Shaq/West

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

Shaq/West

Well, shaq and west were both likely to play on Wednesday and now a new report on ESPN just said that shaq's foot starting bothering him some so he is now unlikely to play wednesday.....shaqs injuries are starting to bum me out and also worry me...hopefully it's just a little pain that he would be capable of playing through if neccessary....West is still scheduled to play wednesday let's just hope shaq will be there wednesday also or if not at least towards the end of next week

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Shaq/West

I think Shaq getting injured again in the foot area while training is very disturbing.
    Maybe he is unable to stay healthy at this point.

I am starting to think our starters are going to be run down by playoff time never getting a real break minutes wise.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

D West is a key to our success going forward, if he is unable to return and get it going, we are down to Rondo and the new point.  West does so many things, shoot, pass, defend , so well , he would help a lot, but we have basically played without him this year.  We now have the players to rest out starters and even if it cost of a game or to Doc better use them some or they will not be worth much in the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I think West will be fine.  West is just an ankle sprain and while it could take a couple of weeks, he's you and will heal.

Shaq, on the other hand, has been out a LOT and we may not be seeing him come back for a while or not see him ever get to 100% even when he does get back.  Strained adductor muscle, achilles tendon, etc.   Always something (and tendons are very difficult to heal without surgery when you are over 300 pounds and trying to jump/run on it!   I'm worried that its worse than we're being told.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Well, Shaq cant stay injury free and hes not even on the court playing... so, how quick will he go down once he starts bangin bodies?

Its all over...:)

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I'm still counting on getting one of the O'Neals healthy in the playoffs. Very little chance that both O'Neals are not healthy come playoff time. It's like getting hit by lightning if both O'Neals are out for the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

My thing that I am wondering is if it was the playoffs starting tomorrow would Shaq be playing??? If he is in pain or hurt but would be playing if it was playoffs then that at least would be a good sign....if he's just resting through pain before the playoffs then thats fine I just hope he'll play again

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I love what Green and Krstic bring to this team.  I think Arroyo and Murphy are going to be irrelevant.  Delonte West is young and will eventually be healthy enough to give quality minutes.  BUT, all of those opinions pale in comparison to the real issue:   the real key to the success of Danny's trade is whether or not the O'Neals are healthy......especially Shaq.  If they are both limping and not giving us much, we'll love Krstic's offense but we'll wish Perk was here for rebounding and inside D.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the risk Danny took and I like it.  But, Shaq's health is the real bet here and if we lose because we had only one real Center - we'll all know Danny's risk didn't pay off in 2011.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

I figured it out. 

Shaq isn't hurt. He's gettings massages half a day, losing weight in fat camp, working out with some Summer League ex NBA guys . . . so he can be ready for the playoffs.

He's even learned, finally, to shoot FT's underhanded a la Rick Barry and can now shoot 85%

He takes off his cape in the first series, get 16 pts and 12 rebounds in half a game and keeps KG and co. rested for the 4th quarter.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Shaq did not re-injure his leg and did not suffer a set back.  What happened was that Shaq was lobbying to play and told the press he wanted to play on Wednesday.  Doc said "no, let the leg heal some more."  Doc has also stated seveal times that if this were the playoffs, Shaq would be playing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq/West:
    [QUOTE]Shaq did not re-injure his leg and did not suffer a set back.  What happened was that Shaq was lobbying to play and told the press he wanted to play on Wednesday.  Doc said "no, let the leg heal some more."  Doc has also stated seveal times that if this were the playoffs, Shaq would be playing.
    Posted by jerrycole[/QUOTE]

Shaq's foot is bothering him again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

last year, so not 10 years ago...., he was playing all season long including playoff time...... i don't think even at 38-39 that one body can't be out of use from one year to another without any major injury - so : no worries, he's just taking a good rest !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

i think the Celtics trying to acclamate the 3 bigs (krstic-murphy-shasha).
    make no sense to insert Shaq
    make no sense deleting Semih and strap murphy - shasha at the bench.

if these two can play, this is the time to teach the system.
    the window of opportunity is now, only few remaining games
       before the playoff.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

Doc and Danny are coming up with these minor injuries to save Shaq for the playoffs. Why risk him to play against the Clippers and other low tier teams. Plus the new guys need decent minutes to get integrated into the team. My feeling is if were the playoffs Shaq would be playing. Shaq already knows the system and can step in when needed. I bet a lot of people that are complaining about Shaq being out longer would be the first to complain if he got hurt playing against the Clippers.
    I would be more concerned about West, this guy just seems to one of those injuries prone players. Shaq has been durable over his career, his injuries now are more age related. This is the reason to hold him out as along as possible.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Well we all have opinions about  the C's secret, hidden agenda when it comes to Shaq.  Maybe hes ready but they want to hold him out and save him for the playoffs...maybe he can play but they want the new guys to get more minutes together...

Well, it doesnt make alot of sense to me. IF Shaq was healthy, he also needs time on the floor with the team.. he needs to be bball ready too. Also, he could just sit the bench, play for 5 mins per half..

I read last week was the first time he did some running.. Was trying to understand how reports were saying he lost 15 lbs during his down time if he just started running last week??

Even though Shaq has been around a long time, he still needs his timing  on the court...  he still needs to get back in the groove with Rondo on the court..

so Im kinda leaning towards hes really hurt, maybe not his heal any longer, now its a new foot injury. Then again, Im not too confident in what the Celtics say regarding injury anyway. They've proven to be unreliable in the past.

Only thing making me feel Shaq is OK was dealing Perk away... 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq/West:
    [QUOTE]Shaq did not re-injure his leg and did not suffer a set back.  What happened was that Shaq was lobbying to play and told the press he wanted to play on Wednesday.  Doc said "no, let the leg heal some more."  Doc has also stated seveal times that if this were the playoffs, Shaq would be playing.
    Posted by jerrycole[/QUOTE]

Its not a matter of "re-injury" vs constantly injuring SOMETHING.  The strains and hurts from a man that big are difficult to heal because there's so much weight/pressure on the joints.  I hope Shaq is just getting rest and that Doc is doing his normal "hold them out longer than necessary to be safe" like he did with KG and with Rondo.  I like that in Doc.  But, I still fear that Shaq's recent history in Miami and in Cleveland suggests he is often injured and that we'll see yet another injury sometime before or during playoffs.  That's the risk Danny is taking.   

Krstic would just have to play more minutes because Murphy is NOT a center and cannot play ANY D.