San Antonio is 19-3

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: San Antonio is 19-3

Someone spiked their Kool-Aid.

I'll be amazed if they can maintain their pace. Certainly the team playing the best basketball in the league now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

For me, the Spurs have been the biggest surprise so far this season.  Injuries don't seem to be as much of a problem for them now as in the last few years. They have an eight game stretch in late December - early January where they play the Lakers, Dallas, Oklahoma, the Knicks, and the Celtics.  How they do then should put things more into focus.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

At times I wonder if this is a CELTICS forum with all the talk about other teams around here.Undecided

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I told you the Spurs were good.  As good as the Spurs have been the Mav's may be better.  This isn't your regular Mav's team.  This one has bought into defense with Chandler being the guy. The Spurs have always hung their hat on defense.   These are definitely two of the top 5 teams in the league right now and it won't surprise me if it continues.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

Spurs GM, whoever he is, has reloaded them on the fly a la Belichick and the Pats.  They had this Splitter guy tucked away for a few years, brought in Gary Neal from Europe and drafted great picks with DeJaun Blair and George Hill over the last couple of years.  They are a well built and balanced team with a ton of heart and role players that fit very nicely.  I admire their work, they looked done a couple years ago.  Celts fans appreciate them.  Not flashy, they just win. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    I think Spurs will follow Celtics steps of last season. So, LA, watch out in playoffs.

AK

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to Re: San Antonio is 19-3:
    [QUOTE]Someone spiked their Kool-Aid. I'll be amazed if they can maintain their pace. Certainly the team playing the best basketball in the league now.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but I also want to see how they play against Miami, Orlando and Boston. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]At times I wonder if this is a CELTICS forum with all the talk about other teams around here.
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

In total agreement. If it's not the Lakers, then it's the Heat, then the Spurs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: San Antonio is 19-3 : Agreed, but I also want to see how they play against Miami, Orlando and Boston. 
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  Although, they are playing amazing basketball so far this season. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

What's wrong with seriously discussing other teams? After all, the celtics do not play in a vacuum....
    Annoying trolls are a different story of course, we all know who they are.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Back in 2008 it was supposed to be Spurs vs. Celtics in the Finals. Maybe it was rescheduled for 2011.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Back in 2008 it was supposed to be Spurs vs. Celtics in the Finals. Maybe it was rescheduled for 2011.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

You may be right.  If they continue playing this way all season, they will be very difficult to beat.  Although, it is still early in the season and the standings could change considerably depending on injuries or a losing streak.  As of today, I would definitely consider the Spurs and the Celtics the best teams in their conferences. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

I mean no disrespect at all by this, but does San Antonio have what it takes to continue to play like this?  They've played, and beaten, some really tough teams.  They're also giving up a lot more points per game than the top three teams.  SA is allowing 97.3 points per game, while Boston is allowing only 91.

That difference is a lot bigger than just the numbers.  Come east and those numbers mean losses, not wins.

I love watching SA play team ball, but I don't believe they can endure at this pace. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: San Antonio is 19-3 : In total agreement. If it's not the Lakers, then it's the Heat, then the Spurs.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

I think that is because we like talking about basketball.  Crazy I know.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3a28093379-8bab-4192-bbf4-5d066441fdcc&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion:28093379-8bab-4192-bbf4-5d066441fdccPost:44f26141-770e-48e5-a21e-a8dace9eaf7f">Re: San Antonio is 19-3:
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

I mean no disrespect at all by this, but does San Antonio have what it takes to continue to play like this?   Can we ask this about the C's?

They're also giving up a lot more points per game than the top three teams.  SA is allowing 97.3 points per game, while Boston is allowing only 91.
    They are also scoring about the same amount more pts.

That difference is a lot bigger than just the numbers.  Come east and those numbers mean losses, not wins.
    I am sure when they come east their defensive pts will come down as well.

SA has had a couple of down years mainly because of injury but the core guys I believe have 4 championships.  I wouldn't question them all that much.  I would also say Dallas may be just as good.

We really haven't played some of the so called top teams yet so we will see when we play them. 

Go C's 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

I think a Celtic-San Antonio finals would be great. It might even end the endless focus on players that play for stats and personal glory over team play and victory.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

hopefully they can at least give LA some trouble in the playoffs, and dallas - we'll see how the rounds end up out west - good to see some other teams look strong this year

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]hopefully they can at least give LA some trouble in the playoffs, and dallas - we'll see how the rounds end up out west - good to see some other teams look strong this year
    Posted by jeezem[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding! The Lost Angeles Fakers couldn't even beat the Spanish champs FC Barcelona. What makes you think this year's Fakers are better than last year's?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: San Antonio is 19-3 : Are you kidding! The Lost Angeles Fakers couldn't even beat the Spanish champs FC Barcelona. What makes you think this year's Fakers are better than last year's?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

they're the champs until someone beats them.  who in their right mind though the Celtics would end up in a game 7 of the finals last year?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: San Antonio is 19-3 : they're the champs until someone beats them.  who in their right mind though the Celtics would end up in a game 7 of the finals last year?
    Posted by jeezem[/QUOTE]

They already got beat 7 times this season and it's still DECEMBER!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: San Antonio is 19-3 : they're the champs until someone beats them.  who in their right mind though the Celtics would end up in a game 7 of the finals last year?
    Posted by jeezem[/QUOTE]

Actually I did.  I felt confident that we would win every series.  The only one I was concerned about was the Fakers.  For one I knew that they would get the majority of the calls.  It happened.  This year I have a lot more concern with other teams than I do the Fakers.  The east will be ours.  The heat don't have enough size or depth for us. We will neutralize the Magic.  The teams that worry me on the Mavs and the Spurs.  The both are very capable of winning the whole thing.