Semih-Automatic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Semih-Automatic

9 pts 4 rebs.

For a 4th string Center not bad at all!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Re: Semih-Automatic

Hell yes! He could be a second option center or even a starter in lesser teams. Erden is NBA ready material for sure.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Semih-automatic.  I like it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

He's gone past Semih-tough!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Expect more improvement from Semih when he learns English. Doc mentioned the language barrier as being a problem in coaching him. It would also be great if he can be developed into a combo power forward-center who can play alongside Perk when KG retires. That will, more or less, ensure our ability to match up with the Lakers young frontline of Gasol-Bynum in the coming years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

I like his free throws. have not yet seen him missed one. knock on wood. if he continues to rebound and score in the paint, he will be a heck of player coming off bench.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivanc. Show kivanc's posts

The guy is giving more than I could have imagined. I surely wasn't expecting progress from him that early. I'm surprised, and trurly pleased by his effort.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

His aggressiveness and accuracy from the free throw line are only going to make him a better player when he fully develops.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Super77. Show Super77's posts

In Response to Re: Semih-Automatic:
    [QUOTE]I like his free throws. have not yet seen him missed one.
    Posted by lovetruth007[/QUOTE]

Rondo is jealous, runrunrunarun not happy & Scalabrine raised the eyebrow
     WHATWHAT DA...?Undecided

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondo9Fan. Show RajonRondo9Fan's posts

Erdan is 7-7 from The free throw line so far this season!Smile

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

And the refs are giving him some calls/respect... already. That really helps as he develops his game.

Good hands, active, can hit FTs, good footwork, physical, aggressive, can draw/hit FTs, learns quickly, oh??? and did I mention that he can hit FTs... too????

Someone explain to Rondo how much easier the game becomes if/when you can draw and hit freebies. Its a different game indeed.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I'm not really surprised.  He played pretty well in FIFA ball against some good NBA-level competition,.  Once the language barrier thing is less of an issue and he acclimates better to the NBA and Doc's system, no reason he couldn't be a starting center averaging 10 points 8 rebs a game in a few years. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I love Semih's game.  He provides alot of energy off the bench and he has great hands and mobility.  Last night, Baby threw a pass out in front of Semih and he outraced Durant, corralled the ball and converted a dunk.  NO OTHER center on the Celtics could have done that.  NONE!

Let's just hope Doc continues to give the kid some time when Shaq returns.  Now is the time when Semih needs to get minutes and develop a chemistry and comfort level for the game and his teammates.

Semih played 14 very effective minutes last night.  Honestly, I think he has earned at least 10 minutes per game, minimum!  Even when Shaq returns and JON is playing, Semih deserves at least 10 minutes per game.  I just hope Doc continues to let the kid develop.

Somebody get him some black or green shoes too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Shaq and Erden
    Diesel and Semih
    Can you hear Walton saying, "Keep on truckin".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]I love Semih's game.  He provides alot of energy off the bench and he has great hands and mobility.  Last night, Baby threw a pass out in front of Semih and he outraced Durant, corralled the ball and converted a dunk.  NO OTHER center on the Celtics could have done that.  NONE! Let's just hope Doc continues to give the kid some time when Shaq returns.  Now is the time when Semih needs to get minutes and develop a chemistry and comfort level for the game and his teammates. Semih played 14 very effective minutes last night.  Honestly, I think he has earned at least 10 minutes per game, minimum!  Even when Shaq returns and JON is playing, Semih deserves at least 10 minutes per game.  I just hope Doc continues to let the kid develop. Somebody get him some black or green shoes too.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

I Agree Petey.  For the immediate future, the minutes per game splits should be:

Shaq 20 Mpg
    JON 18 MPG
    Semih 10 MPG

I would also love to see JON get some minutes at the 4 (to give KG a rest) with Shaq or Semih on the floor at the 5 against bigger lineups.  Maybe that would be a way to get JON and Semih some minutes when they need a bigger option than BBD.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

I'm liking the way he looks out there as well. Great looking stroke hes got there. With a bit more confidence in the NBA, he just might become a deadly shooter. The main weakness I see right now is that he needs to bulk-up a bit more in his upper body. Seems to be getting pushed around alittle too easily out there. He's proving he's got game, now he needs some muscle and toughness to fight under the boards.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Semih has been a pleasant surprise. He played lousy during the summer league, but than looked very good during the World Championship Games. He has continued to play well for a rookie for the C's. The biggest surprise IMO regarding Semih is his foot speed for a 7 footer.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thrombosis. Show thrombosis's posts

I liked that Semih shows some good agility and that  he stays on his toes for a guy 6'11.   He also kept his hands up and made some good swipes at the ball on drivers-- just enough to disrupt their release.  I have not seem him time his jumps to get a block  after the release.  With his apparent decent agility, he should be able to get off the floor to get some blocks.  He also appears to have no good inside moves he has confidence in.  Since he has a decent touch, let's hope that develops.  Please Doc,  let him play some.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

In the Thunder's game, he helped the 2nd unit to outscore Thunder's 2nd unit. Cs need to develop a solid 3rd unit with Semih, Luke, Nate, and Wafer. Lots of energy and speed. Hungry too. This 3rd unit can beat a lot of 2nd units of other NBA teams.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

before our eyes, he is transforming from semih-pro to semih-servicable

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]I think he has earned at least 10 minutes per game, minimum!  Even when Shaq returns and JON is playing, Semih deserves at least 10 minutes per game.  Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

well, it's a convenient development because we NEED to have him available for 12 potential minutes of #5 duty, or more any given night.  the porcelain o'neals should not be run mor ethan 18 a piece.  so that leaves 12 minutes at the 5, some of which davis will eat up.  but always nice to have a taller guy to throw out there.  and ANY time there is only one o'neal, there's definitely 10+ a game for semi

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]Expect more improvement from Semih when he learns English. Doc mentioned the language barrier as being a problem in coaching him. It would also be great if he can be developed into a combo power forward-center who can play alongside Perk when KG retires. That will, more or less, ensure our ability to match up with the Lakers young frontline of Gasol-Bynum in the coming years.
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]

Danny has found another gem with a late pick (last in the draft).  I like the way he is piling up players on the roster.  Bradley is injured but he may turn out to be quite a player.  Harangody probably belongs in the league.

A great scenario is that the Celts re-sign Baby and Perk, Semih gets two years to develop and then the Celts trade Perk and baby for a quality PF.  Garnett can move to the backup role.

As for Gasol and Bynum, I fully expect Kobe to kick Bynum in the knee again.