Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals

If the Celts and Lakers both lose in game 7 in rd 2, then I'd call it a tie as far as 'who had the best season' goes

the fact that we took the 1 seed/best team in the league to 7 over the 2 seed/3rd best evens out losing 2 reg season games by 4 points 3-4 months earlier.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : yup, by 4 points total, when the Celts weren't half the team they are now and the Lakers were playing much better ball yawn what terrible drivel LA had a season better by a couple of games b/c Kobe went to Germany for his illegal medical treatments while Pierce decided to get fat and Jeff Green had heart surgery The Celts and Lakers have equal low odds to get to the finals and will both likely be bounced in rd 2.... the playoffs will determine who has the better seaosn of course, not games from Jan-Feb. Duh.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

No, you are wrong again.  A win by 1,2,3 or 4 points means its a win.  The Celtics fans having been making up more garbage about how the Lakers barely got by the C's in game 7 with the help of refs.  Why do you folks continue to beat a dead horse?  Every close win by Lakers this season has the refs and Stern on a secert phone giving orders to make sure Lakers get a W.  You may think the C's get bounced out in the 1st or 2nd round, but I as a Laker fan do not believe the Lakers go out in round 2.  I think the Lakers chose their 2nd round opponent if they make it that far because that's who they feel they have the best chance of beating.  I've heard Shaq on a few occasions say management said do this.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : Wake up TEX! You be in dreamland! Didn't the Lakers already beat the C's twice this season?? lmao
    Posted by kobedaman[/QUOTE]

Dude, the Lakers are not even going to make it past the first round. I am serious about that. Boston will at least make it to the Eastern Conference Finals. I really believe that Boston will make it beyond that. The only team in the East that could challenge them is the team that nobody is talking about: Indiana.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : Dude, the Lakers are not even going to make it past the first round. I am serious about that. Boston will at least make it to the Eastern Conference Finals. I really believe that Boston will make it beyond that. The only team in the East that could challenge them is the team that nobody is talking about: Indiana.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

I'll take that bet son!  You, Lakers bow out first round, Celtics go to Eastern Conference Finals. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Not only was Artest's egregious blow which could have been career ending, it was during a game when Lakers were still fighting for 3rd seed. Beating OKC was extremely important as the Clippers were one game behind for 3rd spot. As it turns out Clippers lost their game but maybe too unmotivated after Lakers won.

Don't think LA will have much trouble with the Nuggets but had they faced Memphis, who match up with them, they might not have made it out of the first round ! It has been mentioned that it will be ironic if LA plays OKC & Harden is out yet Artest is back to injure another, perhaps. How many times does a pyscho, rapist, child molester, thief etc. get released from jail and commit the crime again !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : No, you are wrong again.  A win by 1,2,3 or 4 points means its a win.  The Celtics fans having been making up more garbage about how the Lakers barely got by the C's in game 7 with the help of refs.  Why do you folks continue to beat a dead horse?  Every close win by Lakers this season has the refs and Stern on a secert phone giving orders to make sure Lakers get a W.  You may think the C's get bounced out in the 1st or 2nd round, but I as a Laker fan do not believe the Lakers go out in round 2.  I think the Lakers chose their 2nd round opponent if they make it that far because that's who they feel they have the best chance of beating.  I've heard Shaq on a few occasions say management said do this.
    Posted by kobedaman[/QUOTE]

game 7 was a complete joke

unbiased fans of other teams know the 41-17 FT advantage was a sham, get over it, it doesn't take away your title, it was just cheap how you were handed it after being down double digits with LVP shooting a 6-24

anyhow, I have no gripe with how the Fakers won 2 games over a mediocre Celtics team earlier in the season by 4 points, it means nothing right now, the Celtics are playing better than LA, but since neither team will likely play in the finals it will be who goes farther in the playoffs that determines who is better in '12, not reg season games from the winter, duh.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : game 7 was a complete joke unbiased fans of other teams know the 41-17 FT advantage was a sham, get over it, it doesn't take away your title, it was just cheap how you were handed it after being down double digits with LVP shooting a 6-24 anyhow, I have no gripe with how the Fakers won 2 games over a mediocre Celtics team earlier in the season by 4 points, it means nothing right now, the Celtics are playing better than LA, but since neither team will likely play in the finals it will be who goes farther in the playoffs that determines who is better in '12, not reg season games from the winter, duh.

