Shaq wants to wear Celtics Green

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Shaq wants to wear Celtics Green

In Response to Re: Shaq wants to wear Celtics Green:
    In Response to Re: Shaq wants to wear Celtics Green : I like it, but CLE is in need of players at the moment.    Why not just try Scal @ 3.5 for Shaq?  It gives him more $, gets us Shaq,  CLE at least gets a player for a year or two who can stretch the floor, and they include him in a later deal if they have to.  Use Sheed's ghost on Howard or Wes Chandler.  We all know how you feel about Posey, but I think he is done!
    Posted by BirdandCowens

Posey is not done, I mentioned how it was less than 4 months ago that he was dropping 13 points, 6 rebounds and 3 assists on LA and going 3-5 from behind the arc in 28 minutes. He had a good end of the year on a bad team going nowhere.

I would prefer Howard as well. NY is under the cap and looking for a SG so why would they trade a division rival a very good player in chandler for $ savings and maybe a low pick?

No way Cleveland trades us Shaq for Scal. They may need to fill out the roster, but they are over the cap. Scal at 3.5 million is like  7 million after the tax. That is just silly. If they part with Moon they save 2 million and pick up a 2nd rd pick. That may be ok with them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq wants to wear Celtics Green : Houston won't trade Battier: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4675879/battier-eh
    Posted by Mployee8

I saw this when you posted it before. I took it as they won't just dump him for $ savings and a pick.

Wouldn't you think a 3 team trade that lands them Jamario Moon and Perk for Battier would be fair and perhaps better for them w/ Yao being a question mark. $ is equal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq wants to wear Celtics Green : I saw this when you posted it before. I took it as they won't just dump him for $ savings and a pick. Wouldn't you think a 3 team trade that lands them Jamario Moon and Perk for Battier would be fair and perhaps better for them w/ Yao being a question mark. $ is equal.
    Posted by rameakap

No because they are going for it this year and next just like the C's then they'll retool.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq wants to wear Celtics Green : No because they are going for it this year and next just like the C's then they'll retool.
    Posted by Mployee8

Obviously I get that about them.

The point remains that they may think they'd be BETTER with Moon and Perk than with Battier. The article said they would not trade him simply b/c they had an excess at the position just to save some money or get a pick that doesn't help them now. Any trade that makes a contender better is one any team looks into.

Martin and Ariza can play 36 mins a game each and are both superior players to Battier. Battier is also not a natural SG and Budinger, who is, was a much better shooter last year. So you bench Budinger, a solid young draft pick, and "rest" Martin/Ariza at 34 mins a game, giving Battier all 28 he deserves. That may not be a better team than if they played Budinger 12 mins @ SG and Moon 12 mins @ PG and had Perk behind Yao to bang with LA's bigs.

If they want to put championship trust in Yao's oft-injured history, then so be it. If the Celts get Shaq we have a stacked frontcourt and don't need Perk. Perk would be healthy just in time to displace the too old Brad Miller and too young Patrick Patterson as Houston hits the stretch run and playoffs. He brings a nastiness and battle tested resume as well to a team whose only height over 6'8" is soft foreigners and a nearly washed up Miller.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I would try to get a 3rd team involved asap.

Prince would be my 1st choice, Battier 2nd, Chandler 3rd, Howard 4th, Posey 5th. Are there any other tall 3's that could be targets to work in this situation?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

rame, your cherry-picking a game or two still isn't persuasive evidence against Posey's having declined.  He shot 36% for the season, and 33% from the 3-line - those are terrible numbers.  His offensive rebounds, steals and blocks were all below his career average.  Face it - he is no longer the player he was with the Celtics.  Which goes to show that Danny Ainge knows more about basketball than the Posey-lovers, who simply ignore the evidence of decline that's sitting right in front of them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

The point remains that they may think they'd be BETTER with Moon and Perk than with Battier. The article said they would not trade him simply b/c they had an excess at the position just to save some money or get a pick that doesn't help them now. Any trade that makes a contender better is one any team looks into.

Battier is their lock down defender and with Yao & Miller they don't need Patterson with Scola and Anderson. So no, they would not be better with Moon and a rehabbing Perk ... that's silly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq wants to wear Celtics Green : Posey is not done, I mentioned how it was less than 4 months ago that he was dropping 13 points, 6 rebounds and 3 assists on LA and going 3-5 from behind the arc in 28 minutes. He had a good end of the year on a bad team going nowhere. I would prefer Howard as well. NY is under the cap and looking for a SG so why would they trade a division rival a very good player in chandler for $ savings and maybe a low pick? No way Cleveland trades us Shaq for Scal. They may need to fill out the roster, but they are over the cap. Scal at 3.5 million is like  7 million after the tax. That is just silly. If they part with Moon they save 2 million and pick up a 2nd rd pick. That may be ok with them.
    Posted by rameakap

My bad, didn't know CLE was over the cap.  Only makes sense if they aren't.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Did you know Daniel Gibson makes over 4 million?  That, Jamison and Mo Williams contracts are killing that team!  They do have a 14.5 mill trade exception from MeBron, though - that might help later in the year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq wants to wear Celtics Green : No because they are going for it this year and next just like the C's then they'll retool.
    Posted by Mployee8

You also said Rasual Butler would be perfect for the Celtics. So far you ain't right on anything yet. Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

I would try to get a 3rd team involved asap. Prince would be my 1st choice, Battier 2nd, Chandler 3rd, Howard 4th, Posey 5th. Are there any other tall 3's that could be targets to work in this situation?
    Posted by rameakap

This works on trade machine, what do you think?

