Shaq will help the 2nd unit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Shaq will help the 2nd unit

So it appears Perk will be starting fairly soon.

This may be what the bench really needs...a safety net in Shaq to go to and open things up. It would be good to see this SUnday vs Orlando. Perk goes back to battling Howard and then Shaq just destroys the backup C...whomever that is for the Magic.

BBD doesn't post up as much, neither did Erden or Perk. So Shaq will provide the post up game and I think it's going to help Nate and Wafer get good looks.

BTW, Wafer really needs to start squaring up when he's coming off screens or taking jump shots....like RA. He's open alot and passes up shots or tries to drive when if he had squared up and elevate he would get his shot off. His body is always turned away from the basket. I think this is why he's not as consistent as RA. Watch the diff in him and RA's body when shooting.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Shaq will help the 2nd unit

BiasLewis, I really hope you're right.  I do believe that with Shaq playing with the 2nd unit, they will look to him more on the offensive end.  I just wonder if he still has the skills to be successful doing that.

He has just been so useless lately.  Shaq cannot stay on the court and I thought Perk was slow to take the ball up.  Shaq is so slow setting himself to power the ball up.  He looks so mechanical.

I just hope he plays like he did a couple weeks ago for that 3 or 4 game stretch.  I'll take that kind of play every other couple games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Who is going to feed it SHAQ?  I still feel that SHAQ should start, but I have a feeling that Perk will be soon because this starting 5 is undefeated in the playoffs.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I've been saying all yr that you can't really judge the bench yet because Shaq and DWest should ultimately be big parts of this unit.  They will have much more firepower when/if this comes to fruition.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Geez people when did West become Havlicek off the bench. Why do we have to wait for West to come back to get any production from the bench. All these guys should know how to feed the post and cut off double teams. This isn't rocket science. Stop looking at West as some savior. He will help but he's not going to put up 20 pts and 8 assists.

Shaq's game is much more limited than 5 yeas ago but I thnk we don't have to worry about his fouls and I would even consider using this as my 2nd unit when BBD isn't in there.

Daniels
    Nate
    Wafer
    Erden
    Shaq

What this does is give our 2nd unit a Twin Tower effect and stabilize the lead. It keeps BBD, Perk and KG fresh for the end of the games.

Doc has a lot of toys to play with in his toy box.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq will help the 2nd unit:
    [QUOTE]Geez people when did West become Havlicek off the bench. Why do we have to wait for West to come back to get any production from the bench. All these guys should know how to feed the post and cut off double teams. This isn't rocket science. Stop looking at West as some savior. He will help but he's not going to put up 20 pts and 8 assists. Shaq's game is much more limited than 5 yeas ago but I thnk we don't have to worry about his fouls and I would even consider using this as my 2nd unit when BBD isn't in there. Daniels Nate Wafer Erden Shaq What this does is give our 2nd unit a Twin Tower effect and stabilize the lead. It keeps BBD, Perk and KG fresh for the end of the games. Doc has a lot of toys to play with in his toy box.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

BBD hasn't signed an extension yet, you still want him traded?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shaq will help the 2nd unit : BBD hasn't signed an extension yet, you still want him traded?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

If Ainge can figure out how to get Kevin Love or Curry I would do it in a heartbeat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Geez people when did West become Havlicek off the bench. Why do we have to wait for West to come back to get any production from the bench. All these guys should know how to feed the post and cut off double teams. This isn't rocket science. Stop looking at West as some savior. He will help but he's not going to put up 20 pts and 8 assists. Shaq's game is much more limited than 5 yeas ago but I thnk we don't have to worry about his fouls and I would even consider using this as my 2nd unit when BBD isn't in there. Daniels Nate Wafer Erden Shaq What this does is give our 2nd unit a Twin Tower effect and stabilize the lead. It keeps BBD, Perk and KG fresh for the end of the games. Doc has a lot of toys to play with in his toy box.

because West plays PG duh... Nate has proven time and time again that he cannot and his best games come when he's off the ball

the bench you showed above has 3 SG's and 2 C's in it... that's no bench.. that's your 3rd string SG/C 11th and 12th men

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shaq will help the 2nd unit : If Ainge can figure out how to get Kevin Love or Curry I would do it in a heartbeat.

Kevin Love to the Celtics is a pipe dream. 

Are you talking about Chicken Curry?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"because West plays PG duh... Nate has proven time and time again that he cannot and his best games come when he's off the ball"

Exactly.  I think it's pretty obvious that PG play has been a main reason for the bench's struggles.  DWest doesn't have to be Havlicek, he just has to be better than Nate at PG to make it a better unit.   Although it was only pre-season Nate and West looked pretty good playing off each other.  It allows Nate to play the 2 without him having to guard a much bigger player because on the defensive end, he can defend the 1 and West the 2.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shaq will help the 2nd unit : Kevin Love to the Celtics is a pipe dream.  Are you talking about Chicken Curry?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I agree that he would be a great addition to the current Celtics team, but it isn't going to happen. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

even in his diminished state, there's no reserve center in the league who can guard shaq. if we throw the ball to him in the post, he will either score or get fouled every time. this will either give a huge scoring boost to our second unit which has struggled to score, or put the other team in the penalty by the time pierce, allen, and garnett return, making us even harder to defend

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]even in his diminished state, there's no reserve center in the league who can guard shaq. if we throw the ball to him in the post, he will either score or get fouled every time. this will either give a huge scoring boost to our second unit which has struggled to score, or put the other team in the penalty by the time pierce, allen, and garnett return, making us even harder to defend
    Posted by teh-n00b[/QUOTE]

Yep that's correct.

People act like we don't know Nate is playing out of position. I've been saying it for a month. West isn't going to solve all the problems if Nate still can't hit a shot or continues to take bad shots. We need Nate and Shaq to carry the 2nd unit. If that doesn't happen the bench will struggle. West will be there to run the offense but the plan should be to get Nate and Shaq going.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]BiasLewis, I really hope you're right.  I do believe that with Shaq playing with the 2nd unit, they will look to him more on the offensive end.  I just wonder if he still has the skills to be successful doing that. He has just been so useless lately.  Shaq cannot stay on the court and I thought Perk was slow to take the ball up.  Shaq is so slow setting himself to power the ball up.  He looks so mechanical. I just hope he plays like he did a couple weeks ago for that 3 or 4 game stretch.  I'll take that kind of play every other couple games.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Petey I know you think he has been useless but even Doc Rivers referred to his game against LA and what gave us with his size and presence.  You did notice that the LA bigs never went off agains us didn't you?  You can't judge strickly on stats even though I think he had a few rebounds.  He gives us another big man.