SHAQ WILL BE BACK!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

SHAQ WILL BE BACK!

reading between the lines, shaq is due to have achilles tendon surgery which will take him out for about a year. many athletes have come back from this surgery. from what i can tell, this surgery will stimulate healing in the area and help his toe and other areas in his lower extremity area as well. the issue is about time and team distraction. he likely will also finally have surgery on his arthritic turf toe (big toe) that he's also been putting off since around 2003. 

if he is still limping around after a year, he will stay retired. but who are we kidding, if shaq is able to move (which he should be, hasnt been healthy down there for years), practice at full strength and recover while being able to dunk again, shaq will contact the celts who still own his rights, and no doubt they will find a role for him in next year's playoffs if HEALTHY. very professional on his part. no downside. whenever he does come back, he will be 100%!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Re: SHAQ WILL BE BACK!

I think he'll try.  Some contending team will offer him a contract during the season next year, thinking anything he gives them is a bonus.  Shaq loves the attention, he won't be able to help himself.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: SHAQ WILL BE BACK!:
    [QUOTE]NO possibility  at all. Maybe if he was 25 but at almost 40 years old we have seen the last of Shaq. How many people does anyone know in basketball that can contribute at 40 when healthy?????? It's over, let it go.
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]danny has said point blank that hestill doesnt believe we have seen the last of shaq. shaq this morining on eei on the dennis and callahan show refused to say this is final. he said he is retired for right now and repeated his montra from other shows that he is doing this simply because it wouldnt be fair to the celts and boston to put them thru the same old uncertainty as last year and have him take up a roster spot as well.

shaq never said that he would not possibly play any more, in fact i heard him do an interview in LA where he said that he was not interested in being the average player he saw himself as in miami during the playoffs and that he longed to return to the guy who was dominating just this year. isnt it all obvious and coming together? he has talked to danny, we own his rights, there will be no reneging of that. we are talking small fry money. shaq is still under our control if he returns next season. unless he sits out the entire year and then comes back or the celts do not want him back after he announces his comeback, he will be a celtic.. period!

doc and ainge have said over and over that he is the only guy who if he is still 7'1" and 350 lbs or whatever he is where it doesnt matter about practice and cohesion for he to help OUR team. we can throw him in there at any point if HEALTHY! this surgery should restore shaq to the very productive 21 minute man he was early this season... period! this surgery has been rumored for years, shaq just didnt want to take all the time off in order to get it just right. now he calls it his top priority. if he just wanted to walk around as a regular average joe, y would be considering surgery? he doesnt need surgery to not play pro ball.

like with bret favre and his shoulder injury, he doesnt need any surgery unless he intends to return to competitive ball. shaq clearly wants the surgery, plans on rehabbing without the pressure and once he knows he can go without any hobbling and restrictions at the same elite level he was earlier this season, he will contact DANNY and set the wheels in motion. we could trade him if we dont want him or if we are all set at the position. it will  be our call. yeah, even at 40 a healthy and rehabbed shaq can contribute to what doc does! just dont be shocked if we havent seen the last of #36.

will be funny to have the lakes retire his his #34 only to have him return and beat them in the finals. shaq also stated that had he been healthy getting his 5th ring would have been a cakewalk. celts were planning on lakes and orlando as the main reason for having him. he always assumed it would be spurs-celtics. without those teams involved, he felt our road would have been far easier to #18. shaq has unfinished business, no way he's going out like this unless there are severe setbacks in his recovery and there is simply no way he can once again be as productive as he was earlier this year. either next season or the one after that, we will see shaq balling and dominating the paint again!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"danny has said"

Oh yeah you can take that to the bank. 

Whatever Danny says, sure. 

Danny says Shaq will be back by March, back for the playoffs. You bought into all this and already predicted a ring for the Celts with a healthy Shaq. 

no more predictions please. 

In particular, no Shaq predictions. You and Danny have ZERO credibility when it comes to Shaq. 

Shaq will be knee deep in new projects by next playoffs. He isn't coming back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

p.s. Love how CC hammers everyone for drinking Koolaid but meantime slurps as much Ainge Foolaid as possible.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]p.s. Love how CC hammers everyone for drinking Koolaid but meantime slurps as much Ainge Foolaid as possible.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]celts clearly arent willing to totally give up or move on from shaq yet and i dont think shaq is ready to totally move on from the celts, doc or ainge completely. thats called hope and a door remaining open, a bridge not being burnt. its a possibility. lets see how his surgery goes. the kool-aid is believing that shaq is really done. the contrarian is believing there is hope. what happened this past season is over. we are on to next season and beyond. many here never stopped pining for sheed. i never did for doc and danny always made it clear that ship had sailed and they werent going to revisit it. 

