Shaq vs Kwame

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

Shaq vs Kwame

How could anyone possibly want Kwame over Shaq are you serious. The guy is GARBAGE! Let me repeat, GARBAGE! Yea Shaq can bring a circus with him and may have all these demands ( starting, salary, ect) but c'mon. Id rather have a 38 year old Shaq compared to Kwame at his best. Shaq is like Sheed at this point in his career, he turns it on when the time calls for it, i,e the playoffs......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Re: Shaq vs Kwame

In Response to Shaq vs Kwame:
    [QUOTE]How could anyone possibly want Kwame over Shaq are you serious. The guy is GARBAGE! Let me repeat, GARBAGE! Yea Shaq can bring a circus with him and may have all these demands ( starting, salary, ect) but c'mon. Id rather have a 38 year old Shaq compared to Kwame at his best. Shaq is like Sheed at this point in his career, he turns it on when the time calls for it, i,e the playoffs......
    Posted by JMichalski12[/QUOTE]

What he said!!!

But I disagree with ONE thing you said. I think Shaq played well all year long for the Cavs until "Big Bay Bay" injured his thumb.

He actually lost 20 pounds while he was out. He just wasn't the same in the playoffs because he lost his timing(rusty), and his thumb wasn't fully healed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ainge is going to get Shaq eventually. There is too much upside and chatter for both parties not to make it happen. Shaq wants to pound Miami because they wouldn't accept him back for another run. He already has a fued going with DHoward in Orlando. He sees what Kobe said about having 5 rings. No other team in the East is capable of making it to the Finals to beat the Lakers.

Shaq will come in motivated and hungry...watch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq vs Kwame:
    [QUOTE]Ainge is going to get Shaq eventually. There is too much upside and chatter for both parties not to make it happen. Shaq wants to pound Miami because they wouldn't accept him back for another run. He already has a fued going with DHoward in Orlando. He sees what Kobe said about having 5 rings. No other team in the East is capable of making it to the Finals to beat the Lakers. Shaq will come in motivated and hungry...watch.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

I hope you are correct.  And he should start!  Set the tone, then bring in the young (er)  bucks.  Nate, Wafer, Quis, BBD and Jermaine/Perk.  I like that bench with Bradley and Harangody filling out the roster.  Erdan and Sims to D-League.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Shaq hands down!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

I seen these two guys up and personal being a Laker fan. At this stage in their careers Kwame might be the better fit for the Celtics.

Why?  First, if you limit Kwame to just defense and rebounding and forget about offense, in a very structured, limited role he can help Boston. Last season Boston's achilles' was the inability to rebound, especially on the offensive end.

Second, Kwame has no ego. He just goes with the program. Yes, his hands are small, fumbles the ball a lot, and can never be counted on to score with a limited b- ball I.Q. But he can run the floor, is stronger than an ox, and doesn't demand touches.

Shaq, on the other hand, is ego-driven, has never been able to play defense (pic-n-role the guy to death), can't rebound, horrible free throw shooter (so is Kwame), and will cause the offense to stall.

And if Shaq is put on the bench, he'll be resentful, angry, and verbally lash out at times. Not a good locker-room guy. Do you think that if James wanted Shaq in Miami that Riley would not have accommodated him? It's because of the baggage Shaq brings to the table.

As picky as you Boston fans are, both these guys have issues.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]I seen these two guys up and personal being a Laker fan. At this stage in their careers Kwame might be the better fit for the Celtics. Why?  First, if you limit Kwame to just defense and rebounding and forget about offense, in a very structured, limited role he can help Boston. Last season Boston's achilles' was the inability to rebound, especially on the offensive end. Second, Kwame has no ego. He just goes with the program. Yes, his hands are small, fumbles the ball a lot, and can never be counted on to score with a limited b- ball I.Q. But he can run the floor, is stronger than an ox, and doesn't demand touches. Shaq, on the other hand, is ego-driven, has never been able to play defense (pic-n-role the guy to death), can't rebound, horrible free throw shooter (so is Kwame), and will cause the offense to stall. And if Shaq is put on the bench, he'll be resentful, angry, and verbally lash out at times. Not a good locker-room guy. Do you think that if James wanted Shaq in Miami that Riley would not have accommodated him? It's because of the baggage Shaq brings to the table. As picky as you Boston fans are, both these guys have issues.
    Posted by rsalas67m[/QUOTE]

Two words for you troll - Matt Barnes!!!

