Shaq

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Shaq

I knew he would be out a lot but his injuries are piling up leaving the team in a lurch during a very tough stretch.   I think this along with JON being out puts the team in real jeopardy.  Extra minutes especially against tough teams this week are really going to weigh on our guys.

Shaq will probably be back during the playoffs but the minutes that will pile up for Perk, Garnett, and Erden and it is going to put pressure on these man to stay healthy. 

We already had a scare with Garnett.  Could we be setting ourselves up for another replay of last season as we play out the schedule to just be healthy for the playoffs?  The last thing I expected last week but you cannot rule it out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: Shaq

We knew there was going to be a risk signing these guys. Good that Perk came back earlier than expected. Otherwise not much that can be done I'm afraid except hoping that the guys that are healthy now stay that way.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Hopefully Shaq comes back soon. I feel uneasy with Perk playing this many minutes so soon after his return.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We knew it but now that it is happening it our roster is evaporating(Daniels today).  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

But its JON who is the shocker.  When Shaq signed, we thought he'd be the 3rd center when Perk came back.  By the beginning of the season, he was the starting center.  He's out more than I expected, but its more glaring to the team because JON is also out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

The sky isnt falling over there in Boston is it????

Perk starts, BBD comes in a subs and the Erdan comes in and BBD moves over to PF to spell KG.  Shaq will be back Thursday.....

Quis out...Wafer steps in and steps up.

It's going to be okay!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq:
    [QUOTE]The sky isnt falling over there in Boston is it???? Perk starts, BBD comes in a subs and the Erdan comes in and BBD moves over to PF to spell KG.  Shaq will be back Thursday..... Quis out...Wafer steps in and steps up. It's going to be okay!!!!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

Absolutely right - that's the value of a good bench....they're flexible and they can step in for starters when needed.  The C's have not had their full team all year and still have the best record in the East.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Erden has been effective, bump his minutes up but do not bump KG's up

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondo9Fan. Show RajonRondo9Fan's posts

Yaw should stop worrying about Perk. He wouldn't be playing if wasn't heathly. Trust our staff

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxforlife22. Show soxforlife22's posts

BRING SCALABRINE BACK!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Celticsfan4life and jdm894g, thanks for being so positive. Keep it up.

Time Will Only Tell

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Probably the main reason Shaq's injuries are piling up is the extra minutes he played due to JO being out.  With Perk back, and good for 20-30 minutes per night, Shaq should get some relief when he returns. 
    Sometimes I feel this team is held together with bubble gum and duct tape.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq:
    [QUOTE]Hopefully Shaq comes back soon. I feel uneasy with Perk playing this many minutes so soon after his return.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

Agree that Perk shouldn't be playing extended minutes yet.  With the injury to Marquis today, I would expect that Danny will make at least one or maybe two trades soon.  We definitely need a backup small forward and another big man could help.  Jon may not be able to play the rest of the season and Shaq can't
    play additional minutes.  Although, I am not sure what can be done or who will be traded.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

no trades needed..we arent in big man trouble either..we have Perk and Baby and Semih. Semih hasnt even needed to play big minutes..we are fine there. as for SF, i THINK Von will move into quis's spot, and wen West comes back that will still make a pretty good bench. no need for panic.