Shaq Ready for Game 3

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Shaq Ready for Game 3

OK, Doc just told the media that Shaq will play in Game 3. I suppose it doesn't matter now if the guy is ready or not, they are out of time with him.

So...does The Diesel make a difference on Saturday or is he just a token presence?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Re: Shaq Ready for Game 3

Game 3 will reveal everything. I'm anxious. I hope for the improbable to happen,
    get some life and faith back in this series. If we could overcome this then...
    The playoffs aren't worth watching without the C's. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Shaq Ready for Game 3:
    [QUOTE]OK, Doc just told the media that Shaq will play in Game 3. I suppose it doesn't matter now if the guy is ready or not, they are out of time with him. So...does The Diesel make a difference on Saturday or is he just a token presence?
    Posted by cshashaty[/QUOTE]

Shaq will make a difference. The big guy opens the floor for Rondo to penetrate and Rondo and dish to Shaq for the dunk. No one on Miami can stop that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Shaq Ready for Game 3:
    [QUOTE]OK, Doc just told the media that Shaq will play in Game 3. I suppose it doesn't matter now if the guy is ready or not, they are out of time with him. So...does The Diesel make a difference on Saturday or is he just a token presence?
    Posted by cshashaty[/QUOTE]

If he is at least 80% he makes a big difference. Hard screens to Free Allen. He forces Miami's big men to stay at home if Rondo beats Bibby off the dribble. Can get us points in the paint as a post up threat. Has Hard fouls to deter Wade and Lebron from driving.

he's a moral boost after what happened the last two games.

Also, it forces the Heat to keep Big Z in the game, a liability because Joel Anthony who has killed us with his help defense cannot guard Shaq at 6'9''. 

If we have a chnace in this series I think this is it. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

also one other note. The celtics at the beginning of the year were +18 with a linep of Shaq, KG, Pierce, Alen and Rondo on the floor. It was best in the NBA.

Of course we were +15 or something with the same lineup and baby at center for much of the year, one of the bests in the NBA so take it for what it's worth I guess. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

6 hard fouls to give.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

we shall see....i hope its not too late...if he was there in game 1 it would have been big but after the Heat got their confidence and swag back against us it may be too late for Shaq to make a difference.

bottom line is Shaq is only one man, albiet a big one and the other guys still have to play much better...its not like ok, Shaq is here, we just show up and get a W.  Most people keep saying we only need 10 minutes from him so what do we do the other 38 minutes???  just get pounded again?!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq Ready for Game 3:
    [QUOTE]we shall see....i hope its not too late...if he was there in game 1 it would have been big but after the Heat got their confidence and swag back against us it may be too late for Shaq to make a difference. bottom line is Shaq is only one man, albiet a big one and the other guys still have to play much better...its not like ok, Shaq is here, we just show up and get a W.  Most people keep saying we only need 10 minutes from him so what do we do the other 38 minutes???  just get pounded again?!
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Hopefully more than 10 minutes a game. We need a post threat to score. The heat have murdered us when Joel Anthony is on the floor. Not sure why exactly that is, it's just worked out when they heat have gone small they have pulled away. 

Joel Anthony is 6'9'' if Shaq is out there in the second unit he gets abused. Guarding Shaq at center is not the same thing as guarding Big Baby at Center. 

it's a big matchup advantage for us and right now we don't have many matchup advantages.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Doc's comments were not reassuring. He said Shaq would practice and will be fine unless he can get hurt walking.  This seemed to be saying Shaq and what he can give at this point is limited.  It is a shame because with him the series is reversed or 1 and 1.  We can even do it without him if we can get our mojo back. These guys are that good so no one forget that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Can't hurt to hope right? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shaq Ready for Game 3 : Hopefully more than 10 minutes a game. We need a post threat to score. The heat have murdered us when Joel Anthony is on the floor. Not sure why exactly that is, it's just worked out when they heat have gone small they have pulled away.  Joel Anthony is 6'9'' if Shaq is out there in the second unit he gets abused. Guarding Shaq at center is not the same thing as guarding Big Baby at Center.  it's a big matchup advantage for us and right now we don't have many matchup advantages.  
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]have been saying for awhile. SHAQ will be the difference. doc played this perfectly! if not ready to go now, forget it. i would start him and go 20 minutes. just staanding there he will draw fouls and intimidate both wade and bron. they already know him from practices and so on. if we win the ring, shaq should get a statue and his number retired! put shaq in LA and kobe is cruising in these playoffs. heck if shaq could go to dallas rather than boston for game 3, kobe has the victory. he's the big difference maker. i c a10+ point  victory in game 3 for the celts. game 4 will be within 5. either way if shawq goes, we will be 2-2 with all the pressure on miami for game 5.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I guess we need to take a page out of Phillys book...atleast they were competing with the Heat.  lets see eagledollar didnt really score until game 4 or so....Brand was a beast inside and Holliday kept coming at them all day and keeping the tempo fast paced.

They gave problems to the heat when they had to help inside and we have no low post presence, I credit Doc for telling Baby to post up last game but he was outmatched somehow by Anthony...smdh

So if we can get them to double Shaq, it gives ray some looks and Rondo has got to keep his foot on the pedal all game....we'll see, its def a winnable series but the C's are doubting themselves ,,IMO...they need to go back and watch what they did in the earlier games this year...Also, we need West to have a mentalilty like jason Terry and stop being tentative and score more!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]Doc's comments were not reassuring. He said Shaq would practice and will be fine unless he can get hurt walking.  This seemed to be saying Shaq and what he can give at this point is limited.  It is a shame because with him the series is reversed or 1 and 1.  We can even do it without him if we can get our mojo back. These guys are that good so no one forget that.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

thats NOT what he said. he said shaq would play barring a setback during practice. he said hes not sure how much they wanna put him thru, bc they wanna limit his post practice soreness..and he said idk how much is too much, then JOKED, "walking on the floor could be too much."

Shaq says hes playing, Ed Lacerte says hes playing,  Doc says hes playing. i think hes playing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Jamez thanks for getting it right.  My point is I don't know how much we can get from him.  The big four and some guys on the bench can get it done if they come to play.