The inability for Boston to rebound the ball in game 7 was a complete joke.
    The 23 offensive rebounds that the referees handed to LA was crazy...
    The LVP of game 7 was Ray who shot 3-14 or KG that manned up for a total of 3 rebounds.

When Boston was up 3 games to 2, did they really think they could win the series if they only scored 146 points in the last 2 games?

2011-12 both LA and Boston have had a similar season.
    Not enough of a difference for either sides fans to get worked up over.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

BURN

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals:
    [QUOTE]If Williams can pick up the Celtics defensive schemes quickly Boston will make it to the finals possibly even win it all. Let's face it Boston creates huge matchup problems for Miami. With the addition of Williams, the Celtics are even better now than when they dominated the Heat twice in 10 days. Miami has a gaping hole in their interior defense. With the addition of Williams the Heat would be forced to shoot from the perimeter. KG dominates Bosh everytime. Bradley can shut down Wade. That leaves James who will be tag-teamed by Pietrus and Pierce. The Bulls are in a downward spiral. Williams matches if not beats out Noah's hustle. KG will dominate Boozer. If Williams can pick up the C's defensive schemes Boston will be gunning for #18. The only teams that I think can challenge Boston in the West are San Antonio and OKC. OKC lacks a killer instinct. Drives me nuts everytime I see Durant doing that foolish dance before games. He's no killer. He is too soft. San Antonio plays just like Boston. Williams gives Boston the edge. SA does not have an interior presence. I hope Williams picks up the C's system...

While I hope you're right - I see a lot of "Celtic Fan Optimism" in that post.  I'm not sure Bradley shuts down Wade as much as makes him work harder than Ray did.  Also, Spurs have Duncan and 6'11" Tiago Splitter as his backup.  Maybe you haven't seen them play but they are deep at every position, shoot well, and run the ball well.  

C's will beat up on Atlanta, but after that - we will be in a war with Chicago.  I think we can win, but I think our rebounding still has to improve, especially against the Bulls who are fantastic as rebounders and who are tall + play great D.   They're one of a few teams that give Pierce fits because Deng is so long.

This is going to be fun!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : agree Simmons wrote an article a few weeks back about how the team despised JO's inability to get on the court Sheed and JO were total waste's... if only we had those MLE's back to get superior players in terms of heart and durability (like Birdman or McDyess) and/or drafted DeAndre Jordan over Giddens we may have had 18 or even 19 by now

JO was worse than a waste - he actually HURT us when he was on the court, IMO.

Sheed, however, was of help in the playoffs.  He was a low post scorer in several games and was the only one able to play D on Gasol.  If you forget about his in-season laziness, he actually played well in the playoffs and helped us get to that Game 7 (and get a lead in the game).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : While I hope you're right - I see a lot of "Celtic Fan Optimism" in that post.  I'm not sure Bradley shuts down Wade as much as makes him work harder than Ray did.  Also, Spurs have Duncan and 6'11" Tiago Splitter as his backup.  Maybe you haven't seen them play but they are deep at every position, shoot well, and run the ball well.   C's will beat up on Atlanta, but after that - we will be in a war with Chicago.  I think we can win, but I think our rebounding still has to improve, especially against the Bulls who are fantastic as rebounders and who are tall + play great D.   They're one of a few teams that give Pierce fits because Deng is so long. This is going to be fun!!!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE
    "Maybe you haven't seen them play" - Are you serious?! GuyfromTex doesn't jump out at you? look at the last three letter - T-E-X. Geez, I wonder what that stands for! I have seen them play and probably know more about them than you. Heck I have been living in San Antonio for the last 5 years! Perhaps you haven't been paying attention but the Bulls have been struggling. They are very beatable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : [QUOTE]In Response to Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : While I hope you're right - I see a lot of "Celtic Fan Optimism" in that post.  I'm not sure Bradley shuts down Wade as much as makes him work harder than Ray did.  Also, Spurs have Duncan and 6'11" Tiago Splitter as his backup.  Maybe you haven't seen them play but they are deep at every position, shoot well, and run the ball well.   C's will beat up on Atlanta, but after that - we will be in a war with Chicago.  I think we can win, but I think our rebounding still has to improve, especially against the Bulls who are fantastic as rebounders and who are tall + play great D.   They're one of a few teams that give Pierce fits because Deng is so long. This is going to be fun!!! Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE "Maybe you haven't seen them play" - Are you serious?! GuyfromTex doesn't jump out at you? look at the last three letter - T-E-X. Geez, I wonder what that stands for! I have seen them play and probably know more about them than you. Heck I have been living in San Antonio for the last 5 years! Perhaps you haven't been paying attention but the Bulls have been struggling. They are very beatable.