NO :
    Eddie Curry
    Glen Davis
    Tony Gaffney
    Rasheed Wallace

NYK:
    Oliver Lafayette
    Chris Paul

Bos:
    Emeka Okafor
    Wilson Chandler

Just assuming here NO is giving it up.  And they did say whoever wants Paul has to take Okafor.  Doesn't that completely dismantle the team?  NYK can throw in draft picks, since they get Paul

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq wants to wear Celtics Green : You also said Rasual Butler would be perfect for the Celtics. So far you ain't right on anything yet.
    Posted by ConnectingRod

I'll remind you that you haven't been right either, Fierce!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq wants to wear Celtics Green : My bad, didn't know CLE was over the cap.  Only makes sense if they aren't.
    Posted by BirdandCowens

Me neither ... did they add a few big contracts?

They were at $44m not too long ago.

http://www.hoopdata.com/salaries/CLE.aspx

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq wants to wear Celtics Green : I'll remind you that you haven't been right either, Fierce!
    Posted by Mployee8

I thought I was Fierce. Everybody that post beyond 2 in the morning is Fierce?

At the rate you're going you're going to hit "2 stones with 1 bird".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq wants to wear Celtics Green : I thought I was Fierce. Everybody that post beyond 2 in the morning is Fierce? At the rate you're going you're going to hit "2 stones with 1 bird".
    Posted by LightSaber

Fierce, ConnectingRod, LightSaber ... all the same schtick anyway, how's things going in Mom's basement ... saving money ala Shinn with those Keystone Lights I'll bet, hahaha!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

Question:  What is the general consensus on Shaq's basketball IQ?
    Posted by RajonRondowski

offensively, he's a genius, defensively not so good

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq wants to wear Celtics Green : Fierce, ConnectingRod, LightSaber ... all the same schtick anyway, how's things going in Mom's basement ... saving money ala Shinn with those Keystone Lights I'll bet, hahaha!
    Posted by Mployee8

Is this a game of "will the real Fierce please stand up"?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The point remains that they may think they'd be BETTER with Moon and Perk than with Battier. The article said they would not trade him simply b/c they had an excess at the position just to save some money or get a pick that doesn't help them now. Any trade that makes a contender better is one any team looks into. Battier is their lock down defender and with Yao & Miller they don't need Patterson with Scola and Anderson. So no, they would not be better with Moon and a rehabbing Perk ... that's silly.
    Posted by Mployee8

Ariza is a superior defensive player to Battier, he is more their lockdown guy.

Battier had a PER this year of 11... mediocre

Tony Sllen's was 14

Battier is to SF's what Tony was to SG's

We didn't play TA more at the expense of PP/Ray, Houston should not play Battier more at the expense of Martin/Ariza. Battier was an 8 point, 5 rebound guy who shot 40%/36% in 28 mins. If you gave Tony those mins he would do the same, he shot 50% from the floor, doesn't take 3's and in 16 mins went for 6 and 2.7. Same kinda player.

Budinger is a better shooter who had a PER of 14 as a rookie, he averaged more points in less mins, Jamario Moon had a PER of 12.7.

The argument can clearly be made that Houston is better with those 4 guys at the wings then squeezing Battier in at SG, benching Budinger. That is before you take into consideration the insurance policy of Perk, he keeps thema  title contender if Yao goes down, Battier does not, and if all the C's are healthy Perk and Scola can be big trade chips.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

Would you do Sheed for Shaq and Parker? Think that works ... $8m
    Posted by Mployee8

i would if we could especially if sheed is going to retire

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

i dont think we can afford ariza

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The point remains that they may think they'd be BETTER with Moon and Perk than with Battier. The article said they would not trade him simply b/c they had an excess at the position just to save some money or get a pick that doesn't help them now. Any trade that makes a contender better is one any team looks into. Battier is their lock down defender and with Yao & Miller they don't need Patterson with Scola and Anderson. So no, they would not be better with Moon and a rehabbing Perk ... that's silly.
    Posted by Mployee8

Why Yao could retire

11:39AM ET
    Yao Ming | Rockets

According to the Associated Press, Yao Ming indicated to Chinese state media on Monday that "he may quit basketball after next season if he doesn't fully recover from his foot injury."

Ming is on the last year of his contract next season, so the timing on such a move would be agreeable.

Last week, Yao was uncertain if he could return to top form.

That came a few days after a report surfaced that Yao could still miss the first few months of the season do to his foot injury, which kept him out all of last season.