Set back for Shaq. Don't think we'll see him soon.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Set back for Shaq. Don't think we'll see him soon.

Sigh!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

Shaq is done for the year   when the team cannot give a truthful answer as to his return you know its over.....  see KG 2 Years ago

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Set back for Shaq. Don't think we'll see him soon.:
    [QUOTE]Shaq is done for the year   when the team cannot give a truthful answer as to his return you know its over.....  see KG 2 Years ago
    Posted by DBCoach[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised if Shaq doesn't return for the remainder of the season.  The Celtics are never very forthcoming about injuries.  As you stated, I am sure that we all remember when KG was injured and the Celtics kept telling us he would return and of course never did. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

If Shaq is a no go we have a huge problem. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

In Response to Set back for Shaq. Don't think we'll see him soon.:
    [QUOTE]Jackie MacMullan reports that during a recent walk-through that was supposed to be the first step in returning to action for the first time since Feb. 1, O'Neal injured Achilles tendon inflamed to the point where he was forced to immediately get a cortisone shot while then being put in a walking boot to immobilize the injury. When asked by MacMullan if the trade of Kendrick Perkins would be considered a bust if neither one of the O'Neal's -- Shaquille or Jermaine -- could return to help the Celtics in the playoffs Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge said, "I don't think so. We believe we will have both Shaq and J.O. back. Now if they don't, and Krstic can't play at the high level he was performing at when he arrived, obviously we won't have the kind of depth we want, but our recent struggles have nothing to do with the center position.''
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, but it does not even matter in the end, as Shaq has been out of his prime since 2003. Hopefully, he does return so that it will give me more to laugh at whenever I watch celtic games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Set back for Shaq. Don't think we'll see him soon. : Thanks for the info, but it does not even matter in the end, as Shaq has been out of his prime since 2003. Hopefully, he does return so that it will give me more to laugh at whenever I watch celtic games.
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

If you are a fan of LAL you have to be concerned with BOS getting healthy. Size matters in the NBA, and LAL cannot defend all of BOS's bigs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Set back for Shaq. Don't think we'll see him soon. : If you are a fan of LAL you have to be concerned with BOS getting healthy. Size matters in the NBA, and LAL cannot defend all of BOS's bigs.

JO back now and feeling good. Shaq WILL return at some point.

Posted by cshashaty[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

DBcoach,
    You make a good point the Celtics by not being forthcoming about Shaq have done so to prevent even more embarrassment over making the trade.  To make that trade with Shaq being uncertain is one of the stupidest personnel moves in history.  They ruined there playoff chances and depended on a guy who was injured and has been fighting injuries for the last five years.

I suspected this was going on the last few times his arrival was imminent.  Amazing betrayal of the fans considering they did it with KG. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Set back for Shaq. Don't think we'll see him soon. : If you are a fan of LAL you have to be concerned with BOS getting healthy. Size matters in the NBA, and LAL cannot defend all of BOS's bigs.
    Posted by cshashaty[/QUOTE]

I hope for good health for all teams. Shaq is foul prone these days. He is too slow to keep up with either Bynum or Gasol. Jermaine and Krystic are about on the same level at this point in their careers, and trust me, no center in the league is worried about either of them. Perkins was an intimidator and the anchor for boston's defense, and he is now gone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Set back for Shaq. Don't think we'll see him soon. : I wouldn't be surprised if Shaq doesn't return for the remainder of the season.  The Celtics are never very forthcoming about injuries.  As you stated, I am sure that we all remember when KG was injured and the Celtics kept telling us he would return and of course never did. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Susan, have you ever had an injury such that you don't know when and if it will heal?   I have.  I've been through the doctors telling me we THINK we can get through it without surgery.  We tried stretching, physical therapy and strength training, anti-inflamatories, and a cortisone shot.  4 months later, we finally gave up and said we just have to do surgery.  That's what JON went through as well.

I bet that's what happened to Garnett, rather than the "lies" or "not forthcoming" that you want to believe.   I believe that ESPECIALLY knowing how Kevin is so competitive he doesn't want to give up.   I say that because IF they KNEW Garnett was not coming back, they would have gone immediately for surgery and hoped he healed fast.  The fact that they drug it out and ended up affecting the 2009/2010 season tells me they actually thought they could get him back for the 2008/2009 playoffs.  Obviously, it didn't work out that way but the fact that they didn't go for immediate surgery tells me the team and KG himself were actually trying to get him back for the playoffs.

I think they actually BELIEVE/HOPE that Shaq will be back but are probably fooling themselves.  Doctors don't always know for sure and they keep thinking certain treatment will work.....and its not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Tayshawn

Agreed with your last comment how perkins was the only intimidator on the team, when other players are aware of your center blocking or putting u on your butt with a hard fould they think twice about attacking the paint. Right now we have no one like that and teams are taking advantage with drives to the basket and post positioning. This is killing us. Points in the paint are up since this trade and its not a coincedence. The key to good defense is not giving up easy baskets, this is one area that perkins really contributed in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Gman,
    Are you kidding why are you engaging with a troll? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

[QUOTE]Tayshawn Agreed with your last comment how perkins was the only intimidator on the team, when other players are aware of your center blocking or putting u on your butt with a hard fould they think twice about attacking the paint. Right now we have no one like that and teams are taking advantage with drives to the basket and post positioning. This is killing us. Points in the paint are up since this trade and its not a coincedence. The key to good defense is not giving up easy baskets, this is one area that perkins really contributed in.
    Posted by gman101019[/QUOTE]

you got it....  we went from being the Bullies to a offensive team with soft interior D

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I thought Jermaine was done for the year and I was wrong. Better not to speculate with these injuries although it makes for good conversation.