Shaq's New Book

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Shaq's New Book

I read the excerpts on AOL today......un-freaking-believable......Kobe is a punk in my opinion....of course...don't go by my thinking....I have never dissed any Laker...except for this guy....he is NOT the real deal....I cannot stand this kid...!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Apparently, right after the coaches told these two to cool it, and not take their feud public, koME had an interview with ...(I wanna say Windhort?).  In the interview he dissed Shaq.  Upon his return to the locker room, Shaq told koME if he ever did that again
    "I will kill you."

Anyone still think koME didn't run him out of town?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Kobe - punk

Laker fans - punks

Laker troll

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Kobe the most unlikable athlete in sports today only OJ stands taller.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I will have to read Shaq's book.  It would imagine that it has some very revealing information. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Great stuff.  And the thing is, Shaq has a history of being honest.  Also has the support of his teammates everywhere he's ever played, except in LA with Kobe.

Kinda telling. When Kobe retires from this game, he will fade into nothingness.  Shaq still has a life ahead of him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I don't believe that any of these revelations come as a surprise.

Nobodies opinions on Bryant will change because of them. He'd a be a two time champion without Shaq, that's if he'd have even stayed in LA if Shaq wasn't signed in '96.

If Bryant had half an ounce of sense he'd have buttered up Shaq to enable the big fella to stay in LA for the rest of his career. He'd have always deferred to Shaq as 'the man' and made him the focal point of the team, never ripping him in public or even private, leaving it to management and coaching staff. If he finds out he's been ripped by the management, then he should have defended the big fella.

Magic had the sense not to take over the Lakers from Kareem when he arrived. The change in leadership happened naturally. As it should have from Shaq to Bryant. But Bryants ego wouldn't allow this. And the team suffered. Could have won a couple of more titles if ego hadn't have gotten in the way.

Byrant is a clear example of cheering the uniform and not the player from my perspective. Average human being as far as I'm concerned.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

First, Shaq DOES NOT HAVE A HISTORY OF BEING HONEST. He constantly embellishes the facts to his liking. You Kobe haters get blinded by the distortions. Shaq's problem was ego and being lazy. He could have been the greatest center but he didn't have the work ethic & that's why he kept getting injured and cut his career short. He also had the nasty habit of going to the media and trashing Kobe and other players, the coach, and the organization.

This went on for years while Kobe ignored the venom. Penny Hardaway, Steve Nash & Dwayne Wade rarely ever praise Shaq. They know about Shaq's insecurities and wanting the spotlight. But because of their professionalism, they don't go and vent to the media.

Eventually Kobe had had enough and let out what he felt about Shaq to the media. This was surprising to many because Kobe avoids the media like the plague. You'll notice that he hasn't said a word during the lockout. That's his personality, that's his style. He's got other priorities.

Shaq was a poor rebounder, poor defender and wanted the ball down low every time. Had Shaq been healthy and spent some time in Boston, you people would have turned on the Daddy. His tired excuses eventually grate on fans.

When Kobe arrived in L.A. he was 18 years old & from another culture. Keep in mind that he was raised in Italy. The players didn't relate to him and he didn't relate to them. He was a kid playing in a man's world. His focus was fanatical preparation which he continues today. He's up in the morning by 5am, does road work before hitting the gym. He doesn't like slackers and that's what Shaq is--a slacker, a man with a big mouth.

That kind of focus, self-discipline, and heart is what sets Kobe apart from most NBA players. That alpha personality will alienate most people but that's what seperates great players from good players. I personally don't like Kobe the person but respect his determination, playing with injuries that may cut his career short as well. But I know that without him L.A. would not have won 5 additional titles. 

Shaq is old news. He's retired and still crying to the media.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

As much as I think I dislike Kobe & like Shaq....Shaq's book is...well... Shaqs version of things.... but Im sure it will be an entertaining read if you like that sort of stuff.

