Shaq a total disappointment

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Shaq a total disappointment

does he offer anything next year? This year, all the PR stuff but no game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Re: Shaq a total disappointment

In Response to Shaq a total disappointment:
    [QUOTE]does he offer anything next year? This year, all the PR stuff but no game.
    Posted by sday4x4[/QUOTE]

You got what you paid for...well, at least Danny did.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

it was not shaqs fault danny depended on him to return 100% healthy....hes giving us what hes got and hes not even 50% healthy, hes obviously hurting....
    i respect that hes giving us his all

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

What happened to the Shaq bandwagon? First you all said what a great addition he was until January then you're all just waiting for his big return in the playoffs and now you're all saying he was never any good for the Celtics to begin with. The real reason he's a flop is because he was meant to back up Perkins, but there's no more Perkins so nobody to back up. There is only one mess up the Celtics did this year and that was to trade your starting center, and now you see what you got left. See ya in 20 years. What a bunch of mess ups the Celtics are. They can't so anything right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

I think you are wrong about heart, if he had no heart he would have mailed it in after the injury 5 minutes after his return. And anyone can see he is playing the limited minutes he has in the last two games in pain.

As for the half of your question, I don't think Shaq will be back, here or anywhere else in the NBA, he gave it a go this season and I think he found out his heart is still there but his body has since betrayed him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq a total disappointment:
    [QUOTE]I think you are wrong about heart, if he had no heart he would have mailed it in after the injury 5 minutes after his return. And anyone can see he is playing the limited minutes he has in the last two games in pain. As for the half of your question, I don't think Shaq will be back, here or anywhere else in the NBA, he gave it a go this season and I think he found out his heart is still there but his body has since betrayed him.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

And Fat Shaq betrayed DA and the C's fans...he collected his sorry paycheck for doing practically nothing.

I told you guys you'd be lucky to get any significant time out of him, but you sunshine pumpers kept staring through those green colored glasses and saw a mirage...that 18th banner.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

1825. LOL!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I agree with Allen and 5.  The fact that Shaq is out there right now says his heart is very much in it.  He's the oldest player in the league, isn't he?  I empathize with him greatly.  It $ucks to have your body remind you that it's old when you've lived your life defying your age.  But lest we get a short memory, he had a LOT to do with our fast start this season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I think you are wrong about heart, if he had no heart he would have mailed it in after the injury 5 minutes after his return. And anyone can see he is playing the limited minutes he has in the last two games in pain. As for the half of your question, I don't think Shaq will be back, here or anywhere else in the NBA, he gave it a go this season and I think he found out his heart is still there but his body has since betrayed him.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

I agree with you that Shaq will most likely retire after this season.  He was still effective at the beginning of the season and if he hadn't been injured would probably still be able to play. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

[QUOTE]What happened to the Shaq bandwagon? First you all said what a great addition he was until January then you're all just waiting for his big return in the playoffs and now you're all saying he was never any good for the Celtics to begin with. The real reason he's a flop is because he was meant to back up Perkins, but there's no more Perkins so nobody to back up. There is only one mess up the Celtics did this year and that was to trade your starting center, and now you see what you got left. See ya in 20 years. What a bunch of mess ups the Celtics are. They can't so anything right.
    Posted by lakersavenger[/QUOTE]

WEll, Lakers Lost: we already made it farther than the cheap shot 2011 Lakers, and IF we lose to the Heat well do so with class. With our Jerseys ON. Artest and Bynum should be charged with assault like I would if I just punched an opponent in the face because theyre winning. The Laker Lost are devoid of class and by all rights should be in lockup. Bye Bye Lakers LOST!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shaq a total disappointment : WEll, Lakers Lost: we already made it farther than the cheap shot 2011 Lakers, and IF we lose to the Heat well do so with class. With our Jerseys ON. Artest and Bynum should be charged with assault like I would if I just punched an opponent in the face because theyre winning. The Laker Lost are devoid of class and by all rights should be in lockup. Bye Bye Lakers LOST!
    Posted by DeweyCBoston[/QUOTE]

LAKERS LOST and COMITTED ASSAULTS on opposition to retaliate, so stylish.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

Id be lying if I said Im not disappointed by his play, but he is injured and 38, it happens.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

other than a hard foul, I don't know what he can give.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]He was low risk high reward. It did not cost the Cs(money wise) much so it was worth the risk. IF the big fella could have remained healthy, like at the start of the year, we would not be having this discussion. He tried, the Cs tried, maybe he has one more magical game in him to help the Cs get another game at the Garden.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Yes, he was low risk and helped when he was healthy.  Shaq gave us all he could but at his age, playing miles (somewhat like KG), and weight - he just wasn't going to last.

The players lost yesterday and it was their execution faults that lost the game.  However, its Danny's decision to rely on a 39 year old, oft injured, overweight center + another center who was out with knee surgery.   That was simply wrong of him and put us in a situation where we have to play Miami's game vs a stronger post up game.  JON is not capable of playing all game and posting up on offense anymore.  KG has never been that guy, and Shaq was injured.  Krstic was always a jump shooter.  So, Danny simply did not get an athletic big man.   

So, I don't call Shaq a disappointment - he gave all he had and Danny is at fault for putting the team in the position of relying on him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

How do you blame a player for an injury?  Unless it was out of stupidity or carelessness.

Shaq was far better than I thought he would be for us... then he got hurt...

Happens to young players too..

He made a big difference to our team but its too bad his injury shelved him so long... I dont know if its all related to age... an achilles injury doesnt care how old you are.. and frankly, 39 isnt so old he couldnt recover... its not like hes in his 50's.. it was just a tough injury and his size and the Celtic medics arent the greatest imo

If we reversed the Perk /Green trade, would we be better off? I dont know but I know from what I see from Perk... we're not missing much... other than we need another body in the 5 ... 

Bottom line though came right out of DA's mouth... saying he was banking on Shaq playing for us.....  he buried himself saying that cause it was a miscalculation... prob got the poor advice from the incompetent Celtic medical staff

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

You all loved the  signing  last summer when you thought the former Laker would help lead you to another  banner!  I was ready to see him leave the Lakers after he conveniently postponed surgery on his toe in 2003 until the season almost started.  Cs fans now finally understand his mantra of "I got hurt on company time, I'm gonna heal on company time". 

And what's all this "We'll lose with class?"  I'd think that one of the few things that Lakers and Cs fans could agree on is that, when you have a very good team, anything  short of a championship is a disappointment.  Don't try to salvage it with "losing with class".  Lakers didn't lose "with class", fine.  I don't care.  The L.A. fans and media and Dr. Buss don't settle for mediocrity, so we'll be back soon.  Want to follow us?  Then stop imitating Jazz or Blazers or Nuggets fans...they all talk about character and class, and they also perenially talk about "next year".   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Shaqs body betrayed him. Its not a matter of heart because he could easily just sit out and not play. 

Can't run away from father time forever. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Shaq gave you all he had. It was Danny Ainges fault for thinking he would be able to fill the shoes of Kendrick Perkins.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from robomanor. Show robomanor's posts

Time to be a fan

C'mon folks it's true fan time. We upset them tomorrow on their home floor, win at home and anything can happen in game 7.
    Is there any other way to think about it.
    Go Celtics