sad to say it, but it's time to blow it up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

sad to say it, but it's time to blow it up

there's 2 players i'd want to keep and try to rebuild around: rondo and green. and even rondo is moveable if the compensation is right. everyone else is available for the taking.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: sad to say it, but it's time to blow it up

It's time for a younger shooting guard to start with Ray coming off the bench.  Ray cannot keep up with the younger guards anymore.  KG ticket has been punched and he would be good coming off the bench.  This is like watching Celtics versus Indiana back in 92...young legs versus older legs!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

They want to all win but at some point old legs can only travel so far.

KG-Ray-Pierce all get my hats off. They played with such an effort tonight that I wouldn't have expected since they logged heavy minutes.

It showed how bad we really needed Rondo. Rondo got beat up and couldn't really handle the ball making Pierce bring the ball up.

Rondo is the only guy I want to build around. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Tonight should answer any questions about whether there will be big changes this offseason. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: sad to say it, but it's time to blow it up:
    [QUOTE]They want to all win but at some point old legs can only travel so far. KG-Ray-Pierce all get my hats off. They played with such an effort tonight that I wouldn't have expected since they logged heavy minutes. It showed how bad we really needed Rondo. Rondo got beat up and couldn't really handle the ball making Pierce bring the ball up. Rondo is the only guy I want to build around. 
    Posted by Pancakespwn[/QUOTE]

At this point no one is untouchable.  The big three are best suited to play less minutes, but how do you get any young talent around here without considering all trades for players and/or cap space? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Agee....for me it's Rondo and Green starting....Pierce too.....KG and Ray as quality bench guys....but where do we get quality talent and youth....?   ...like the Lakers, we are in rebuilding mode.....and, unfortunatly....free agents prefer Florida and Southern California over Boston's winters.....that's just the way it is....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

green is a great player. he should be a starter next year. rondo and green and 3 open spots in the starting 5 as far as i'm concerned. doc should go too. i appreciate what he did, but his inability to play young players and to cling to the old guys as they melt away played a role tonight as well. guys like green and wafer could have contributed in this series, but doc only sticks with what he knows. blow it up and rebuild. gonna be a while again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Could everyone wait until the season is over before we BLOW it up?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

[QUOTE]Could everyone wait until the season is over before we BLOW it up?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

um, it's over. if i'm wrong, i will happily eat my words. but it's over.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]It's time for a younger shooting guard to start with Ray coming off the bench.  Ray cannot keep up with the younger guards anymore.  KG ticket has been punched and he would be good coming off the bench.  This is like watching Celtics versus Indiana back in 92...young legs versus older legs!!!!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

i started saying this in '09.  something had to be done to mix things up for this team.  instead we just ran ray allen into the dirt like a dodge omni.

oh well, maybe the next coach will have some b@lls to do the right thing.  they could have gotten away with it theoretically if they started doing it this year, but with porcelain delonte it would not have worked.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Doc will leave, KG (and Shaq) will retire.
    Pierce will certainly remain.
    Danny's got some retooling to do this summer.
    It have been 4 great years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

if i was danny, i would try to buy KG out.  guilt the crap out of him based on laying this egg for us if nothing else.  kg is no sooner worth 8 million than 25 million or whatever his number is next year

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

One hit wonders. Enjoy your one championship.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]Could everyone wait until the season is over before we BLOW it up?

You don't have to read or reply to posts you know. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: sad to say it, but it's time to blow it up : You don't have to read or reply to posts you know. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

You don't either Quitter.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Restructure the Big 3's contracts so that they are all bench players and we can bring in Dwight Howard or Chris Paul.  Have Rondo have surgery, rehab, and then spend every waking minute working on his shot.  I love the guy as much as anybody, but we need more offense out of him, and not just taking it to the hole.  Sign Green too.  Loved what I saw from him and think he would make a great starter here.  It's about time Rondo had a fast attack player to work with full time too. 

That first part about the Big 3 keeping the bench warm is just a dream mind you.  I don't think any of them are of the mindset yet sadly.  Ainge has some tough choices to make, but whatever he does he needs to have enough promise here now to lure other big names with. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wvuceltic. Show wvuceltic's posts

I don't think Kevin Garnett laid an egg. He had no legs under him, played to many minutes Saturday night. Never has been the same since that knee injury. I don't know to many 35 year old power forwards in the league who can play top notch every other day.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I would take any combination of draft picks and young talent I could get for Ray and KG, assuming they want to go somewhere and take one last crack at the title.  No one is untouchable on this roster, but I would think long and hard about what to do with Rondo and Green. 

I know this series isn't over and this talk may seem premature, but to me this team stopped being a legit title threat when they traded Perk.  I know they got what they could for him before he hit FA, but I really believe that trade took the wind out of this team's sails. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: sad to say it, but it's time to blow it up : You don't either Quitter.

Oh ok, didn't know you were appointed thread monitor.  Nice reply, what is this 5th grade? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: sad to say it, but it's time to blow it up : At this point no one is untouchable.  The big three are best suited to play less minutes, but how do you get any young talent around here without considering all trades for players and/or cap space? 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

KG, Pierce, and Ray take up the bulk of the cash. 

Rondo is playing with an incredibly fair deal for both sides and we have seen that Rondo will continue to work to improve on his jumper. We will make moves thats for sure but if we move Rondo I will be shocked. He has done nothing but shown toughness and heart. He

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from overratted. Show overratted's posts

Danny tore this team apart. Greene is leaving at the end of this year. They have nothing to rebuild with. It is going to be a long 5 years my friends.  Pierce is overrrated.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

dwight howard ain't coming here. he's going to LA. next.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: sad to say it, but it's time to blow it up : KG, Pierce, and Ray take up the bulk of the cash.  Rondo is playing with an incredibly fair deal for both sides and we have seen that Rondo will continue to work to improve on his jumper. We will make moves thats for sure but if we move Rondo I will be shocked. He has done nothing but shown toughness and heart. He
    Posted by Pancakespwn[/QUOTE]

Agreed about Rondo, was just thinking that if a better/comparable player was available (Deron William, Chris Paul -- both not locks to stay where they are) that he could possibly be part of a larger overall trade.  Not saying I would necessarily do it, but you never know.  And you're right, Rondo's deal is a steal right now.