Scouting Report on Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Re: Scouting Report on Rondo

In Response to Re: Scouting Report on Rondo:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scouting Report on Rondo : Rondo is 6 years in, he hasn't changed a bit in regard to his shooting, from the field or at the line. Rondo has made no progress, doesn't show any signs he is going to make progress, so what makes anyone think this is going to change? The far and away most likely scenario is this hole is his game is going to continue being a part of his game.  The question is, can you build an NBA championship team around a guy with these deficienies? Keep in mind, aquiring big three type of talent and skill is not an everyday occurence. All the stars aligned to get it done this time. The next time, Rondo has to be one of the premier talents.  I fail to see where you proved anyone wrong. Rondo is not Kidd, and this problem still persists. The college scouting report, if anything, it was kind of enlightening, and completely contradictory to the notion he will ever change. If I had the chance to aquire a legit big man in exchange for Rondo, all I can say is, he gone.
    Posted by slipslidingaway[/QUOTE]

Youve obviously did not see what Fierce posted so youre opinion is worthless on that point.... in short I never said Rondo was Kidd... what I said was that Kidd was an example of a poor foul shooter (and shooter in general) and improved his percentage significantly.........Fierce said when have you ever seen someone improve after 5 years and thats what i responded to..... does it mean Rondo will? dont know that...neither do you .....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scouting Report on Rondo : I agree with your assumption that Rondo more than likely will be here after the deadline but to call it a troll crusade makes me think you are the obsessed one. Rondo shooting problems are front and center.  He is hurting the offense he runs by becoming someone the defenses do not have to cover in the fourth quarter or in any half court game situation.  It clogs the offense and you certainly have seen it. Rondo either plays consistently as he did Sunday or he should be moved.  I am not suggesting every game has to be a triple double by the way.  The guy needs to keep his man honest on defense or we lose. It is that simple.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

What.... BTS obsessed with trolls?

With a screen name like that and a 'tude to match?

Surely you jest, concord!

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scouting Report on Rondo : I agree with your assumption that Rondo more than likely will be here after the deadline but to call it a troll crusade makes me think you are the obsessed one. Rondo shooting problems are front and center.  He is hurting the offense he runs by becoming someone the defenses do not have to cover in the fourth quarter or in any half court game situation.  It clogs the offense and you certainly have seen it. Rondo either plays consistently as he did Sunday or he should be moved.  I am not suggesting every game has to be a triple double by the way.  The guy needs to keep his man honest on defense or we lose. It is that simple.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

This is so funny..... as if this is a new issue......  it has been this way since day 1 but nobody has been able to see through their green glasses enough to see it....... this is why he is not anywhere near the player most on this board believe he is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scouting Report on Rondo : You said in a previous post to show you someone who has improved their FT shooting after 5 yrs in the league... I did that with Kidd... he went from 66 % as to 69% for about 4 years and then improved to 79% after all that time.... thats how I proved you wrong.... and if you think 67% is not poor from the FT line then you know less about BB than I thought.....
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

If R9R could hit FTs at a 67% clip, we would be in high cotton in Beantown.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scouting Report on Rondo : If R9R could hit FTs at a 67% clip, we would be in high cotton in Beantown. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

My daughter is 11, her team needed to win their last regular season game to get into the playoffs.  They won 22 to 11, she scored the first 18 points of the game.  I have always told her don't be afraid to shoot........  Rondo avoids - I repeat avoids - shooting at all costs, makes underhand passes to teammates that are 1 inch closer to the hoop but he might as well be on Mars when it comes to the ability to make the shot compared with his teammates.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slipslidingaway. Show slipslidingaway's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scouting Report on Rondo : Youve obviously did not see what Fierce posted so youre opinion is worthless on that point.... in short I never said Rondo was Kidd... what I said was that Kidd was an example of a poor foul shooter (and shooter in general) and improved his percentage significantly.........Fierce said when have you ever seen someone improve after 5 years and thats what i responded to..... does it mean Rondo will? dont know that...neither do you .....
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

My bad, I didn't know you were being so petty. Kidd did improve, so I guess you "proved" him wrong. For me, this is just basketball, fun to talk Celtics. The anger, bitter, pettiness thing, just can't get there over basketball. Not my cup, but you have a nice day.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scouting Report on Rondo :   My bad, I didn't know you were being so petty. Kidd did improve, so I guess you "proved" him wrong. For me, this is just basketball, fun to talk Celtics. The anger, bitter, pettiness thing, just can't get there over basketball. Not my cup, but you have a nice day.
    Posted by slipslidingaway[/QUOTE]

Not angry, bitter or petty whatsoever....Fierce made that statement to me and I gave him an example is all.... kind of like what he and others do on this board every day!!  And so it should be! ... its a discussion forum,  points are made, proven, discussed, argued ....kind on like you did on my post.........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scouting Report on Rondo : Not angry, bitter or petty whatsoever....Fierce made that statement to me and I gave him an example is all.... kind of like what he and others do on this board every day!!  And so it should be! ... its a discussion forum,  points are made, proven, discussed, argued ....kind on like you did on my post.........
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

CASox sez... "your personal crusade against Rondo is pathetic and laughable....."

Sounds angry, bitter and petty to me.

Not to you?

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scouting Report on Rondo : CASox sez... "your personal crusade against Rondo is pathetic and laughable....." Sounds angry, bitter and petty to me. Not to you? Pud

Well, maybe a tad angry because Fierce wants to trash Rondo on almost every posts whether its about him or not......... but bitter and petty how so?  I did say it was laughable ...lol

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scouting Report on Rondo : Didn't I tell you that by year 4 and year 5 we would know what kind of players they would turn out to be? Jason Kidd improved in year 4, true! RONDO IS IN YEAR 6 AND HE HAS NOT IMPROVED! WHEN WILL RONDO IMPROVE? YEAR 10?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Ha... and all your buds on here call me petty .......I notice they dont say the same about you ......why is that i wonder...ha

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scouting Report on Rondo : What.... BTS obsessed with trolls? With a screen name like that and a 'tude to match? Surely you jest, concord! Pud
    You got me Pud, it is obvious he see trolls that are not trolls however.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Rondo is stopping very little penetration and it cost us dearly.  Bradley overplays and it cost us a lot.  Dooling is playing soft.  And the Rookie gets 0 minutes.

14. This post has been removed.