+1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]BURN
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

what?

The rebounding happened the entire game

The Celtics were up double figures in the early 4th

then the FT line parade began, replays showed no contact or incidental 'let them play' contact on foul after foul... Celtic players were hammered, whistles swallowed, it was a joke

get over it, I have, you won for 3 reasons, in this order:

1. The Celtics were hurt (iPerk out, Ray/KG each playing on 1 leg) otherwise the series ends in 5
    2. the refs got LA and the crowd back into game 7 w/ clearly terrible calls, no calls against LA and a huge FT disparity
    3. Celts couldn't grab a rebound

its not hard, those are the facts

enjoy title #16, (or really its 11 but w/e), I'm come to peace with the travesty that was the 4th quarter of game 7, I'd feel a bit dirty if we won that way but I'd still puff out my chest and brag so go you, I will just always bring up those 3 reasons as the reasons LA won, in that order... and they are all 100% true

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : what? The rebounding happened the entire game The Celtics were up double figures in the early 4th then the FT line parade began, replays showed no contact or incidental 'let them play' contact on foul after foul... Celtic players were hammered, whistles swallowed, it was a joke get over it, I have, you won for 3 reasons, in this order: 1. The Celtics were hurt (iPerk out, Ray/KG each playing on 1 leg) otherwise the series ends in 5 2. the refs got LA and the crowd back into game 7 w/ clearly terrible calls, no calls against LA and a huge FT disparity 3. Celts couldn't grab a rebound its not hard, those are the facts enjoy title #16, (or really its 11 but w/e), I'm come to peace with the travesty that was the 4th quarter of game 7, I'd feel a bit dirty if we won that way but I'd still puff out my chest and brag so go you, I will just always bring up those 3 reasons as the reasons LA won, in that order... and they are all 100% true

What happened in game 6 when Boston could have clinched the series?
    They mustered up a whole 67 points.
    Then they scored 79 in game 7.

It's hard to win games when a team doesn't score or rebound.

In Game 2 Pierce, was heard on video replays yelling, "We ain't coming back to LA!"

Good one Paul...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : [QUOTE]In Response to Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : While I hope you're right - I see a lot of "Celtic Fan Optimism" in that post.  I'm not sure Bradley shuts down Wade as much as makes him work harder than Ray did.  Also, Spurs have Duncan and 6'11" Tiago Splitter as his backup.  Maybe you haven't seen them play but they are deep at every position, shoot well, and run the ball well.   C's will beat up on Atlanta, but after that - we will be in a war with Chicago.  I think we can win, but I think our rebounding still has to improve, especially against the Bulls who are fantastic as rebounders and who are tall + play great D.   They're one of a few teams that give Pierce fits because Deng is so long. This is going to be fun!!! Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE "Maybe you haven't seen them play" - Are you serious?! GuyfromTex doesn't jump out at you? look at the last three letter - T-E-X. Geez, I wonder what that stands for! I have seen them play and probably know more about them than you. Heck I have been living in San Antonio for the last 5 years! Perhaps you haven't been paying attention but the Bulls have been struggling. They are very beatable.

It was a little tongue and cheek about maybe you haven't seen them but in all seriousness, maybe you're BLIND.  Is that more clear for you?   You really think SA has no inside presence then you are definitely BLIND.  

SA is a great all around team and while they aren't as big as the Lakers, they are as big as most teams and with Duncan - as good or better inside than most teams.  

As for the Bulls, I agree they are beatable.....as is anyone, but I believe the Bulls have better coaching, better defense, better rebounding, and a deeper bench than just about anyone in the league.   Hard to pick between them and Miami in the East as favorites but I give the edge to the Bulls at this point. 

