Shaq wants to wear Celtics Green

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from uNpReTtiEr. Show uNpReTtiEr's posts

Shaq wants to wear Celtics Green

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/23/shaq-wants-to-wear-celtics-green/
    This would be great IMO, Having Shaq in Game7 of the Finals would be a different story, We won't get eaten on the boards. And Shaq solves one of our problem which is length and size.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

Re: Shaq wants to wear Celtics Green

If we can have him for a VM.

I´ll take it.

but if we have to give up Sheed´s contract for him

I dont think its a good thing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

If he can take the VM and reserve roll, bring him in!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Do it Danny!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from uNpReTtiEr. Show uNpReTtiEr's posts

Right now signs point to Shaq signing herre for the Vet Min IMO...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq wants to wear Celtics Green:
    LOL that had me laughing everytime i think of it!!! hahaha
    Posted by uNpReTtiEr

U B seriousely demented, my fren, and I dont mean dat politiely.

I tink dat wit 2 O'Neils, Da Celtics wuld be nigh unbeat-a-bobble.

I's all fer dis move and den sum.

Shaq in green?   Da Big Leprechaun?  Now wese talkin my language!!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

The Big Shaqrock still sets a mean screen.

How many times would Ray be wide open behind him?! Or how free would Rondo get off of his picks?!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

HMMMM-  Shaq or Kwame?

HMMMM - Shaq or Mbenga?

HMMMM - it's  a no-brainer, Danny!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

Look I think if he wanna be a starter it´s ok
    Be a starter it´s not a problem(just for the ego)
    what matter it´s the time you play
    and i think he knows that he cant play more than 20-25 minutes

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

I'm all for it. If you seen the Cavs play the Lakers twice this past season, Shaq basically NUETRALIZED Bynum. Bynum is terrified of Shaq. Shaq pushed him around like he was a small forward in those 2 victories vs. the Lakers.

Some posters may say he's old and can't run, but he's STILL effective vs. the other elite centers.

Danny, make it happen!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from uNpReTtiEr. Show uNpReTtiEr's posts

I'm all for it. If you seen the Cavs play the Lakers twice this past season, Shaq basically NUETRALIZED Bynum. Bynum is terrified of Shaq. Shaq pushed him around like he was a small forward in those 2 victories vs. the Lakers. Some posters may say he's old and can't run, but he's STILL effective vs. the other elite centers. Danny, make it happen!!
    Posted by Waynestarr

Your Right!! If only we have Shaq in that game7...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq wants to wear Celtics Green : U B seriousely demented, my fren, and I dont mean dat politiely. I tink dat wit 2 O'Neils, Da Celtics wuld be nigh unbeat-a-bobble. I's all fer dis move and den sum. Shaq in green?   Da Big Leprechaun?  Now wese talkin my language!!!
    Posted by RajonRondowski

My man, sometimes you write some good stuff, but not this time. I can barely understand this jibberish...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

I thought i heard toward the end of the season last year that Shaq had THE WORST plus minus in the league 2009-10......That's not flattering.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcceltics. Show jcceltics's posts

theres no one on the heat that could stop him, sign him ASAP.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Remember, Shaq had his thumb injured by Big Bay Bay towards the end of the season, and he wasn't quite effective afterwards.

I don't think his thumb fully healed then.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Why did Tony Allen leave! We could have had 2 Allens and 2 O'Neals. 
    Posted by Fierce34

Not so funny as the time we had Ray Allen and Allan Ray.

Yup if Shaq takes the min i'm all for it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Would you do Sheed for Shaq and Parker?

Think that works ... $8m

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Would you do Sheed for Shaq and Parker? Think that works ... $8m
    Posted by Mployee8

Yes, but I don't think CLE would.  They lost MeBron and Big Z.  They need players.  I was thinking, and don't kill me on this one - SCAL in a sign and trade for Shaq.  He made 3 last year.  How about 2.5?  CLE gets something, not much, Shaq doesn't have to take vet min, and we get Shaq!!  Won't happen, I know, but why not try it?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

I can't see anyone giving the Cavs a body for Shaq that they'd want to keep in a rebuilding year where they are late to the game. They are best served picking up other teams cast offs and unsigned rookies for now and holding out for a trade with their sizable PTE for a player like Paul. They will need a Paul to get another big name player or vice versa so additional cap space would serve them best while dumping their role players like Parker, Moon, Shaq etc ...

