SA Spurs slide means...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

Re: SA Spurs slide means...

In Response to Re: SA Spurs slide means...:
    [QUOTE]OK....let me put it this way....I am a Sox fan.....we have been on a roll so to speak lately....but our arch rivals are the Yankees....we won early on...but the Yanks have us by a 4-1 margin in world series wins....that is something that is relevant....because both teams play in the same league (conference)....the Yankees have dominated the Sox over the years.....beaten them to the big show in the NBA, the Lakers and Celtics play in different conferences....so their records cannot affect the outcome of the playoff standings....they can only be judged by head to head competition... so for the record... regular season..............Celtics record prevails... Finals..........................Celtics completely dominate the Lakers.........questions.....?
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

That's funny. They can only be judged by head to head competition? according to whom?

Are the Celtics only counting 9 championships (because it's against the Lakers) and giving up the other 8 not against the Lakers?

How come I keep hearing that the Lakers have won 16 championships?

Of course you want to count head to head in the finals. That's your wishful thinking, but the rest of the world don't count that way.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Spurs slide means... : So 1946-47 to 2009-10 = 55 years? or 2010-1946 = 55? Do you even know subtraction? Minneapolis Lakers were founded in 1947? BBA standings in 1947-48: http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/BAA_1948.html Eastern Division: Philadelphia Warriors 27-21 New York Knickockers 26-22 Boston Celtics 20-28 Providence Steam Rollers 6-42 Western Division: St Louis Bombers 29-19 Baltimore Bullets 28-20 Chicago Stags 28-20 Washington Capitals 28-20 Yes, the Lakers were founded in 1947, but they played in the NBL in 1947-48, not in the BAA/NBA. Nonetheless, they won the NBL championship in 1947-48. Do you want to count that one? Yes? then the Lakers were 17-46 No? then the Lakers were 16-46 Take your pick. And about head to head in the finals, in case you don't know, the goal is to win a league championship. Since when does only beating the Celtics in the final count?
    Posted by MajicMVP[/QUOTE]

hedley is a absolute genius when it comes to mathematics. It's his basketball IQ that is severely lacking.

You're welcome hedley! Laughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Spurs slide means... : So 1946-47 to 2009-10 = 55 years? or 2010-1946 = 55? Do you even know subtraction? Minneapolis Lakers were founded in 1947? BBA standings in 1947-48: http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/BAA_1948.html Eastern Division: Philadelphia Warriors 27-21 New York Knickockers 26-22 Boston Celtics 20-28 Providence Steam Rollers 6-42 Western Division: St Louis Bombers 29-19 Baltimore Bullets 28-20 Chicago Stags 28-20 Washington Capitals 28-20 Yes, the Lakers were founded in 1947, but they played in the NBL in 1947-48, not in the BAA/NBA. Nonetheless, they won the NBL championship in 1947-48. Do you want to count that one? Yes? then the Lakers were 17-46 No? then the Lakers were 16-46 Take your pick. And about head to head in the finals, in case you don't know, the goal is to win a league championship. Since when does only beating the Celtics in the final count?

Attention BDC - this is GlasgowRangers who has been banned for stalking and rude comments......please look into his IP address

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Spurs slide means... : hedley is a absolute genius when it comes to mathematics. It's his basketball IQ that is severely lacking. You're welcome hedley!
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

Attention BDC - this is kobeismrnba, who has been banned multiple times for stalking and rude comments to other posters.  Please check his IP address.  Thank you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Spurs slide means... : Attention BDC - this is kobeismrnba, who has been banned multiple times for stalking and rude comments to other posters.  Please check his IP address.  Thank you.
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    Sorry, but I couldn't pass this up.

Couldn't the EXACT same thing be said of you?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Spurs slide means... : Sorry, but I couldn't pass this up. Couldn't the EXACT same thing be said of you?
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

And YOU, hypocrite and stalker.

AND - this is a Celtics forum - I'm not the one causing trouble. Please stop responding to me - I thought we agreed to leave each other alone!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Spurs slide means... : And YOU, hypocrite and stalker. AND - this is a Celtics forum - I'm not the one causing trouble. Please stop responding to me - I thought we agreed to leave each other alone!
    Maybe, maybe not... but I was not the one slinging those accusations around.

When did I agree to anything with anyone? You must be confusing me with someone else.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Of course you didn't - and you have never "slung anything around"  - and you don't come on here just to stir up trouble - and you've never been banned - and you always stick to the topic of basketball.

I'm done with you Flobus - I can tolerate some good natured kidding, but I cannot tolerate a liar!