So, I stand by my original comments - you're optimistic in your post.  But, I hope you're right.  I would LOVE my C's to pull out Banner 18 this year!   If we rebound and have the to 8 or 9 players healthy, we can do it. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : What happened in game 6 when Boston could have clinched the series? They mustered up a whole 67 points. Then they scored 79 in game 7. It's hard to win games when a team doesn't score or rebound. In Game 2 Pierce, was heard on video replays yelling, "We ain't coming back to LA!" Good one Paul...

yes if artest didn't take the red hot ray allen out of the rest of the series in game 3 with a dirty knee that left Ray with a bruise so bad he lost almost all his lift the series would never have made it back to LA

and I guess you forgot the Perk injury, when your starting center is obviously lost for the rest of the season minutes into game 6 it is hard to recover and form on new game plan on the fly

Despite Ray and Kev dragging bad legs around and Perk being done the Celts played with enough hearts and smarts to be ahead by 10+ and executing a brilliant game plan, despite the rebounding woe's, until the refs took the game out of the players hands after 'letting them play' for 3 quarters and gave the title to LA for reasons I'll never understand... and ugh what awful fans Hollywood has, sitting on their hands for 3 quarters just cuz their team was down like 8-15, I was at game 6 in '08 smoking cigars, Boston fans stand and cheer the entire time. We don't need the refs to get us back into it. And we close games at home in 6 by 39... not gift-wrapped black-eyes to the sport that you eke out in game 7

whatever Gina, enjoy the title, obv it won't be taken away, but I'm only speaking the truth, the Celts almost overcame incredible odds to win the championship that year and were robbed of it not b/c of rebounding or a 6-24 MVP, but b/c of injuries and the worst 12 minutes of officiating in the HISTORY of the game

FACT

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : yes if artest didn't take the red hot ray allen out of the rest of the series in game 3 with a dirty knee that left Ray with a bruise so bad he lost almost all his lift the series would never have made it back to LA and I guess you forgot the Perk injury, when your starting center is obviously lost for the rest of the season minutes into game 6 it is hard to recover and form on new game plan on the fly Despite Ray and Kev dragging bad legs around and Perk being done the Celts played with enough hearts and smarts to be ahead by 10+ and executing a brilliant game plan, despite the rebounding woe's, until the refs took the game out of the players hands after 'letting them play' for 3 quarters and gave the title to LA for reasons I'll never understand... and ugh what awful fans Hollywood has, sitting on their hands for 3 quarters just cuz their team was down like 8-15, I was at game 6 in '08 smoking cigars, Boston fans stand and cheer the entire time. We don't need the refs to get us back into it. And we close games at home in 6 by 39... not gift-wrapped black-eyes to the sport that you eke out in game 7 whatever Gina, enjoy the title, obv it won't be taken away, but I'm only speaking the truth, the Celts almost overcame incredible odds to win the championship that year and were robbed of it not b/c of rebounding or a 6-24 MVP, but b/c of injuries and the worst 12 minutes of officiating in the HISTORY of the game FACT

You sound like such a little whiner. WAH WAH WAH.
    If Bynum was healthy...

One excuse after another, but you will never talk about Boston's dreadful scoring and rebounding.

Kobe had 15 rebounds in game 7 but KG only had 3...
    The Counterfeit Ticket... 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : You sound like such a little whiner. WAH WAH WAH. If Bynum was healthy... One excuse after another, but you will never talk about Boston's dreadful scoring and rebounding. Kobe had 15 rebounds in game 7 but KG only had 3... The Counterfeit Ticket... 

If Bynum was healthy, Gasol would be on the Bulls!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

pretty much covered it all there... facts.... I wasn't whining, just calmly stating exactly how the series was won/lost and obviously the truth hurts... as much as it can for someone who actually raised the banner... unless you are so delusional and its so important to you that the series was won cleanly that you will cling to the rebounding thing and multiple Celts choking as the real reasons (ha!)

Bynum 'kinda' equaled out KG not being close to where he was in '08, but Bynum put up some amazing stats in a few games despite his injury and then Perk was done for 2 whole games, so not really.

What is there to say about our dreadful scoring and rebounding I didn't say already? Nothing that overcomes the injuries and refs, since despite it all we were robbe din the 4th quarter of the final game.

