set to acquire now J-smoove!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: set to acquire now J-smoove!

I would rather let Bass go than Sully...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Let's not get too excited right now - let's see how the team plays out.....I don't really like this trade AT THIS TIME - ask me at the trade deadline!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

We all know that Josh and RR are buds but trading Pierce isn't the answer. Sullinger is a rebounding beast so forget about his being traded. I say play the cards you've got and wait until mid season and evaluate the team at that time. Nice add in Barbosa!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Is his name J smoove or J smooth?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

We're not trading Pierce

Atlanta could have a pretty surprising team this year. Even as Ferry rebuilds the club and saves cash they could throw out a lineup with minutes like this and be very fast, outscore a lot of teams:

C- Zaza (28) Horford (20)

PF - Horford (16) Smith (28) Tolliver (4)

SF - Korver (24) Smith (8) Morrow (16)

SG - Lou Williams (32) Jenkins (12) Teague (4)

PG - Harris (26) Teague (22)

When you have Horford/Smith at the 4-5 it creates match-up issues on offense as we have seen, ithout giving much away on D, b/c despite each being 2" shorter than you'd want at the position they can both board with the best at those spots in the league and cover/block shots.

Then you role out a pure 3 point shooter at the 3 in either Korver and Morrow. Just nasty, slightly better than Terry/Lee 40% guys who will camp behind the line kill you when you rotate off.

Then the guards are 3 guys who are used to playing starter minutes, creating their own shots AND can all handle the ball nd bring it up in Harris (slightly better than Hinrich), Teague and Lou Williams. Williams and Jenkins (another pure shooter) will more than make-up for Joe Johnson in points per game, even if that trade was a salary dump.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Hawks will look at where they are in Jan-Feb before deciding if they are sellers of Smith and Harris, or keepers who think they have the speed and scoring to go far in the playoffs.

Certainly if you play Smith and Horford 100% of the minutes on James and Bosh there are not two teams in the game who have a better duo to counter those two. Pierce and KG do good, but are not 27 years old.

Theycould  keep the guys, in hopes that a rejuvinated team and promise of maybe a big FA summer would keep Smith around. With Zaza/Harris gone they could keep Smith for around 13-15 million and still have enough cap space to offer a max contract to Chris Paul, Atlanta is def a more local situation for him.

CP3, Williams/Teague, Smith and Horford would be a scary team of guys still under 30. Maybe Paul doesn't like what he sees in LA.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Smith is also Dwight Howard's best friend. Howard has also not signed and extension yet with LA.

If things go badly in LA for Dwight, bad as in the 2nd rd playoff exit I feel is likely (WCF tops) and watching Kobe, Nash andf Gasol's bodies break apart all around him, then he could still become a Hawk.

If they are paying 10 million combined to Teague, Williams and Jenkins, then 12 million to Horford and Smith settles for a deal starting around 8 (like 5/50) b/c he's been told Howard/CP3 are coming... then Howard and Paul would have to take like identical 4 year 60 million deals.

Since no other team in FA except the Mavs will be bidding on them, they would both have to leave 1 year and about 25 million on the table from the max deals the LA teams are giving. but who knows if friendship and a core four that would truly be unstoppable (unlike the aging one the Lakers have now) could trump money in the end.

That Atlanta team going head to head with the heat for years for the right to meet OKC in the finals would be pretty fun. Two of the top 3 teams in game being from mid-markets... neat:-)

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I'm wondering is Sully starting allowing Ainge to advertise him for a bigger deal.

I would like to see Sully, Bass, Melo and Wilcox for Josh Smith and Zaza.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm wondering is Sully starting allowing Ainge to advertise him for a bigger deal.

I would like to see Sully, Bass, Melo and Wilcox for Josh Smith and Zaza.

[/QUOTE]

contracts don't work

but Sully or Bass can now be a piece in a deal for a better big, as long as it is shown in Dec/Jan that we actually need an upgrade and the $ can work

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stupid trade.

[/QUOTE]

exactly.....

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I can't believe we have yet to play a regular season game,  watched Sully play,  know that this kid is going to get better and better and we are already talking about trading him.  Glad DA is the one in charge of this.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Agreed.