From my perspective I wonder why a wealthy, seemingly well liked guy like Shaq, who has a future as an NBA analyst/color guy etc,,, would spill the beans about other NBA players and compromise the confidentiality, friendship & trust he may have developed.. 

I used to figure these tell all "shock" books were authored by former players that needed $$ badly or were just bitter people.. Why's Shaq coming out with a book that humiliates some former teammates and certainly puts an "off limits" sign around his neck if players are considering confiding in an NBA commentator like Shaq hopes to be

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Laker67,
    You talk about Kobe's five championships.  He would have only two if Shaq had not played with him.  Shaq was the reason they won three in row and Kobe played a lesser role in those championships.  They won against Orlando and the win against the Celtics in 2010 certainly here is a questionable one.  Kobe is a great player but far overated when you put him up against Jordan, Bird, Magic, and yes Shaq.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq's New Book:
    [QUOTE]First, Shaq DOES NOT HAVE A HISTORY OF BEING HONEST. He constantly embellishes the facts to his liking. You Kobe haters get blinded by the distortions. Shaq's problem was ego and being lazy. He could have been the greatest center but he didn't have the work ethic & that's why he kept getting injured and cut his career short. He also had the nasty habit of going to the media and trashing Kobe and other players, the coach, and the organization. This went on for years while Kobe ignored the venom. Penny Hardaway, Steve Nash & Dwayne Wade rarely ever praise Shaq. They know about Shaq's insecurities and wanting the spotlight. But because of their professionalism, they don't go and vent to the media. Eventually Kobe had had enough and let out what he felt about Shaq to the media. This was surprising to many because Kobe avoids the media like the plague. You'll notice that he hasn't said a word during the lockout. That's his personality, that's his style. He's got other priorities. Shaq was a poor rebounder, poor defender and wanted the ball down low every time. Had Shaq been healthy and spent some time in Boston, you people would have turned on the Daddy. His tired excuses eventually grate on fans. When Kobe arrived in L.A. he was 18 years old & from another culture. Keep in mind that he was raised in Italy. The players didn't relate to him and he didn't relate to them. He was a kid playing in a man's world. His focus was fanatical preparation which he continues today. He's up in the morning by 5am, does road work before hitting the gym. He doesn't like slackers and that's what Shaq is--a slacker, a man with a big mouth. That kind of focus, self-discipline, and heart is what sets Kobe apart from most NBA players. That alpha personality will alienate most people but that's what seperates great players from good players. I personally don't like Kobe the person but respect his determination, playing with injuries that may cut his career short as well. But I know that without him L.A. would not have won 5 additional titles.  Shaq is old news. He's retired and still crying to the media.
    Posted by LakerFan67[/QUOTE]

Is the coffee you drink this bitter?  Everyone outside of LA knows what a punk koME is  - it's only LA people who have blinders on.  Stephen  A Smith said he knows Shaq, and Shaq relayed the exact same story to him 10 years ago when it happened............no change.  It's koME who is keeping quiet.  As of today, this IS the truth.  Now if the great and powerful koME comes out with a denial or a lawsuit, that would be one thing - but until he does, I believe every word of this - no surprises here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Like I said, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks. B-ball is a team sport. How many titles did Shaq win without Kobe? When someone says that Kobe would not have won 3 titles without Shaq, that's about as ignorant a comment that anyone can make. Would Jordan have won 6 titles without Pippen? Would Bird have won 3 titles without McHale or DJ? Let me repeat this softly so you can understand--b-ball is a team sport. No one can win a title without 4 other players. Shaq's new book is typical if his personality--spiteful, vendictive, jealous of others, and always puts others down to try and elevate himself. The guy hasn't changed. His resentment of Kobe is what drove him over the edge to piggy-back another title in Boston. Kobe knew how to rub it in when he said to Shaq--I got 1 more title than you. That sent the Daddy to Boston.
    Posted by LakerFan67[/QUOTE]

Shaq won one without koME - wow, call yourself a lakers fan?
    I personally think Jordan would still have won 6 witout Pippen, but Pippen wouldn't have won any without Jordan.........and based on his years in the NBA, the one who comes off as selfish, arrogant and jealous is one koME Bryant..........just tell me what vEndictive means, and I'll be all set.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

PP and KG are on Kobe, another Laker player is got to be open, why didn't Kobe pass the ball? So much for team sport. lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

Like I said, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks. B-ball is a team sport. How many titles did Shaq win without Kobe? When someone says that Kobe would not have won 3 titles without Shaq, that's about as ignorant a comment that anyone can make.

