Semih's Stock Rising

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chief16OZ. Show Chief16OZ's posts

Semih's Stock Rising

DA and Doc spent the entire summer getting bigger.  We all knew Jermaine's health and even the big Shamrock's were going to be a question mark all year.  Still, did anyone ever imagine league minimum earning Semih seeing this kind of playing time? More importantly, did anyone think he would play this well.  

I've been pleasantly surprised with his play.  He looked great on offense last night against Atlanta.  He never demands the ball but is still able to find his points every night.  Good shooter, good hands, good foot-work, and relatively quick imo.  

Clearly there's room for improvment but he really does seem to be getting better with every game.  It's still early to make a valid assessment but Im curious how everyone else feels about him so far.  

Are you pleased or dissapointed with his play.  Please post specifics about his all around game to support your position.

Go Green!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Semih's Stock Rising

Semi complained that KG "got all his rebounds" against Atlanta after the game. I had to laugh. KG got all Semi's and more!

Utterly teachable. Never pouts. Thrilled to be in the NBA. Thrilled!

No big head here. Runs the floor with abandon... and is rewarded!

What fun to watch.. no matter how over-matched he is. The kid is living out a dream. The planets must somehow be aligned. The opportunity of a lifetime.

Pure joy!  The surprise story of the season... ahead of Shaq's rejuvenation and BBD's assent toward stardom.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Che, calling for more bigs since ???
    The key winning championship.

Feed him more burgers, add a few more lards and he will be more macho.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Who can complain when your playing a 4th string center? Most teams dont have a 4th string anything.

Semi is doing good enough job. Finishing under the hoop (Perk could never do) his baby hook.. Hes trying to play defense but is struggling and his FT touch seems to have left him.

Got to be happy with what hes doing considering. Little by little hes getting more comfortable, you can see it in his play. Hes a little soft defensively though, needs to hammer some of these guys, too many soft fouls.. for a kid from Turkey being thrown into the fire, hes doing fine. Hope he keeps improving and starts grabbing some boards.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Hope he keeps improving and starts grabbing some boards.

Hopefully someone will teach him the positioning and blocking during the rebound process. He needs to understand that area.
    If he puts some weight and muscle, he can compete.
    Ask Baby.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Semih's Stock Rising:
    [QUOTE]  Hope he keeps improving and starts grabbing some boards. Hopefully someone will teach him the positioning and blocking during the rebound process. He needs to understand that area. If he puts some weight and muscle, he can compete. Ask Baby.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

I am sure someone works with him on that every day. The Celtics coaching staff probably sees that also.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

He is better than I thought for certain.  I don't see him as a starter though long term but he works hard and seems to have a good head for the game.

Needs to work on his rebounding though.  No boards in 24 minutes?  Ugh.