at every opportunity, both make it clear they arent ready to fully say never when it comes to shaq. you can feel the LOVE. that is your big difference! the same people, system and reasons that made shaq accept a minimum deal to come to boston and thrive when healthy still exist. if healthy, shaq knows regardless of who we throw out there, he can walk in and be the likely playoff starter and get his respect and his 21-25 minutes while being himself on and off the court. 

perhaps shaq can help us groom this kid as well:

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

For the first time I'm with RicoLakers.
    Shaq is 40 years old and has troubles to keep his weight constant when is on the court. After nine month of rehab he might ad 50 pounds.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Interesting points. So Shaq did not shut the door entirely. If he was healthy, and we brought him back just for the playoffs, it might work. He needs to lose a lot of weight though. That would help the Achillies problem.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  Not sure if Shaq would be able to contribute, but might help during the playoffs next year.  Similar to signing PJ Brown a couple of years ago. Shaq definitely would benefit from losing weight, but I am not sure that he ever will. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Stick a fork in the big shamrock....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

The only surgery that'll bring Shaq back is lapband surgery.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stiorevo. Show stiorevo's posts

haha, even if he did, what the hell do we want him for?  Lets put our faith in him again and see where that gets us!

The Big Shamrock, more like the Big Let Down or the Big Zero!

That would be like when people say that Lebron is better than Jordan, oh wait Sealed

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

This is the stupidest thread that I have seen in a long time.
    Shaq should have retired 3 years ago.
    He can't even protect the basket anymore because he has no lateral movement and can't jump. The Shaq experiment was a bust. No surprise there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Shaq was worth the veteran's minimum for what he gave us, which was a half of a season of pretty good basketball

But no surprise that he couldn't stay healthy...

And now he's definitely retired

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]This is the stupidest thread that I have seen in a long time. Shaq should have retired 3 years ago. He can't even protect the basket anymore because he has no lateral movement and can't jump. The Shaq experiment was a bust. No surprise there.
    Posted by mtrax[/QUOTE]thats the point. he should be better able to jump and move again with the surgeries on his toe and achilles. look, we can all tell if he can jump higher or move faster. if he comes back and ainge looks at him or plays with him and he's the shaq from the second half of this season, then its good riddance. dont give me this 3 years ago nonsense. the man was FREAT and elite for most of the first half of the season. 

ainge and doc have both said he did everything incl losing weight and working on his fitness as he was told. yep he's the oldest guy in the nba but injuries happen. i dont believe they were due to age at all, just a little wear and tear that comes from balling. how old are brandon roy and greg oden for christ sakes? we are talking a non-guaranteed vets minimum deal from shaq with the assumption that he wont make it. 

however, if the time comes and he can of course any reasonable gm will take the shot at him. why not?  who wouldnt want a better jumping and moving shaq with 2 weeks left in the season for a playoff run? are you kidding me? you dont grasp nuance do you? the world is not blak or white. or just msnbc or fox noise. noone is saying RELY on shaq or put all your eggs in that basket or even reserve a spot for him. i am saying you dont totally rule it out. depending on how the surgeries and rehab go, from what i saw in the first half, shaq still has a lot left in that tank for a deep playoff run!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SHAQ WILL BE BACK! : thats the point. he should be better able to jump and move again with the surgeries on his toe and achilles. look, we can all tell if he can jump higher or move faster. if he comes back and ainge looks at him or plays with him and he's the shaq from the second half of this season, then its good riddance. dont give me this 3 years ago nonsense. the man was FREAT and elite for most of the first half of the season.  ainge and doc have both said he did everything incl losing weight and working on his fitness as he was told. yep he's the oldest guy in the nba but injuries happen. i dont believe they were due to age at all, just a little wear and tear that comes from balling. how old are brandon roy and greg oden for christ sakes? we are talking a non-guaranteed vets minimum deal from shaq with the assumption that he wont make it.  however, if the time comes and he can of course any reasonable gm will take the shot at him. why not?  who wouldnt want a better jumping and moving shaq with 2 weeks left in the season for a playoff run? are you kidding me? you dont grasp nuance do you? the world is not blak or white. or just msnbc or fox noise. noone is saying RELY on shaq or put all your eggs in that basket or even reserve a spot for him. i am saying you dont totally rule it out. depending on how the surgeries and rehab go, from what i saw in the first half, shaq still has a lot left in that tank for a deep playoff run!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Yea, just like your title of this thread.. SHAQ WILL BE BACK!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

The Big Judui should have signed w/ the heat this yr. and gotten his 5th ring with his "buddies"..Now he'll have the rest of his life to figure out out what dressing to have w/ his tossed salad (kobe style)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Shaq can no longer play in the NBA due to his age and weight.
    He cannot guard people and can't stop a point guard when penetrating.

Shaq had a great run but he is finished.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Lebron indeed got a ring ... he went to Jared.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

How does it feel making all these threads and NOBODY takes you serious???