Would Jordan have won 6 titles without Pippen? Would Bird have won 3 titles without McHale or DJ? Let me repeat this softly so you can understand--b-ball is a team sport. No one can win a title without 4 other players.

Shaq's new book is typical of his personality--spiteful, vendictive, jealous of others that threaten his limelight, and always puts others down to try and elevate himself. The guy hasn't changed. His resentment of Kobe is what drove him over the edge to try and piggy-back another title in Boston.

Kobe knew how to rub it in when he said to Shaq--I got 1 more title than you. That sent the Daddy to Boston.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shaq's New Book : Shaq won one without koME - wow, call yourself a lakers fan? I personally think Jordan would still have won 6 witout Pippen, but Pippen wouldn't have won any without Jordan.........and based on his years in the NBA, the one who comes off as selfish, arrogant and jealous is one koME Bryant..........just tell me what vEndictive means, and I'll be all set.
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Then how come Jordan did not win anything until pippen got there?

Shaq also had a good team in Orlando , how come he did not win there?

Also Shaq had Dewayne Wade help him win the title

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

Another opinion of Shaq

http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/how-shaquille-oneal-demolished-lakers-dynasty-inside-stories-1642500/

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

Shaq - Rap
    Kobe - Rape

Shaq - S n a c k
    Kobe - S n a t c h (Cell Phone)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shaq's New Book : Then how come Jordan did not win anything until pippen got there? Shaq also had a good team in Orlando , how come he did not win there? Also Shaq had Dewayne Wade help him win the title
    Posted by dirty52[/QUOTE]

1.  MJ made Pippen the player he was......it could have been anyone
    2.  Who's talking about Shaq?
    3.  It's DWYANE!

This is a ridiculous post.  Chamberlain, West and Baylor could only win one title.  Think if Russell and Wilt switched teams the results would be the same?  Put Jordan on the Bulls or the Trail Blazers and surround him with decent players, and he'd still win.  Take Pippen off the Bulls and he's NOT a top 50 all-time player!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

[QUOTE]I read the excerpts on AOL today......un-freaking-believable......Kobe is a punk in my opinion....of course...don't go by my thinking....I have never dissed any Laker...except for this guy....he is NOT the real deal....I cannot stand this kid...!
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

And so do you think Paul Pierce is a punk too?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

Bottom line, Kobe has 5, Shaq has 4. In that time your heros in Boston have 1. 'nuff said

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Bottom line, Kobe has 5, Shaq has 4. In that time your heros in Boston have 1. 'nuff said
    Posted by Lakerstroll[/QUOTE]

Don't understand the hate for me - blame Stephen A. Smith, he read it right out of the book on his LA radio show - I'm just the messenger.

And, this has nothing to do with how many rings the guy has - it has to do with the fact he has 5 more rings than he has friends!!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shaq's New Book : And so do you think Paul Pierce is a punk too?
    Posted by Lakerstroll[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

No, not really.....I guess I don't follow your thinking...so please enlighten me....I know one time PP (tongue in cheek IMO) once said he was the best player....and I know PP almost got killed in a knife attack (one that no one ever said he started)....so I'm not sure where you are coming from....Kobe did run Shaq out of town (IMO) and was accused of rape (and settled rather than taking on his accuser)....Phil certainly ripped Kobe in his autobiography.....and Kobe has alienated many teammates....Pau the latest....Brian Shaw is quoted and Kobe comes out looking like a loser...so tell me what I'm missing....I'll be listening....