Shaq Looks to B a Born-Again C.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Shaq Looks to B a Born-Again C.

In Response to Re: Shaq Looks to B a Born-Again C.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shaq Looks to B a Born-Again C. : Yes, let's judge a team's quality by it's backup center.  Hilarious.
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

You think that's hilarious? You saying that the Lakers will play all 82 games with only 3 big men, Gasol, Odom, and Bynum? 

Right now the Lakers will be without Bynum for the first 2 months of the season. I don't think Phil Jackson will let Gasol and Odom play 48 minutes every game until Bynum returns. 

If you believe Gasol and Odom will never get injured this season then I think you're right, who needs a backup Center. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]" Old age are prone to injuries." Yes we will struggle with some injuries, it's a risk. But youth and relative inexperience is a risk too. And injuries don't just happen to the older players. Dwayne Wade, now in the middle range - is injured right now. Not Shaq. Dwade. So the injury risks are not unique to the Celts. Our team has good depth and a really nice team spirit.  Also, you're more likely to get injured if you don't stay in a good offseason regimen. That's why Shaq's fitness is heartening. Let's see how they do and then we can pass judgement. Right now, anyone who doesn't see that Shaq has brought new life to this time is, frankly, not paying attention. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]
    A. dwade got hurt chasing rick hamilton in the first preseason game
    B. its a pulled hammy, not a big deal, will be ready opening night
    C. wade has played in 79 & 77 games the last 2 years respectively...
    D. shaq is and almost always has been, injury prone...and has proven to be a cancer in the locker room before...not saying he will be here...but that is the risk you take

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shaq Looks to B a Born-Again C. : A. dwade got hurt chasing rick hamilton in the first preseason game B. its a pulled hammy, not a big deal, will be ready opening night C. wade has played in 79 & 77 games the last 2 years respectively... D. shaq is and almost always has been, injury prone...and has proven to be a cancer in the locker room before...not saying he will be here...but that is the risk you take
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

Hammys are funny things.  Manny Ramirez spent time on the DL 8 years in a row for a pulled hammy.  Wade is only 25, so it is probably nothing, but to just say, "not a big deal" is a little arrogant, don't you think?  For the fact is, you don't know!
    We don't need Shaq to play 82 games, we need him healthy and ready for the playoffs, end of story!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]Noooo!!!!! Now we have Miami fans here..WHY??? Its weird how Laker and Heat fans stay on a CELTICS forum..
    Posted by BBALLIQ[/QUOTE]
    because i live in massachusetts and my job doesnt grant me access to a whole lot of sites except BDC but have been rooting for the heat since 1989...so dont go using that bandwagon number on me

but on the bright side...i hate the lakers and the celtics are meh, whatever in my book

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CK57. Show CK57's posts

[QUOTE]As far as I'm concerned the Celtics have a bigger chance of raising Banner #18 with Shaq as to the Lakers chances of getting their 17th championship with Theo Ratliff as the backup Center. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Paranoid much?

I love how you continue to insist that Theo is the Lakers b/u center when you know full well that that job belongs to Pau. I also love how you like to stretch Drew's scheduled return from 1 month in to the regular season to 2 months.

I understand that tinkering with reality makes you feel better about what might happen this season to the Celtics precious 17-16 advantage over the Lakers, but you're not fooling anyone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shaq Looks to B a Born-Again C. : Paranoid much? I love how you continue to insist that Theo is the Lakers b/u center when you know full well that that job belongs to Pau. I also love how you like to stretch Drew's scheduled return from 1 month in to the regular season to 2 months. I understand that tinkering with reality makes you feel better about what might happen this season to the Celtics precious 17-16 advantage over the Lakers, but you're not fooling anyone.
    Posted by CK57[/QUOTE]

Okay, listen very closely.  710 ESPN radio, Los Angeles said Andrew Bynum will be out until the end of November.  That means Odom starts.  Fisher, koME, Artest, Odom and Gasol.  How can he be his own backup?  Or better yet, let's have Caracter be the back-up to Gasol..............
    Ratliff is the backup center, Gasol is the starting center......next thing you'll try to tell us Matt Barnes is a Power Forward....oh yeah, you already tried that.

"Matt Barnes is taking Josh Powell's roster spot. "- CK57

Love how you guys know your own team.  He may be taking his roster spot, but he is not taking his minutes.  And since Phil basically said if Bynum gets hurt again, he will be a bench player, I guess that makes Gasol THE center on your team for the immediate future..........KG is drooling!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

birdCow,

bdc's hiding your posts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shaq Looks to B a Born-Again C. : Paranoid much? I love how you continue to insist that Theo is the Lakers b/u center when you know full well that that job belongs to Pau. I also love how you like to stretch Drew's scheduled return from 1 month in to the regular season to 2 months. I understand that tinkering with reality makes you feel better about what might happen this season to the Celtics precious 17-16 advantage over the Lakers, but you're not fooling anyone.
    Posted by CK57[/QUOTE]

The season starts on Oct. 26 and Bynum will return on December, October to December is only 1 month?