Want me to be critical, I can call-out half the team that series

KG - gassed as he approached 100 games for a season he dragged his leg around that never fully recovered really until this season, painful to watch knowing that in every other season of his career but 09 (out) and '10 (crippled) he'd have led us to a title in 5

PP - I can blame him for not upping his game cuz we were 2-1 when he was great and 1-3 when he wasn't, so one more great performance in game 3 or 7 woulda done it for us

Ray - Went nuts in game 2 so Artest the thug took him out for the rest of the series in game 3, shameful

Perk - missed all but a few minutes after we went up 3-2 (kinda a big deal)

Sheed - gave us an 11-8 when we needed him most, if he gave that in another 10-12 no-show games over the season we'd have been the 2 seed and a champion so F-him

Tony Allen - great D, should played more to rest PP/Ray, helped make Gasol the MVP of the series but poor Pau robbed by NBA agenda to get Kobe 5th ring (see refs - 4th quarter)

Baby - same as Pierce, team 2-1 when he was great and 1-3 when he wasn't, needed 1 more big game but too short to do it

Nate - frontrunner I never liked who had 1 good game each playoff series and was a no-show for the other 5-6

Rondo - an entire thread is needed to discuss how his lack of a jumper and inability to raise his game, shrug off the obvious decision to defend him w/ Kobe cost us winning a title as well

but so what, I can point to a dozen things, negative performances by Boston, good rebounding/D by LA, etc that had they been reversed the Celts would have won

But none of them came CLOSE to affecting the outcome as injuries and the epically awful 4th quarter officiating in game 7... so yes LA fans hate hearing the FACTS that that title was given to them by whistles and hurt legs... but so what, its the truth, I'll say it when I need to, you still have your freaking banner even if it wasn't won as cleanly as almost every other title was (other titles are shady too, like heat-Mavs) or as dominant as others (the '08 CRUSHING)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

It's a shame that Artest is being suspended till next season. Now these trolls will use that as an excuse for the lakers being eliminated in the playoffs. Sorry, Mark from CT, but the 2010 NBA Finals were a sham. Boston got robbed. The officiating in that series was the worst that I have ever seen. I have spoken with tons of NBA fans in San Antonio, Houston, and Dallas, all non-Celtic fans that say that Boston was robbed. It's a universal belief. It was all over the internet as well. It was as blatant a robbery as Manny Pacquiao's victory over Juan Manuel Marquez.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : If Bynum was healthy, Gasol would be on the Bulls!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

2010 not 2008

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-aGv0f5tMA

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : If Bynum was healthy, Gasol would be on the Bulls!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

He was prob referencing Bynum's '10 injury that did little to change the outcome of the series... if I must I'd concede that it made KG's fall from '08 strength a little less damaging b/c Bynum was at 70% (and KG at 50) then so be it.

but it had nothing on the Ray/Perk injuries, that along with the 4th quarter officiating, gave LA the title. This is 100% fact.

and yes, Bynum not being on the '08 team can NEVER be an excuse, b/c had he been healthy he would have been a Bull. You are correct. And since nobody knew how great young fat and in Spain Marc Gasol would be at that time, the Bulls offer of (at least) Deng-Gordon for Gasol being turned down was VERY fishy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sean Williams the key to reaching the Finals : He was prob referencing Bynum's '10 injury that did little to change the outcome of the series... if I must I'd concede that it made KG's fall from '08 strength a little less damaging b/c Bynum was at 70% (and KG at 50) then so be it. but it had nothing on the Ray/Perk injuries, that along with the 4th quarter officiating, gave LA the title. This is 100% fact. and yes, Bynum not being on the '08 team can NEVER be an excuse, b/c had he been healthy he would have been a Bull. You are correct. And since nobody knew how great young fat and in Spain Marc Gasol would be at that time, the Bulls offer of (at least) Deng-Gordon for Gasol being turned down was VERY fishy.

Didn't they win in 2010?  Wow - a sore winner is worse than a sore loser.  And I found this article a while ago:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/lee_jenkins/02/22/kobe.bryant.pau.gasol/index.html#ixzz1qWRySMag

which finally shut up that idiot MajicMVP

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

This video is even better. Why there wasn't a Congressional hearing on this game is beyond me. Boston clearly kicked the Lakers *ss in this game. It was obvious that there was something very wrong in how the refs called this game. I still believe that there should be a Congressional investigation. I wonder why the Globe was not more vocal in criticizing this robbery. Perhaps they were threatened in some way by David Stern. That title that the lakers got in 2010 was an absolute sham.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJnXxQlPC48