Run..run..run..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

Run..run..run..

Doc says he knows what is needed to win, he says the players also know what they need to do. Hopefully their all thinking the same thing, which is RUN!

This team as constituted is built to run, they're not built for half court offense.
    I good half court offense has post players, has length, has size we don't have that. We have jump shooters and penetrator's, which need space to do their work. When not running their unable to find space to do what they do best.

Danny Ainge brought Green and Krstic here with the thought of both players spreading the floor to open up the middle. Doc wants Krstic on the inside as a post player Krstic is NOT A POST PLAYER! He is not Perkins, he is suited for running the floor and out past the free throw line. Krstic is more like LLgauskas then Perk, so use him the right way and he will help.

Green runs the floor better then anyone on the team, but when he is out there they're walking the ball up the floor. Completely taking his game away from him.
    The same can be said about Murphy and Pavlovic if used the right way they will help.

It all comes down to skill sets, and Doc understanding what they are.  Use your players for what they bring to the table not what your "system" requires them to do. So run Doc run! And I don't mean to Miami after the season... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Run..run..run..

The problem is Rondo runs sometimes but other times walks it up and stands there while the 24 clock ticks away. Teams know the C's sets and know what they're trying to do. It's time for Doc to implement some different lineups.

End games with Rondo on the bench and go big
    Play KG at the 3 spot along with Shaq and JON. (since we lost size)
    Stop trying to play BBD and Green together
    Get more shooters on the court with RA so teams can't sag off Rondo and make it tougher for RA.
    Post up PP more

Doc still has a lot of flexibility but he doesn't seem to be adjusting to the talent he has now. He's got more offense so use it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bias,
    Your ideas are all with merit, but the patient is really sick.  I have wanted to see how we get our mojo back and hope to be surprised as I was last year. The Shaq thing has destroyed the team. The team was built on what he provided to the team but it poisoned everything in DA's mind.  

This team went out an added pieces like Murphy and Pavlovich and they provide nothing but a feeling the team is an ad hoc group of veterans just before retirement.

The mixture of the team earlier in the year was better. I welcomed change but now that I see what DA had on his mind the odds of a championship are totally illogical.  I of course will be thrilled to be wrong.  Doc's demeanor at the press conference said it all.  Never seen him so downcast.  Watch it you'll see.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm going to remain in the corner of "the vets know what the playoffs are all about." I think Shaq is going to be ready to play playoff basketball and in a series it will allow our defense to get locked in on an opponent.

This is just not a team built to fly in play a game, fly out, play another team. They are a team built on rest, less travel, vet savvy and repetition.

I will be ready to slam them if they cannot get out of this funk though but I do expect them to come out of it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

In Response to Re: Run..run..run..:
    [QUOTE]Bias, Your ideas are all with merit, but the patient is really sick.  I have wanted to see how we get our mojo back and hope to be surprised as I was last year. The Shaq thing has destroyed the team. The team was built on what he provided to the team but it poisoned everything in DA's mind.   This team went out an added pieces like Murphy and Pavlovich and they provide nothing but a feeling the team is an ad hoc group of veterans just before retirement. The mixture of the team earlier in the year was better. I welcomed change but now that I see what DA had on his mind the odds of a championship are totally illogical.  I of course will be thrilled to be wrong.  Doc's demeanor at the press conference said it all.  Never seen him so downcast.  Watch it you'll see.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

The mixture of what team earlier in the year? Perkins hurt, O'Neal hurt, Daniels hurt, West hurt....this team constituted now has a much better bench.  This has been on the Big Four for awhile. Rondo needs to get his head out of his proverbial rear end and start running the show again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

concord, how many times are you going to go back and forth? either eat that last frig gin' waffle or pass it on. destroyed the team? poisoned everything? such nervous chatter is going to make you feel silly once the pendulum swings back our way, which it will.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Not sure what people are seeing that would imply a shift back to the C's.  THis team looks done, guys.  They're on life-support as it is, and there's certainly no signs that it's going to get better.  People who are posting that this team is just "waiting for the playoffs" haven't watched the past 20 games. 

They gutted out a tough season, facing younger teams who've seen this defense now for three years.  The dam had to break at some point, and this is it.  Ainge saw enough in the future to sacrifice the present.  Perkins was absolutely imperative to this team's success this season.  Guess we now know who the heart and soul of this defense really was.

Murphy and Pavlovich are not NBA caliber players at this point, if they ever were.  For the Celtics to have any shot at the whole thing, they need a miraculous jump-start much better than last year's. The problem is, they don't have the players necessary to give the Bulls or Chicago a real fight.  For Boston to beat either of those teams now requires a complete meltdown of the opponents.

So what would it take for Boston to make it to the finals? Among other things, Kendrick Perkins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Soups,

I see where you would feel like that but an older team like this will benefit from a playoff schedule. First 2 games of the series will be in Boston, neither on a back to back. Then go on the road after a day off for travel, play a game, day off then play another game. Have a day off travel back to Boston.

It will do them well to finish the 1st series on 5 games if possible.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

BP,
    With all due respect it is a roller coaster watching our favorite team.  I see what I see and can't see an identifiable trend thus I am up and down.   The team looks exhausted and watching Ray, Rondo, and BBD struggle right now any observer would be confused wondering what is happening.
    I respond to what I see blind faith is not my thing.  If I am wrong I am thrilled I love the Celtics.   And I may feel silly too.  But what I see is not good at the moment.  What are you seeing that tells you this team is going to play as they did earlier in the year?

The ordeal with Shaq may have very well sunk the team.  Until he comes back and can play you have to consider relying on him was detrimental to this team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

concord, this would be a powerfully lousy point in time for this proud veteran team to lie down on doc / danny. i believe help is on the way in the form of this shaq guy. and even if help is not on the way, i believe that we'll likely see these celtics put forth maximum collective effort. that'll be good enough for me. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I will take either one of those two outcomes and hope they deliver us to to title.

If not it is has been an unexpected and great run with this team since 2008.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

BP
    I will take either one of those two outcomes and hope they deliver us to to title.

If not it is has been an unexpected and great run with this team since 2008.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

I agree with the running but Rondo also is becoming a turnover machine lateley.  He makes too many risky passes when we run.  He just needs to make a decent pass instead of a hot dog pass.  Also , that is correct that our offense is slow and it is predictable. I have the NBA package and get to see other teams offensive plays and they are much faster and smoothly.  Age may be a factor for us cause after the first quarter our offense gets slow, boring and we become a jump shooting team.  I was watching the Thunder Laker game last nite and those Thunder have a great offense.  They are fast, athletic and talented. It was fun to watch even with Perk inthe line up.