You keep saying that Gasol is the backup Center. If what you're saying is only Gasol, Bynum, and Odom are the only bigs that will play all 82 games then that's so cool!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

<blockquote> Paranoid much?

I love how you continue to insist that Theo is the Lakers b/u center when you know full well that that job belongs to Pau. I also love how you like to stretch Drew's scheduled return from 1 month in to the regular season to 2 months.

I understand that tinkering with reality makes you feel better about what might happen this season to the Celtics precious 17-16 advantage over the Lakers, but you're not fooling anyone.</blockquote />

Uhh, if Gasol is playing center and Odom is playing forward? Who is the center or forward for the 2nd unit? Theo Ratliff and Drew Naymick? I'd expect quite a  drop in production When that 2nd unit comes in. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

[QUOTE]The Celtics have 2 O'Neals, what are the chances that both of them will get hurt at the same time. Worst case scenario the Celtics end up using Erden until Perk comes back.  Do some of you guys really believe that the Celtics are better off having Theo Ratliff and Derrick Caracter as backup Centers? 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Caracter is a Power Forward.
    Bynum/Gasol/Ratliff are just as good if not better then the Celtics Centers of Perk/O'Neal/O'Neal

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

[QUOTE]" Old age are prone to injuries." Yes we will struggle with some injuries, it's a risk. But youth and relative inexperience is a risk too. And injuries don't just happen to the older players. Dwayne Wade, now in the middle range - is injured right now. Not Shaq. Dwade. So the injury risks are not unique to the Celts. Our team has good depth and a really nice team spirit.  Also, you're more likely to get injured if you don't stay in a good offseason regimen. That's why Shaq's fitness is heartening. Let's see how they do and then we can pass judgement. Right now, anyone who doesn't see that Shaq has brought new life to this time is, frankly, not paying attention. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Shaq always brings vitality and life to a new team initially. When he left LA it certainly wasn't an amenable parting of the ways {at least on his part.} He had all kinds of "shots" to take at various people there. When he left Miami there were no crocodile tears being cryed by any of the players or coaches. Again, he took a multitude of "pot shots" at various people there {after he'd completely quit on their team.} I didn't get the feeling that anyone in either Phoenix or Cleveland were going to "jump off a bridge" after Shaq left.............If he is still so good how come no one was willing to ante up any money for him this year? I think Shaq is 100% about Shaq. JMO 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shaq Looks to B a Born-Again C. :            Shaq always brings vitality and life to a new team initially. When he left LA it certainly wasn't an amenable parting of the ways {at least on his part.} He had all kinds of "shots" to take at various people there. When he left Miami there were no crocodile tears being cryed by any of the players or coaches. Again, he took a multitude of "pot shots" at various people there {after he'd completely quit on their team.} I didn't get the feeling that anyone in either Phoenix or Cleveland were going to "jump off a bridge" after Shaq left.............If he is still so good how come no one was willing to ante up any money for him this year? I think Shaq is 100% about Shaq. JMO 
    Posted by walton[/QUOTE]

Atlanta offered the full MLE but Shaq declined. 

Right now Shaq is not so good, just good enough to help the Celtics win. For the vet's minimum of 1.3m per year how can you complain, it's not like the Celtics gave Shaq a 5m per year contract. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In Response to Shaq Looks to B a Born-Again C.:
    [QUOTE]Seeing Shaq in a Celtic uniform tonight in the 1st pre-season game, Man, it looks like he was born to wear a Celtic uniform. He got up and down the court pretty well too. And Rondo gave us a preview of what he and Shaq will be doing all season in the lane. A big guy, with soft hands, who can finish. What's not to like.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

dude , if RAY can only teach SHAQ how to shoot fouls it would

be awesome , indeed.....that "shot-put" method is ugly...

"THE TURK" has a nice rhythm...maybe SHAQ should watch

" THE TURK"  shoot'em...somebody must help both SHAQ &  RONDO

if C'S are to win #18 this year.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shaq Looks to B a Born-Again C. : because i live in massachusetts and my job doesnt grant me access to a whole lot of sites except BDC but have been rooting for the heat since 1989...so dont go using that bandwagon number on me but on the bright side...i hate the lakers and the celtics are meh, whatever in my book
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

uh....dude...under "AMERICAN LAW"...you can search for sites "at home"...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]birdCow, bdc's hiding your posts.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

Kind of ironic isn't it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from larrykevinchief. Show larrykevinchief's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shaq Looks to B a Born-Again C. : Atlanta offered the full MLE but Shaq declined.  Right now Shaq is not so good, just good enough to help the Celtics win. For the vet's minimum of 1.3m per year how can you complain, it's not like the Celtics gave Shaq a 5m per year contract. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I thought ATL offered 4 mill?  Either way a good signing for the Celtics, and he will help this year

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Shaq still wants to prove he's one of the greatest, and he has limited time or options to do it, the Celtics were the obvious choice.

