Shaq Setback Rumor Unfounded!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Shaq Setback Rumor Unfounded!

Shaq did not have another setback.

The setback Jackie referred to today is the previous setback  where Shaq received a cortisone shot about a week or so ago.

I'm afraid someone misheard or misinterpreted what Jackie said.

Listen for yourself and you be the judge.  It's a good interview.

http://audio.weei.com/a/38586174/jackie-macmullan-espn.htm
    #

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Re: Shaq Setback Rumor Unfounded!

In Response to Shaq Setback Rumor Unfounded!:
    [QUOTE]Shaq did not have another setback. The setback Jackie referred to today is the previous setback  where Shaq received a cortisone shot about a week or so ago . I'm afraid someone misheard or misinterpreted what Jackie said. Listen for yourself and you be the judge.  It's a good interview. http://audio.weei.com/a/38586174/jackie-macmullan-espn.htm #
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

So what your telling me is there is a chance?  Laughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Thanks for clearing this up, RR.  Important information.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq Setback Rumor Unfounded!:
    [QUOTE]
    Yep. Unfortunetly it still doesn't mean he will be back anytime soon.

Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

-

As far as I know, he's expected back on the 5th.

Although the cortisone shot was not good news, I believe it was after that, that the comeback was set for April 5th.

But what difference does it make, the 5th, the 8th, or Game One of the playoffs.

As long as he can play throughout the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Good luck to the Big Donut!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

lol thats why wen i see a claim on this board i immediately look online to confirm it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

A cortisone shot may be a setback but it would also indicate they are trying to get him back on the floor.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Shaq Setback Rumor Unfounded!:
    [QUOTE]Shaq did not have another setback. The setback Jackie referred to today is the previous setback  where Shaq received a cortisone shot about a week or so ago . I'm afraid someone misheard or misinterpreted what Jackie said. Listen for yourself and you be the judge.  It's a good interview. http://audio.weei.com/a/38586174/jackie-macmullan-espn.htm #
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

Still, Ainge is no longer sticking to the timetable:

“I don’t have any idea,” Celtics general manager Danny Ainge said after watching the workout by O’Neal, who is attempting to recover from a sore right Achilles tendon. “It could be a week or two weeks.

“I watched him work out, and he’s starting to do things on the court. We’re just still not sure of when he’s going to come back.:"

That's from the herald today:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1327298&format=text

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Anyway, I think he'll play in the playoffs no matter what. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Again, there's little chance we see him prior to the playoffs, even if he's healthy.  If what we're hearing about the alleged 4/5 return of Shaq is to be trusted, then it's literally the fourth time they have listed a "return date" for Shaq.  Why do we continue to buy it?  Sit him until the playoffs start.  The C's will not win the east, and most likely they're going to land the 3 seed anyway.  If they don't take the 1 seed, it really doesn't matter what seed they get; they're going to have to win on the road with limited play from the big men.  Sound familiar?

And at this point, it's fast becoming a moot point. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakers1257. Show lakers1257's posts

Honest opinon from a knowledgeable Lakers fan...

Once Shaq comes back the Celtics will be hard to beat.  It's the only frontcourt that could outsize the Lakers.  The Celtics going into a tailspin isn't a big deal and all the boston fans crying is premature IMO.

The Celtics with a healthy Shaq playing 20-25 a game against us is the only thing that can prevent the Lakers from winning even when we're at full strength.  It's hard to see that when you see you team losing at the moment, but the celtics aren't playing with that playoff intensity and aggression we're accustomed to seeing.  That will come back come playoff time.

When LA was reeling before the All-Star break I wasn't worried because we were getting beat because of lack of intensity and I knew once we regained the intensity and aggression, we are hard to beat.

Shaq is a tough matchup for the Lakers.  If you've watched the two games we had against the Cavs last year you saw the havoc he wrecked on our frontline.  Shaq is the trump card because of his size and ability to get our bigs in foul trouble.  If the Celtics can get him the ball in the paint, whether its a post up or whether rondo penetrates and dishes to him, he is absolutely unguardable even if he is near 40 years old, worse yet its usually an *and 1*.