Parker, though aging, can shoot and spell RA and Shaq provides a big that will give us a very big front court. All we'd need is a SF that can defend and score. Maybe Butler or Hayes signs for the VM ... Oops, forgot that we resigned Quis but it wouldn't hurt to have another long SF on the bench or a bigger PF behind KG and JON/BBD when Perk and Shaq lock down the Center spot. That PF/C ... Boone works but someone with some scoring ability would be better.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

If Shaq dont want a VM why not trade him for BBD

I see the cavs getting him,because he´s another big to along with varejao/Jamison and J.J Hickson

And even if they dont want to stay with him,he´s a free agent next summer.

So with Shaq,KG,JO,Perk,Erden,Harangody

We wont miss BBD,but with perk out we still would have to sign a VM guy at the C/PF.

But we can get a guy to pay there(8-10 minutes)for the VM

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

This is a possible signing if Shaq is willing to take less money or if Cleveland is willing to do a sign and trade and fulfill Gilberts prophacy! He can trade either Parker or Moon along with the Big Leprachaun for exsisting but soon to be expiring contracts from the Celtics.  Wouldn't it be funny to see the look on LeBrat,Dwade and Bosh's faces as they hear the news that they had been outplayed by Cleveland....To priceless!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

IF that happens my guess would be S & T of Sheed's ghost plus money for Shaq and no one else.  I don't know why Cle does that either unless they just want to save money at this point, or just really want to try sticking it to Miami.

I think this is a long shot.  Shaq in limited minutes does have benefits

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

IF that happens my guess would be S & T of Sheed's ghost plus money for Shaq and no one else.  I don't know why Cle does that either unless they just want to save money at this point, or just really want to try sticking it to Miami. I think this is a long shot.  Shaq in limited minutes does have benefits
    Posted by croc

ESPN has hopped on board with the Ghost of Sheed S&T for Shaq but acknowledges that we need another wing too.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4675926/back-to-shaq

/> /> Boston needs another big man, and the final two games of the 2010 NBA Finals proved that the Celtics could benefit from adding a proven rebounder. With all due respect to the Josh Boones and Earl Barrons of the world, few of the still-available big men are capable of making the big splash that Shaq’s addition would produce.<<

/> /> As mentioned in the report, the only way to bring O’Neal to Boston at anything more than the minimum would be a sign-and-trade with Cleveland. Presumably, this would involve Rasheed Wallace, whom the Celtics insist is still leaning towards retirement (and, until he officially goes through that process, Boston can trade his contract to a team seeking cap relief).

Trouble is, the Celtics' primary need right now is probably a backup wing (even with the re-signing of Marquis Daniels), so they’d likely be eager to split Wallace’s money between O’Neal and another reserve swingman. <<

/> /> But regardless of how it happens, O’Neal would undoubtedly be a very intriguing addition to Boston's roster. <<

/> /> Remember that the Celtics' road back to the NBA Finals could very likely include postseason matchups against the Magic, Heat and Lakers -- three of O’Neal’s former employers, which would certainly add some additional spice to those battles. <<

/> /> But the Celtics clearly need another big man, and even if his skills aren’t what they once were, they’ll find no player who can make a bigger impact next season than Shaq. <<

IF Sheed is traded in a simultaneous trade they can take back $7.9m in salary for him ... That means we could kill two birds with one stone. Parker is due $2.8m leaving $5.1m for Shaq ... Does Cleveland do that deal to help Shaq, dump an aging Parker and add some cap space so they can pursue two marquis players?

The other option doesn't get as much value for Sheed but allows us to do a non-simultaneous trade for the second piece with another team but we'd only get $6.4m rather than $7.9m for Sheed. We get Shaq for say two years at $3.4m/yr and a PTE back from Cleveland for the balance of $3m which we have toward another player.