Shaughnessy's Negative Crystal Ball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

Shaughnessy's Negative Crystal Ball

The article by Shaugnessy today seems to imply that he has a magical crystal ball that seals the Celtics' doom for several years ahead. He states, "The Celtics will be looking up at the Heat for the next half-dozen years". There is no doubt that the current Celtics looked old and tired in the series versus the Heat. However, writing them off for years to come is unwarranted. I wonder what kind of doom and gloom columns Shaugnessy wrote in 2006-2007. How does he know the Celtics won't find the right spare parts to compose a reliable bench? Has he been informed that the Celtics have been excluded from the right to pursue Dwight Howard. With the right parts to allow the Big 3 to play 30-32 minutes per game, I think the Celtics can return to the championship hunt. Shaughnessy and others may call me a Homer, but I still believe we can compete for the rings next year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Re: Shaughnessy's Negative Crystal Ball

In Response to Shaughnessy's Negative Crystal Ball:
    [QUOTE]The article by Shaugnessy today seems to imply that he has a magical crystal ball that seals the Celtics' doom for several years ahead. He states, "The Celtics will be looking up at the Heat for the next half-dozen years". There is no doubt that the current Celtics looked old and tired in the series versus the Heat. However, writing them off for years to come is unwarranted. I wonder what kind of doom and gloom columns Shaugnessy wrote in 2006-2007. How does he know the Celtics won't find the right spare parts to compose a reliable bench? Has he been informed that the Celtics have been excluded from the right to pursue Dwight Howard. With the right parts to allow the Big 3 to play 30-32 minutes per game, I think the Celtics can return to the championship hunt. Shaughnessy and others may call me a Homer, but I still believe we can compete for the rings next year.
    Posted by hondorondo[/QUOTE]

He's probably considered the Celtics will re-tool.  However he knows the Heat are not going sit back and do nothing either.  They'll add a few spare parts of their own since they already have the nucleus of a great team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

Unfortunately Shaughnessy is probably correct.  When you let your defensive toughness go over a three year span, Posey, Perkins and Allen, you are definitely more interested in making a few dollars then winning a few championships.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Based on what we have in front of us now, Shaughnessy's right.  It's up to the Celtics organization to prove otherwise and if they don't do much with the current roster for next season, which I think will be the case, we're probably a 7th or 8th seed and looking up at the Heat.  Hopefully, though, this won't be for half a dozen years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Shaughnessy has never touched a basketball in his whole life..he can have some points but I dont care too much about him...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

The outlook isn't that bad. Especially for next year.

The mentality next year will likely be all in.  Pierce and Ray are coming off very good seasons and KG had one hell of a year. 

If Rondo can even get some type of jumper this team insantly improves. A lot banks on Rondo and how much he can really improve his game alone. 

Then we need to figure out who are starting center is going to be. Because I am really tired of teams just blowing bast one of our guys and no one playing in the middle. KGs body isn't meant to take a huge pounding especially at his age.

It looks negative because its the day after and we just got our rear ends kicked by a team that we handled all regular season. There are no excuses for it. At the end of the day we got outplayed but that doesn't destine us for 6 years of bad play. Anyone who thinks that needs to check themselves into a mental home. 

I hope they let Baby just flat out go, resign Green, and bring in some nice legs to help us clean up the glass and create some offense. I think it won't be till 2012, 2013 till we see new athletic legs starting for this team. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Shaughnessy's Negative Crystal Ball:
    [QUOTE]The outlook isn't that bad. Especially for next year. The mentality next year will likely be all in.  Pierce and Ray are coming off very good seasons and KG had one hell of a year.  If Rondo can even get some type of jumper this team insantly improves. A lot banks on Rondo and how much he can really improve his game alone.  Then we need to figure out who are starting center is going to be. Because I am really tired of teams just blowing bast one of our guys and no one playing in the middle. KGs body isn't meant to take a huge pounding especially at his age. It looks negative because its the day after and we just got our rear ends kicked by a team that we handled all regular season. There are no excuses for it. At the end of the day we got outplayed but that doesn't destine us for 6 years of bad play. Anyone who thinks that needs to check themselves into a mental home.  I hope they let Baby just flat out go, resign Green, and bring in some nice legs to help us clean up the glass and create some offense. I think it won't be till 2012, 2013 till we see new athletic legs starting for this team. 
    Posted by Pancakespwn[/QUOTE]

We hear this every year now.

There is ZERO indication that Rondo's offensive game is ever going to improve at the end of 5 years now and counting. Not even a sniff of improvement on the horizon. With the exception of dimes, all offensive numbers are way off.

As long as the C's try to retool and construct a franchise around this offensively-challenged PG.... Shaughnessy is absolutely, depressingly correct.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Is there really a quick fix in sight?  I think next year's team can be competitive if DA can pick up a valued role player or two.  But after that, it may take some time to draft and acquire FA talent to the point where this team is competitive at a championship level again. 

Let's face it, at the beginning of the season, a lot of us (myself included) said the hastily put together Heat roster would have a tough time knocking off the C's.  I even said that up until a few weeks ago.  The scary part is that the Heat will have a chance to fill out that roster with MLE/LLE and vet minimum guys in the next few years (assuming exceptions still exist post-CBA).  They are a destination for every FA looking to fill out the roster. 

Hate to seem negative, but I agree with dandy Dan somewhat.