Just like there's no way to teach 'length' when referring to the Laker bigs, there's no way to teach 'size'.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"But what difference does it make, the 5th, the 8th, or Game One of the playoffs."

It makes a big difference, Shaq will have some trouble playing right into game shape in the playoffs. the ideal timetable was to have him back a couple weeks prior to the playoffs. now it looks highly unlikely that will happen, despite the soothing sweet nothings of Jackie McMullen. 

other than Jackie you will see everyone else is backing off of the April 5 date. I'll be shocked if we see Shaq much before the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]Honest opinon from a knowledgeable Lakers fan... Once Shaq comes back the Celtics will be hard to beat.  It's the only frontcourt that could outsize the Lakers.  The Celtics going into a tailspin isn't a big deal and all the boston fans crying is premature IMO. The Celtics with a healthy Shaq playing 20-25 a game against us is the only thing that can prevent the Lakers from winning even when we're at full strength.  It's hard to see that when you see you team losing at the moment, but the celtics aren't playing with that playoff intensity and aggression we're accustomed to seeing.  That will come back come playoff time. When LA was reeling before the All-Star break I wasn't worried because we were getting beat because of lack of intensity and I knew once we regained the intensity and aggression, we are hard to beat. Shaq is a tough matchup for the Lakers.  If you've watched the two games we had against the Cavs last year you saw the havoc he wrecked on our frontline.  Shaq is the trump card because of his size and ability to get our bigs in foul trouble.  If the Celtics can get him the ball in the paint, whether its a post up or whether rondo penetrates and dishes to him, he is absolutely unguardable even if he is near 40 years old, worse yet its usually an *and 1*. Just like there's no way to teach 'length' when referring to the Laker bigs, there's no way to teach 'size'.
    Posted by lakers1257[/QUOTE]

That's a great post. Looking forward to the rubber match.  It'll be fun to see. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

BTS, you better take out some insurance on that Baby!

I"t makes a big difference, Shaq will have some trouble playing right into game shape in the playoffs."

-BTS

I strongly disagree.  I'm speaking about Shaq coming back versus not coming back.  As long as he's coming back it won't make a huge difference when as long as it's for Game One of the playoffs, whereas if he doesn't come back then that makes a huge difference. 

That then is when we in trouble.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

IMO, just let him sit until game one of the playoffs. That way he doesn't risk re-injury playing regular season games. Without Shaq, we aren't getting out of the second round...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]Honest opinon from a knowledgeable Lakers fan... Once Shaq comes back the Celtics will be hard to beat.  It's the only frontcourt that could outsize the Lakers.  The Celtics going into a tailspin isn't a big deal and all the boston fans crying is premature IMO. The Celtics with a healthy Shaq playing 20-25 a game against us is the only thing that can prevent the Lakers from winning even when we're at full strength.  It's hard to see that when you see you team losing at the moment, but the celtics aren't playing with that playoff intensity and aggression we're accustomed to seeing.  That will come back come playoff time. When LA was reeling before the All-Star break I wasn't worried because we were getting beat because of lack of intensity and I knew once we regained the intensity and aggression, we are hard to beat. Shaq is a tough matchup for the Lakers.  If you've watched the two games we had against the Cavs last year you saw the havoc he wrecked on our frontline.  Shaq is the trump card because of his size and ability to get our bigs in foul trouble.  If the Celtics can get him the ball in the paint, whether its a post up or whether rondo penetrates and dishes to him, he is absolutely unguardable even if he is near 40 years old, worse yet its usually an *and 1*. Just like there's no way to teach 'length' when referring to the Laker bigs, there's no way to teach 'size'.

Posted by lakers1257[/QUOTE]

-

Thanks for that fine post.

I hope the panicky types around here, the Negative Nellies, read it and adjust their attitudes accordingly.

"If" Shaq comes back, we'll be fine.