He can still sign with MIA - for the vet min.  Same thing Celtics are offering.....for the moment.  Meanwhile, you have Matt 8 teams in 8 years Barnes, "sharing" time with Ron Artest and LO.  AH.....Ron doesn't play well with others, neither does Barnes.....he thinks he should be a starter...good luck telling Artest that.

Back to Shaq - let us worry about that, you concentrate on the lakers, okay?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

[QUOTE]I seen these two guys up and personal being a Laker fan. At this stage in their careers Kwame might be the better fit for the Celtics. Why?  First, if you limit Kwame to just defense and rebounding and forget about offense, in a very structured, limited role he can help Boston. Last season Boston's achilles' was the inability to rebound, especially on the offensive end. Second, Kwame has no ego. He just goes with the program. Yes, his hands are small, fumbles the ball a lot, and can never be counted on to score with a limited b- ball I.Q. But he can run the floor, is stronger than an ox, and doesn't demand touches. Shaq, on the other hand, is ego-driven, has never been able to play defense (pic-n-role the guy to death), can't rebound, horrible free throw shooter (so is Kwame), and will cause the offense to stall. And if Shaq is put on the bench, he'll be resentful, angry, and verbally lash out at times. Not a good locker-room guy. Do you think that if James wanted Shaq in Miami that Riley would not have accommodated him? It's because of the baggage Shaq brings to the table. As picky as you Boston fans are, both these guys have issues.
    Posted by rsalas67m[/QUOTE]

I didn't know Kwame could play. If he can run and bang, then by all means get him. All we need is Greg Kite, not points. I thought he was a dog, but admit I haven't seen him much past his rookie year.

Shaq is attractive because no one is tougher, not even Perk. If he can still rebound, we can run. Rondo's off to the races and Shaq can hang back and rest.
    In the half court he gives you an inside option not available from Perk. I don't see him playing Celtic D, but IF he can rebound we'll take it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

What does signing Matt Barnes have to do with Shaq vs Kwame? Barnes is backing up Artest. Lamar plays power forward & relieves Bynum with Gasol moving over to center and vice versa. Barnes has no competition for minutes when he relieves Artest at small forward. Theo Ratliff will make it easier on Lamar.

Josh Powell and BJ Mbenga are gone. 2 rookies are what's left with Ebanks coming in as a small forward. And if Shannon Brown leaves (which I hope doesn't happen), that would leave even more minutes for Barnes.

Shaq a rebounder? Check out his statistics. He stinks! As for defense, Shaq is too lazy and at his age, will be a minus for Boston. And forget his free throw shooting. You think Rondo is bad.

As a Laker fan, I do hope that Boston signs Shaq over Kwame.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I don't think anyone here cares about Laker rotations or their opinion on who the C's should sign?   Laker website down?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think anyone here cares about Laker rotations or their opinion on who the C's should sign?   Laker website down?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I'll take kwame. Less ego. He doesn't clog up the midddle, plays much better defense, rebounds as well, runs the floor better. Won't cause problems in the locker room, over playing time or touches. Will do the dirty work setting picks and what not.

I just don't think Shaq has anyhting left to give. he had the worst +- ratio in the league last year. Opposing teams feasted on him offensively because he couldn't defend the pick and roll.

Heck in the playoffs against Cleveland our old guys had a huge speed advantage primarily because of Shaq.

Shaq is fools gold. it's a bad idea.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

I think at this point if I had to choose between the two I'd go for Kwame simply because of 3 factors:

1) Age:  Shaq is 38 and that means that there's a much higher possibility of injury and a big deterioration of mobility. 

2) Locker room:  I feel like Shaq may be a liability because he would not be a starter over J. O'Neal.  This would not bode well for the chemistry of the team.  I anticipate that Kwame would know he's coming into a bench role and would be much more manageable than Shaq off the court.

3) Transition basketball:  Shaw made the Cavs worse on the offensive end last season because he was so slow.  With him on the floor I feel it would kill our offensive flow and thus hurt more than help in any situation.

I feel that Kwame, if given our system and veteran-heavy squad, could fill the role better than Shaq at this point.  That said, either one of them would be an immense upgrade from Shelden Williams.