Shane Battier

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigbird1111. Show Bigbird1111's posts

Shane Battier

How do the fans of boston feel bout trading J Oneil for Shane Battier ?
    The salaries work on GM trade machine.  We trade a player who wants to finish his career in Indy evenually and a player who hasnt made a difference this year so far for whatever reason.  Battier would play instantly and fits the James Posey mold  Defends and shoots the 3 at a high percentage.  Will Houston unload a guy with an expiring contract, and a lockout looming ?  I think so !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Shane Battier

Suggested this one a long time ago

We'd have to throw in our 1st rd pick or Avery but I doubt houston wants to trade their team leader and only SF for the pleasure of paying JON 6.3m next year. Battier is a FA.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

I would love to have Battier.  There is no way Houston trades him for JON though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In a down economy - ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE !!!

Can Shane Battier stay with athletic forwards like LeBron James, Turkulu, ect ?

The ultimate trade in my mind (puff puff pass pass) is to get Josh Howard and Nick Young from Washington for Perk and Bradley...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7MSAKABh4Q&feature=fvw
    Call me crazy, but I see those two as the perfect match for the Celtics....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Battier is better to throw at those guys than 'Quis. The following scenario is the result of having guys like 'Quis over guys like Posey '08 or possible trade targets like Battier/Prince:

Pierce as a solid defender of SF's who is superior to Daniels. So he has to play 40 mins against LeBron, and he will do ok, but his own offensive game will suffer as we saw last playoffs. When we had advantages at all other positions this was ok, but Wade is no Mo Will and Bosh is no Jamison.

Daniels in this scenario gets 8 mins off the bench against a Mike Miller a draw IMO.

If we had a defender like Prince, Wallace or even the lesser Shane Battier... you have someone who can play as good or better D on these SF's than Paul... then you give them 20 mins a game to simply hound LeBron... meanwhile Paul only has to defend LBJ for half the time he would now and then can get a chance to play those 8 mins on Miller and another 8 mins or so at SG where he can post-up Wade/Jones and really be bothersome.

THAT is what the upgrade to Daniels I have been screaming for does to this team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrTrippleDouble. Show MrTrippleDouble's posts

In Response to Re: Shane Battier:
    [QUOTE]In a down economy - ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE !!!  Can Shane Battier stay with athletic forwards like LeBron James, Turkulu, ect ? The ultimate trade in my mind (puff puff pass pass) is to get Josh Howard and Nick Young from Washington for Perk and Bradley... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7MSAKABh4Q&feature=fvw Call me crazy, but I see those two as the perfect match for the Celtics....
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]
    Thats exactly what i was thinking, Nick Young and Josh Howard are young and can give you immidiate offense & defense. Espicially Nick Young he is a legit SF

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shane Battier : Thats exactly what i was thinking, Nick Young and Josh Howard are young and can give you immidiate offense & defense. Espicially Nick Young he is a legit SF
    Posted by MrTrippleDouble[/QUOTE]

You mean the Nick Young who is listed as a SG EVERYWHERE you look, has a spindly frame and these stats:

window.fbAsyncInit = function() { FB.init({ appId: "116656161708917", cookie: true, // these two are not required for partners that status: true, // only rely on stk plugins and don't use connect xfbml: true, channelUrl: document.location.protocol + '//' + document.domain + '/facebook/channel.html' }); jQuery(document).ready(function () { FB.XFBML.parse(); FB.Event.subscribe('edge.create', function(href, widget) { if(typeof anTrackLink === 'function') { anTrackLink(jQuery('.fb_iframe_widget')[0],'espn','facebook','like'); } }); }); }; (function() { var e = document.createElement('script'); e.async = true; e.src = document.location.protocol + '//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js'; document.getElementById('fb-root').appendChild(e); }()); Nick Young
    Nick Young  #1  SG
    2010-11 STATS
    PPGAPG3P%

Somehow the Wiz would trade this 25 year old talent who is just coming into his own for Marquis Daniels?!?!?!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In a down economy - ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE !!!  Can Shane Battier stay with athletic forwards like LeBron James, Turkulu, ect ? The ultimate trade in my mind (puff puff pass pass) is to get Josh Howard and Nick Young from Washington for Perk and Bradley... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7MSAKABh4Q&feature=fvw Call me crazy, but I see those two as the perfect match for the Celtics....
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

Athletic fwds like turkaloo????? 

Ultimate trade = for a ZERO character washout like Josh "Doobie" Howard?

C'mon man, i know you like your smoke but this is just outrageous information.

Turky is not athletic and josh howard has the lowest 4th quarter scoring average among 6-7 guys with 2 functioning legs and has been ON THE SLIDE for about THREE YEARS NOW!!!  :-O

Screw the lid back on the jar and step away from the keyboard

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

To get Battier it would have to be either JON & Quis or JON & Bradley.

Battier would be a good defender and 3-pt threat off the bench.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigbird1111. Show Bigbird1111's posts

I like Battier better then Prince only because he shoots the 3 ball at a higher percentage.  Although Prince is a terrific defender n slasher.  Its a tough one I would take either one n be quite happy.  Both are vets who want to win and win now.  I like Battier tactics when covering Kobe and Lebron.  He uses his hand to face gaurd when both elevate over him.