DONE
    OVER
    OUT!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]Of course you didn't - and you have never "slung anything around"  - and you don't come on here just to stir up trouble - and you've never been banned - and you always stick to the topic of basketball. I'm done with you Flobus - I can tolerate some good natured kidding, but I cannot tolerate a liar! DONE OVER OUT!!
    You accused two others of being "banned multiple times for stalking and rude comments to other posters." I pointed out that you are guilty of the exact same thing. That is all. What you perceived to be a lie from me, I have no idea.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from justlikeitis. Show justlikeitis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Spurs slide means... : The Minny titles are Dr Buss's.. he owns the Lakers and th history that comes with it. Gasol was a legit trade, Memphis has since gotten better. Unlike the TWolves that McFale wrecked to further his former team. Disgraceful! 2008- boston got lucky with the Bynum/Ariza injuries. Only 2 of our 5 starters!! We now have the back to back titles beating boston and when we 3-peat this year, boston will learn what the rest of the world knows....the Lakers would have 4 in a row if not for injury's!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from justlikeitis. Show justlikeitis's posts

Just like the St. Louis Hawks "got lucky" in 1958 when Bill Russell got injured. If not for that the Celtics would have won TEN STRAIGHT championships not just EIGHT STRAIGHT!
    1958 NBA finals-Boston showed gritty determination with a win in Game 4 without Russell who had injured his ankle in the Celtics’ Game 3 defeat.Bill Russell soared high to block a shot by Bob Pettit, landed heavily on his right ankle and collapsed in a heap on the floor with a severe sprain. He was through for almost the rest of the playoffs and, as a result, so were the Celtics.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

I constantly read on the Celtic board that there was a conspiracy, that the league (Stern), West and the Lakers robbed the Grizzlies. But today even Popovich concedes that the trade benefitted both franchises.

Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph are its consequence. The Grizz franchise was losing money and the new owners wanted to rebuild, and rebuild they did. The Lakers traded Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittenden, Aaron McKey, & 2 first round draft picks. It stopped a sinking franchise. With Rudy Gay, Mike Conley, Tony Allen, Shane Battier, and O.J. Mayo added to the mix, the Grizzlies have a formidable team that recently beat Boston.

Seattle did the same thing when they got rid of their best player in Ray Allen and Minny (McHale) traded Kevin Garnett to make Boston relevant again.

I don't like the system that currently exists where successful franchises are able to swoop down and take quality players from a financially strapped franchise. The Clippers have been everybody's step-child for easy pickings. And I suspect that Griffin will be the next Clipper to sail off once his contract ends. This season it was Utah Jazz who gutted their team with 3 players going to Chicago. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Nobody gutted their team and got big star for nothing. Who are you kidding the Celtics gave half the team and first round draft choices for Garnett.  The Lakers gave nothing for Gasol.  I feel sorry for you because you half believe your nonsense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Concord, thanks for your compassion. I'll take it to the bank.  :)

Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph are nothing in your book. 2 first pics are nothing in your delusional book. Yeah, thanks for your compassion but franchises function on dough and lots of it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Concord, thanks for your compassion. I'll take it to the bank.  :) Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph are nothing in your book. 2 first pics are nothing in your delusional book. Yeah, thanks for your compassion but franchises function on dough and lots of it.
    Posted by rsalas67m[/QUOTE]

Marc Gasol was a throw-in with ZERO NBA experience, and Zach Randolph was not part of that trade.  MY question is, how many of the players LA traded are still in the league?

KG was a FIVE for one, with two picks - concord is right - you are delusional!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

Pa Pow!!!! Here come our boys!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Spurs slide means... : And YOU, hypocrite and stalker. AND - this is a Celtics forum - I'm not the one causing trouble. Please stop responding to me - I thought we agreed to leave each other alone!

This is an OPEN forum. You troll by putting up all kinds of lies on a public forum.

2010-1946=55? What kind of math is that?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Poor hedley...still in fantasy land.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Spurs slide means... : Well, you lied about 2010-1946 = 55 and accused me of stalking? I guess you can't make an argument without lying... Listen BDC: This HedleyLamar is a serious troller by spouting numerous lies on this forum. Why is he still here causing trouble?
    That is not a lie.  It's a mistake.  A LIE is saying Gasol was NOT gifr-wrapped to the lakers!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Spurs slide means... : Marc Gasol was a throw-in with ZERO NBA experience, and Zach Randolph was not part of that trade.  MY question is, how many of the players LA traded are still in the league? KG was a FIVE for one, with two picks - concord is right - you are delusional!

I'm puzzled as to why you're still throwing a hissy-fit for a trade that happened three freakin years ago.  If you're still pissed, send a threatening letter to the Grizzlies management; don't take it out on the Lakers and their fans.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Spurs slide means... : Attention BDC - this is kobeismrnba, who has been banned multiple times for stalking and rude comments to other posters.  Please check his IP address.  Thank you.

Hey Einstein, you do realize that IP addresses from your ISP are not permanent, right?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tonyxx. Show tonyxx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Spurs slide means... : Yes, but when you sign up you agree to not take cheap shots at people.  Clearly, since this is your third user name since Christmas, you are not following the rules.  I never accused "Majic" of stalking, btw, which just proves you are Glass Cow, soccer Mom!

Your loss, thanks for playing!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBaby11. Show BigBaby11's posts

The Lakers are up, way up, so there's no other way but to go down, crashing down!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Spurs slide means... : Yes, but when you sign up you agree to not take cheap shots at people.  Clearly, since this is your third user name since Christmas, you are not following the rules.  I never accused "Majic" of stalking, btw, which just proves you are Glass Cow, soccer Mom!
    More stalking from you. Why do you have this habit of stalking me? Is that in the rule of agreement when you signed up the account that you are entitled to stalk?

You have been reported.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Spurs slide means... : This is an OPEN forum. You troll by putting up all kinds of lies on a public forum. 2010-1946=55? What kind of math is that?
    "I thought we agreed to leave each other alone"

This is apparently hedley's go-to line when he gets backed into a corner. I've heard it more than once, and I've never agreed with him on anything.