for one and all.

Delonte is a battle hardened, savvy veteran at this point -- brings some toughness and grit at crunch time.

I'm liking the C's with Delonte.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i hope we're classier than to chant "whose your daddy" or even "who's your daddy".

that said, i'm not that excited about this signing. i'd rather we addressed our need at the 3, but maybe there's nothing out there to be had. this team can line up very big or very small, but i would still like a legit backup to PP.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanKnowes. Show SeanKnowes's posts

I like it. The guy hustles, has some talent, can come off the bench and play some D. He has had playoff experience with the Cavs. I don't see Truth, Big Tik, Jesus, Diesel, Big Baby or Doc taking any garbage. These guys are professionals on the court and off. This makes things more interesting, but beating Miami, then the Lakers will be hard. Last year may have been the last, best hope. Sadly to say... But I haven't given up either!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

a good signing at this time of the year.  one year contract at the veteran minimum, he will play defense, his offense is better than it was when he was younger, he is looking for a (and will make good on a) second chance, will know his role and will be very tradable if necessary at the trading deadline.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rumour Confirmed: Delonte is a Celtic Again : I can hear the chant now on opening day with LeQueen in town..........the Boston crowd will be rockin Whose your Daddy?
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

yea dude , and when the celtics go on the "road" with DELONTE...

...." muthaa-frocker"........"muthaa-frocker"...muthaa-frocker"...

SHAME.... ON... THE.... C'S!!!!!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rabbit-angstrom. Show rabbit-angstrom's posts

i love this move; delonte is young; he's not afraid to take the big shot; his turnovers are few; and he plays tough d.  what a great addition to our bench.  with all the depth at guard, perhaps ray can play a little small forward while delonte plays the 2. 

also, i see many are ready to write off wafer.  did you see the clip of him shooting "around the world" the other day?  it was pretty impressive.  even ray allen would be impressed i dare say.  have a look: 

http://www.twitvid.com/E2UXL