Salary Cap Situation Update

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Green-Islander. Show Green-Islander's posts

Re: Salary Cap Situation Update

even if we had capspace to get him, boston is not one of the teams d12 would want to play for. especially now that doc is gone and the team is on rebuild mode.

he wants the best chance to get a ring. it's not like boston is one of the top contenders next season.

didnt he reject DA's attempt to talk to him or something?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Mployee8's comment:

Exactly ... Fungus doesn't know how to think outside of the box. He only knows what he reads. Once a sportswriter says something's doable then he'll endorse it with an explanation of why he missed it.

If you're Houston (who already has cap space to sign Howard based on S&T) and are looking to reduce your cap space in two years to avoid any tax, then swapping Humphries' expiring contract for Asik's is a godsend. The C's will send out $12MM and get back the avg salary of Asik which is $10MM saving $2MM in cap space and getting a legitimate center now. Houston can take back 125% of what they send out so the deal works for them. (Trade Machine verified using Houston/Brooklyn for the doubting Thomas Fungus34)

I suggested a similar deal could be done with Pekovic by offering him a poison pill contract that Minny wouldn't match and in turn would probably be willing to do a S&T to reduce cap or get a player/pick back rather than nothing.

This is the time for Danny to use his flexibility to get a top center for the next 5 yrs ... Not wait for a lottery pick to develop or hope another FA Center can be had in 2-3 yrs.

THE TIME IS NOW!!!

Wrong again, Mployee!

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7360566/nba-trade-exceptions-expiring

"Trade exceptions can't be combined with anything -- even other trade exceptions."

4 straight times you tried to think outside the box and 4 straight times you ended up wrong and looking like the board idiot that you are.

First Off. I didn't say anything about combing a TPE with another player, exception or pick. I was agreeing with BoSox that there are other ways to accomplish the goal ... it's not undoable as you keep insisting, Mr Debbie Downer.

I'm not wrong about Humpries for Asik which was MY PROPOSAL ... apparently you can't find a problem with that so decided to attack the philosophy and my agreement with BoSox that there is more than one way to skin a cat. CHICKEN!!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

First Off. I didn't say anything about combing a TPE with another player, exception or pick. I was agreeing with BoSox that there are other ways to accomplish the goal ... it's not undoable as you keep insisted, Mr Debbie Downer.

I'm not wrong about Humpries for Asik which was MY PROPOSAL ... apparently you can't find a problem with that so decided to attack the philosophy and my agreement with BoSox that there is more than one way to skin a cat.

I challenge you.

if the Celts end up trading Humphries for Asik, I make a thread about how wrong I was thinking the Celts couldn't trade Humphries for Asik.

But if the Celts don't get Asik for Humphries by opening night, you make a thread about how stupid you are for thinking the Celts could get Asik for Humphries.

Deal?

[/QUOTE]

You're an idiot and who would bet with a welcher just so you can pound your chest on the 1 in 100 chance that Danny doesn't do exactly as I propose. That's ludicrous ... Just cause it's doable doesn't mean he does it like a million other suggestions made on this board.

I'm done conversing with you Fungus34 ... You're a joke and a LOSER ... Rame is right ... You're best kept on IGNORE!!!

8. This post has been removed.