Shaq: 'Rasheed is thinking of coming back'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Shaq: 'Rasheed is thinking of coming back'

http://www.csnne.com/08/07/10/The-return-of-Sheed-Shaq-thinks-so/v1_landing_celtics.html?blockID=285722&feedID=3945

hmmm... I'd kinda rather trade him for a SF

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Shaq: 'Rasheed is thinking of coming back'

no kidding!!!!  i hope he re-thinks it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

doesn't really matter for me. I'd welcome him back. You can never have enough bigs. On the other hand we could use a wing player but who is willing to trade for one...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i would hate to see another season go down the tubes for davis playing behind a muddled rotation at the 4/5 involving sheed.  to put it frankly, sheed was okay in the playoffs but constantly battling a bad back and an even worse mouth with the refs. 

sheed BARELY raked himself together for that playoff run, during which he had a few great moments and some good ones.  think of him one year further down the road with the same bad back and the same bad conditioning habits.

i'd rather not see that in green for 82 games plus the playoffs.  unless they came up with some sort of low impact training routine for him to adhere to and then work him in the last 25 games to game shape.  chances  of that much hard work by sheed?  they have to be low.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

I agree I would rather him  retire and grab another wing, but really, ill give you that he took the regular season off but he showed up in the playoffs and especially game 7 of the Finals. he gave us everything he had in that game in my eyes!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I wasn't able to hear Shaq's recording very well. However I also wish that Sheed would retire. He had some good games in the playoffs, but during the regular season he was more of a negative than a positive.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq: 'Rasheed is thinking of coming back':
    [QUOTE]doesn't really matter for me. I'd welcome him back. You can never have enough bigs. On the other hand we could use a wing player but who is willing to trade for one...
    Posted by MichBelgium[/QUOTE]

We learned that the hard way last year...as long as the Celts don't keep his contract if he retires, I'll be happy...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

If he'd get his sorry butt in shape and be ready to play limited minutes the entire season I'd welcome Sheed back:  an in shape, well conditioned Sheed would be a huge asset.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from santafesino. Show santafesino's posts

there were people close to the nba fishing near Santa Fe, Argentina. I anticipate! Sheed will return

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I don't know guys. I think that Sheed returning could be a really good thing. The depth and versatility on C's front court would be incredible. I would even go so far as to say that it would be one of the most intimidating front courts in NBA history. Apparently, DAnny Ainge believed that Boston was fine at the 2. Why else would he draft a backup(Bradley) to the backup pg(Robinson)? I would have drafted James Anderson or Damion James myself.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

It's not suprising that the Shaq signing might encourage Sheed to come back...because now he knows that, even with Perk out, he won't be stuck doing all the rebounding - the 2 ONeals can take care of that department. Sheed and Shaq can then have a loafing contest during the regular season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveStigmatic. Show SteveStigmatic's posts

I know we talk about the regular season habits of SHeed, but we all know the team of last year was built for the playoffs.

I would really like the idea of trading his contract for Battier of Houstone since there is a log jam of SF for that team..and then mid-way through the season Sheed "re-thinks" his retirement and comes back well rested and ready for the playoffs.

There is the fantasy option of Sheed getting traded to Detriot for Prince, that way he can retire where he won his ring.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Shaq + Rasheed + Robinson + Pierce + Garnett + Ray + JO + Perk + Rondo
     = CH3NO2 nitromethane !!

You guys are looking for trouble.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]If he'd get his sorry butt in shape and be ready to play limited minutes the entire season I'd welcome Sheed back:  an in shape, well conditioned Sheed would be a huge asset.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with you.  I only want Rasheed back if he is in shape.  We really need another SF. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Our SF options are fine.

Anthony Randolph / Lamar Odom type at SF - K.G. can handle that.

Lebron / Artest type at SF - Pierce can handle that

Wilson Chandler / Danny Granger type at SF - Marquis Daniels can handle that.

Andre Iguadala / Nick Young  type at SF - Von Wafer can handle that.

We should sign Harangody, too.

I think Luke can guard the Leon Powe's, Tyrus Thomas', Marvin Williams of the world.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

I think it would be great...put Sheed in the PF position and he'll be much better than in the 5 spot he played last season. Thats about 30 fouls that can be delivered in the 4 and 5 spot that will wear other than teams out. Come back Sheed!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

The year that KG was MVP of the all star game, and was first team all NBA -2003, he played small forward. With the wealth of big men that the Celtics have, he may spend some time at small forward this year to give Pierce a breather.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

Rasheed is more valuable to the Cs as a trade chip. This nonsense from the O'Neals about wanting him back isn't too well thought out on their part. THEY'LL lose playing time. And, unless their plan is to play about one quarter each, that doesn't make sense. Plus, I don't think Doc and Danny would have re-upped if Wallace with all of his negativity were returning.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

will we not learn....who do you think was the biggest off court problem-child in the locker room.SHEED....who was the most embarrassing problem-child on the court ....SHEED....

do we forget his disgusting act towards DOC on national tv....go back and look at the GLOBE photo the day after that game,  and look at the  faces of KG & PP........

SHEED BETRAYED THE C'S LAST YEAR , NO WAY SHOULD HE RETURN TO SPREAD HIS CANCER WITHIN "UBUNTU".......  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]will we not learn....who do you think was the biggest off court problem-child in the locker room.SHEED....who was the most embarrassing problem-child on the court ....SHEED.... do we forget his discusting act towards DOC on national tv .... go back and look at the GGLOBE photo the day after that game,  and look at the  faces of KG & PP........ SHEED BETRAYED THE C'S LAST YEAR , NO WAY SHOULD HE RETURN TO SPREAD HIS CANCER WITHIN "UBUNTU".......  
    Posted by binbones[/QUOTE]

I second the motion!!
    BUM SHEED -- LEARN YOUR LESSON PLEASE!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Some of you guys are sure coming down hard on Sheed. We all know during the regular season that he didn't hustle a significant amount of the time, but being a cancer to the team and other such comments is going too far I think.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]will we not learn....who do you think was the biggest off court problem-child in the locker room.SHEED....who was the most embarrassing problem-child on the court ....SHEED.... do we forget his disgusting act towards DOC on national tv .... go back and look at the GLOBE photo the day after that game,  and look at the  faces of KG & PP........ SHEED BETRAYED THE C'S LAST YEAR , NO WAY SHOULD HE RETURN TO SPREAD HIS CANCER WITHIN "UBUNTU".......  
    Posted by binbones[/QUOTE]

I don't think Sheed apologized for that disgusting selfish outburst in Doc's face with his words, but with his actions afterward.

So I'll forgive him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Bin bones,

I think that  you may be overstating your case just a little. The boys wanted him back. Sheed knew that he was brought in for the play-offs and he played that way.  I certainly swore at the TV set more than once. 

Doc played the second half of the year to get KG and Pierce healthy. There was a lot of speculation on this board about the cancer thing during the year. It turns out that while Sheed did not play at full speed during the regular season, it was Doc that decided to play for health and not wins.

We tended to beat good teams and tended to lose to bad teams. The guys would get up for most of the good teams, and Sheed did coast when playing bad teams. During the play-offs, Sheed did give everything he had to give.

As it turns out, his agent now says that he will retire. Either way, you get your wish.

25. This post has been removed.