Second team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanRI88. Show celticsfanRI88's posts

Re: Second team

what I like about our bench is that each of these players have the ability to come out any night and score in double figures...as they have all averaged as much in their past years..

this should give the celtics better/more options when the starters go cold and prevent our 4th quarter losses

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

I see the first five off of the bench being:

J. O'Neal
    Nate
    Quis
    Wafer
    BBD

Later in the season I expect Bradley to put in minutes, but definitely not until he proves he can defend. 

I like the fact that each of our bench guys has the ability to put up big numbers on any given night, but I'm worried about defense.  I hope they can come in and play defense.  These guys can make an offensive run, but they need to get stops in order for the C's to be successful.  Thus far i've seen slightly inconsistent D from Nate, Quis has been a disappointment, and Wafer is a historically low level defender.  They all need to step up and play both sides of the ball, not just offense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

I love all your opinions, I really do.  May I add two things?

1.  On the second unit, or first, IF they don't play D, they won't play.  So, talking about them not playing D, in my opinion is moot.  NO D, NO PLAY!

2.  The most frustrating thing to me last year was watching us play good D, and still go 7-8 mins without scoring.  We'd have one 17-6 quarter, and the game would be over.  On those nights Ray can't buy a basket, we'd have...........Tony Allen?  I think it was incumbent on DA to revamp the second unit with scorers to alleviate that problem.  And, while I think we still need a Battier or a Posey (maybe later in the year?), I think he has done that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

I trully believe we have the best bench in the league

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thetruth985. Show thetruth985's posts

I like the second unit, but when do we sign Luke Harangody. There is only one spot left on the roster (counting the ghost of Sheed) and I think he might have been the steal of the draft... I think it would be a mistake not to sign him. Although its not like he or Bradley would see the floor anyway, not with Doc's approach to rookies

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

In Response to Re: Second team:
    [QUOTE]I love all your opinions, I really do.  May I add two things? 1.  On the second unit, or first, IF they don't play D, they won't play.  So, talking about them not playing D, in my opinion is moot.  NO D, NO PLAY! 2.  The most frustrating thing to me last year was watching us play good D, and still go 7-8 mins without scoring.  We'd have one 17-6 quarter, and the game would be over.  On those nights Ray can't buy a basket, we'd have...........Tony Allen?  I think it was incumbent on DA to revamp the second unit with scorers to alleviate that problem.  And, while I think we still need a Battier or a Posey (maybe later in the year?), I think he has done that.
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

BandC,

I think that point number two is one reason that i'd like to see TMac.  I have no problem with the Battier/Posey mindset either, but it would be nice to have someone come off the bench and dump in 25.

PA

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Second team : BandC, I think that point number two is one reason that i'd like to see TMac.  I have no problem with the Battier/Posey mindset either, but it would be nice to have someone come off the bench and dump in 25. PA
    Posted by PACelt[/QUOTE]

Puleeeeze with the Posey references. He's toast. He's way down on the downside of an unremarkable career. Just give ME season tickets and I'll come out before the game and hug the players! As for T-mac. Only if he plays for one year at the minimum, period. He's through too. Witness the fact that he can be had for a bag of Cheetos [regular not spicy hot] AND NO ONE WANTS HIM.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

[QUOTE]Thaddeus Young people...
    Posted by BBALLIQ[/QUOTE]

I doubt Philly gives him up.  Next year he'll be a RFA.  He fits into their plans.

PA