Scariest Front Line in the League

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

Scariest Front Line in the League

As the die hard, bleeding green Celtic fan that I am, I hate to say this. But Bynum and Gasol are without a doubt the best frontline in the the NBA. Heck, Bynum alone is better than all of our frontline players put together. It is really no wonder that the Lakers swept us this year. As the true Celtic fan that I am, I can only wish injury upon him so that my Celtics could stand a fighting chance against the Lakers if we were to meet in the Finals. As all of you know, our 2008 championship was only won due to Bynum not playing.

Go Green!

Go CELTICS!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Scariest Front Line in the League

Sure it was - he would have scored 39 points in Game 6 all by himself

You clown!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Scariest Front Line in the League:
    [QUOTE]As the die hard, bleeding green Celtic fan that I am, I hate to say this. But Bynum and Gasol are without a doubt the best frontline in the the NBA. Heck, Bynum alone is better than all of our frontline players put together. It is really no wonder that the Lakers swept us this year. As the true Celtic fan that I am, I can only wish injury upon him so that my Celtics could stand a fighting chance against the Lakers if we were to meet in the Finals. As all of you know, our 2008 championship was only won due to Bynum not playing. Go Green! Go CELTICS!!
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle[/QUOTE]DONT BELIEVE the hype. san antonio has the BEST frontline in the nba and will disrupt the lakes. lakes may have the better STARTING frontline but so what? spurs go 4-deep with speed, size and skill on both offense and defense. gasol still disappears too much. he's the deion branch of the nba )inside joke if u follow cris carter). lakes can beat okc this year but will get its lunch handed to it if they beat the spurs. if memphis can beat the spurs, then lakes will skate thru. all about matchups!

i see lakes and celts in the finals III of the big 3 era!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]As the die hard, bleeding green Celtic fan that I am, I hate to say this. But Bynum and Gasol are without a doubt the best frontline in the the NBA. Heck, Bynum alone is better than all of our frontline players put together. It is really no wonder that the Lakers swept us this year. As the true Celtic fan that I am, I can only wish injury upon him so that my Celtics could stand a fighting chance against the Lakers if we were to meet in the Finals. As all of you know, our 2008 championship was only won due to Bynum not playing. Go Green! Go CELTICS!!
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle[/QUOTE]

You need to do more homework.  Gasol would not be traded to the Lakers if Bynum was not out of the season during that year.  That was why Gasol came to the Lakers.  So therefore, if Bynum was healthy that year, the Lakers would only have Bynum in the frontcourt!!

Celtics lost to the Lakers in 2009 due they didnt have Perkins!! 

We can make all kind of excuses on why why why this team should have won or should have lost!!

Let it go!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

You're talking to this guy like he's a real Celts fan, Snoopsizzle is owned and operated by a Laker troll. #sockpuppet

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I agree that's the best frontline in the NBA.  Just goes to show how horrible the rest of the Lakers are for them to just be playing 600 ball.

That team has no chemistry at all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In Response to Re: Scariest Front Line in the League:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Scariest Front Line in the League : I agree that's the best frontline in the NBA.  Just goes to show how horrible the rest of the Lakers are for them to just be playing 600 ball. That team has no chemistry at all.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]
    Agree but it's getting better. Let's see how it works when Kobe comes back on Friday IF he does come back Friday.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Scariest Front Line in the League : I agree that's the best frontline in the NBA.  Just goes to show how horrible the rest of the Lakers are for them to just be playing 600 ball. That team has no chemistry at all.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Very classy my friend, very classy. Even though we both hate the Lakers, we do agree that they are elite and will u ndoub tedly challenge for another title. I wish i could say the same for our Celtics.  Sigh...

Go Green!

GO Celtics!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

But when the Bynum and Gasol stopper returns, their efficiency goes away.  Hurry back Kome.   I think the reason he hasn't been playing is he thinks if he throws up a couple more of those 4-25 games that Durant would pass him in the scoring race. Kome wants that bad.  He would sit the rest of the season if it guaranteed he win that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

snoop, you sir need to get some friends......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Individually, they are not as good as Howard but I agree they are the best big man duo in the game and almost every night each score double doubles(points & rebounds). Gasol is not soft but he's not a banger like Bynum but he's one of the best big men with a soft touch 5-15 ft from the basket and reminds me of our own Kevin McHale.  Bynum can just muscle the ball in or get fouled. The rest of the Laker team, mediocre as they may be except for Kobe, get extra chances because of the rebound advantage. They can shoot 40-45 % but with 10-15 extra chances a blind chipmunk finds an acorn occasionally. We, on the other hand need shoot almost 50% & better to win as we usually are at least 10 rebounds behind.

Case in point, game 7 two years ago we lost although we shot 40% and they only 32% and Kobe 6/24 or a pathetic 25%.  Had we Perkins for Game 7 we'd have won even despite the egregious difference of the refs' gift of 41 to 17 foul shots or a chance for 24 more points. As it turned out we made 15/17 or 88% and they only 25/41 or a lousy 61% so only got 10 more points in foul shots and only beat us by 4 pts. but in addition to the extra foul shots, it was the 53 to 40 rebound difference and 13 extra 2nd chances !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Pecovik, Derrick Williams (rookie), Love, Beasley....

Hibbert, Granger, D West....

Noah, Boozer, Deng....

Durant, Ibaka, Perk....

Gasol, Gay, Randolph....

but who watches the games anyway...... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Scariest Front Line in the League : Pecovik, Derrick Williams (rookie), Love, Beasley.... Hibbert, Granger, D West.... Noah, Boozer, Deng.... Durant, Ibaka, Perk.... Gasol, Gay, Randolph.... but who watches the games anyway...... 
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Apparently you dont if you think any of those frontlines match up to the Lakers.

Just sayin'

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

It's all match ups in the playoffs.  lakers match up well with DAL and the Clips, not with SA or MEM..........oh and then there's OKC!!!  Metta World Thug would have to hold Durant under 30!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]It's all match ups in the playoffs.  lakers match up well with DAL and the Clips, not with SA or MEM..........oh and then there's OKC!!!  Metta World Thug would have to hold Durant under 30!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Metta has it all going on right now.

His monthly scoring averages have gone from 3.6 to 5.0 to 8.3 to 14.3 ppg over the last 4 months.

As it turns out, I am glad LA didn't get Beasley and Dwight Howard at the trade deadline. Thanks Jimmy!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]It's all match ups in the playoffs.  lakers match up well with DAL and the Clips, not with SA or MEM..........oh and then there's OKC!!!  Metta World Thug would have to hold Durant under 30!

If I am not mistaken, the Lakers won the season series over Memphis and are tied with the Spurs at 1 -1. The spurs won Tuesday due to an 18-0 run in the second quarter. The rest of the game was fairly even. You are dismissed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scariest Front Line in the League : Metta has it all going on right now. His monthly scoring averages have gone from 3.6 to 5.0 to 8.3 to 14.3 ppg over the last 4 months. As it turns out, I am glad LA didn't get Beasley and Dwight Howard at the trade deadline. Thanks Jimmy!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

I'm so glad his offense has improved.  I'm quite sure his offense is what I meant when I said he needed to hold Durant under 30!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scariest Front Line in the League : I'm so glad his offense has improved.  I'm quite sure his offense is what I meant when I said he needed to hold Durant under 30!

His offense is just a bonus compared to his great defense.
    He gets into Durants head like he does with Pierce.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scariest Front Line in the League : If I am not mistaken, the Lakers won the season series over Memphis and are tied with the Spurs at 1 -1. The spurs won Tuesday due to an 18-0 run in the second quarter. The rest of the game was fairly even. You are dismissed.

congrats.  This may be the dumbest post ever written.  WOW..  so, let's see the first time the two teams played - the DOMINANT performance by the lakers, the one where Bynum DESTROYED the Spurs - the lakers outscored the Spurs 27-16 in the third quarter..............otherwise, it was a 3 point game!!

LOL at my own post!!  You are dismissed!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scariest Front Line in the League : His offense is just a bonus compared to his great defense. He gets into Durants head like he does with Pierce.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

Yes, of course, you are correct - why bother arguing with you.  On Feb 23, Peace did such a great job getting in Durant's head, he "held " him to 33 points in a 15 point loss.

I think I'll stop now, your unbiased way of looking at things is just too much for me!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]Individually, they are not as good as Howard but I agree they are the best big man duo in the game and almost every night each score double doubles(points & rebounds). Gasol is not soft but he's not a banger like Bynum but he's one of the best big men with a soft touch 5-15 ft from the basket and reminds me of our own Kevin McHale.  Bynum can just muscle the ball in or get fouled. The rest of the Laker team, mediocre as they may be except for Kobe, get extra chances because of the rebound advantage. They can shoot 40-45 % but with 10-15 extra chances a blind chipmunk finds an acorn occasionally. We, on the other hand need shoot almost 50% & better to win as we usually are at least 10 rebounds behind. Case in point, game 7 two years ago we lost although we shot 40% and they only 32% and Kobe 6/24 or a pathetic 25%.  Had we Perkins for Game 7 we'd have won even despite the egregious difference of the refs' gift of 41 to 17 foul shots or a chance for 24 more points. As it turned out we made 15/17 or 88% and they only 25/41 or a lousy 61% so only got 10 more points in foul shots and only beat us by 4 pts. but in addition to the extra foul shots, it was the 53 to 40 rebound difference and 13 extra 2nd chances !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]
    How many fouls did we committ due to no securing the rebound and fouling on their 2nd or 3rd attempt at the basket?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

Sadly Memphis has the scariest front line in the league. Oh I hope we don't run into them. They have the great Kobe Stopper in Tony Allen and when Kobe is stopped he becomes the Bynum and Gasol stopper. I fear another sweep is immanent. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

are the lakers going to face the griz in the first round?  If so they're toast.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[QUOTE]You're talking to this guy like he's a real Celts fan, Snoopsizzle is owned and operated by a Laker troll. #sockpuppet
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Anyone who uses Antoine Walker as an avatar can't be much of Celtics supporter. What some, not all, write under the guise of "reality" is nothing more than troll trying to set off everyone else.  The Celtics have shown their resilience and have come on since the all-star break using strong, stingy defense and a potent running game.  Because they've had a few lapses doesn't mean anything.  If anyone expects a loss-free season, they should just admit they have no idea about what it takes to win a championship.  All the bashers of Pierce, Rondo, Allen, Garnett , and the rest of the team (feel free to bash away at Dooling, I admit that I do that) have the taste of crow in their mouths, and that's only going to get stronger as they eat more of it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]are the lakers going to face the griz in the first round?  If so they're toast.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

Most likely the Lakers will face Dallas or Denver.