He had to listen to Kobe after game seven say "That's one more than Shaq, one less than Michael." Oh yeah, you know he heard that message loud and clear.

He had to listen to Miami, miami, MIAMI all offseason. The team HE helped bring a Championship.

He had to listen to people wondering if he was a better pickup than BRAD MILLER!

He listened to a fair amount of people try to blame a large part of Cleve's failures on him, especially last season.

All that did was put 2 teams squarely in his crosshairs: LA nd Miami. In Shaq's fantasy world, the Cs dispatch Miami in the Eastern Finals, then handle LA in the Finals. He'll make hilariously funny comments about Kobe (tell me how my a** tastes) Lebron, Bosh (Miami has a good duo - Lebron and Wade) and Wade, and then probably retire.

I think Shaq will be rejuvinated. Now, at this point, rejuvinated, to me, means maybe 15/10 before Perk, 12/8 after. Decent D, and the intimidating force that's been missing in the middle.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"think Shaq will be rejuvinated. Now, at this point, rejuvinated, to me, means maybe 15/10 before Perk, 12/8 after. Decent D, and the intimidating force that's been missing in the middle."

As a Celtics fan, I hope so....but

I remember when Larry King keeps marrying young hot babes to rejuvenate
    his libido, he changed wifes as fast as he can changed his underwear.

Nothing works, the problem was not the young hot babes he married but his undiserable age, psychic and stamina.
    You can't rejuvenated old age. Once's you get old, downhill from there.
    Your mind tricks you.
    You can't relate entering the playground of the youngs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]  "think Shaq will be rejuvinated. Now, at this point, rejuvinated, to me, means maybe 15/10 before Perk, 12/8 after. Decent D, and the intimidating force that's been missing in the middle." As a Celtics fan, I hope so....but I remember when Larry King keeps marrying young hot babes to rejuvenate his libido, he changed wifes as fast as he can changed his underwear. Nothing works, the problem was not the young hot babes he married but his undiserable age, psychic and stamina. You can't rejuvenated old age. Once's you get old, downhill from there. Your mind tricks you. You can't relate entering the playground of the youngs.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Unlike Larry King the Celtics will not marry Shaq. The Celtics are currently married to Kendrick Perkins and Jermaine O'Neal. Shaq is only a mistress, so to speak. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Well, this thread began with the 1st pre-season game, and here it is the last pre-season game, and Shaq was absolutely magnificent tonight.

He was like a g@d-d@mmed ballerina out there, spinning on one foot along the baseline, taking inlet passes and finishing, dunking, and make several fantastic outlet passes that lead to easy hoops for Rondo or Paul.

If there was ever a doubt about who would be the starting center he has laid that to rest with his outstanding play.

He truly seems to be born-again, and if he can only stay healthy and stay on the court he will be deal-breaker, match-maker,  & difference maker for the C's.

I only hope Perk is watching and learning from this master on how effective a big man can be with a passing game and the ability to finish.

And the personality he brings to this team -- as Mike Gorman said, Shaq is not a breath of fresh air, he's a gale of fresh air. 

I can hardly wait to the interview he did with Tommy for Monday's Basketball Show.  I know already he say's, "You don't have to worry about the Big Shamrock showing up, I'm going to be the black Tommy Henishon."

Shaq-a-matic!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Shaq is playing well. Kareem was still good at 38, why not Shaq.
        I'm concerned about the other O'neil more. I hope he's ready by next Tuesday. Apparently he's still having trouble with the pulled quad he injured early in training camp. That may explain for some of his difficulties dunking the last game he played a week or so ago.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

Shaq as good as Kareem at the same age of 38? Lmao!

Kareem had an unstoppable sky hook, Shaq can't hit a barn door from three feet. Shaq dines on Kreme donuts, Kareem treated his body like a temple.

Shaq is nothing more than than someone who once achieved greatness but is now trying to turn back the clock just so he can equal Kobe. Hell, he dosen't care about the celtics! Google how he grew up a Laker and Magic Johnson fan! Fact is Shaq is a step above Perk and JO but that's not saying much. I have no respect for someone who was a great Laker player but then prostitutes himself by joining the Celtics for no other reason than "I gotta catch Kobe"!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

A 38-year old Shaq is wayyyyyyyyyy better than a 37-year old Theo Ratliff.

The Lakers have a losing preseason record even if Pau Gasol is playing close to 30 minutes per game. Reason for that is beyond 5 feet Theo can't score.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

.....I hope he is the NBA Finals MVP........