Sheed for Posey?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Sheed for Posey?

Ok this move would solve everything. Trade Sheed ($6.3M) for Posey ($6.4M and 2 years left) and it works.

It solves the backup to PP issue. We get back a guy everyone is familiar with and we get defense & 3 pt shooting. Ainge gets his 2 years that he offered TA. No long term deals is still intact.

The Hornets will obviously buyout Sheed. Sheed returns to the C's for the Min

Bradley
    Nate
    Posey
    BBD
    Sheed

That ends our offseason and we can now get ready for the 2010 season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Re: Sheed for Posey?

In Response to Re: Sheed for Posey?:
    I'd love that to happen ... however I am not sure how many of you think the same as me ... But I think Rasheed will return.
    Posted by MichBelgium

I hope so. If we traded Sheed for Posey, who would be the backup center for JON while Perk is mending?

We need all the talented bigs we can get.

I like Posey, but trading a center for a swingman isn't a good trade.

I hope Sheed comes back and plays for the Celtics.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Thanks Binbones I'm glad you're finally learning something from me. I have alot more to say just keep taking notes. :-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Sheed for Posey?:
    Ok this move would solve everything. Trade Sheed ($6.3M) for Posey ($6.4M and 2 years left) and it works. It solves the backup to PP issue. We get back a guy everyone is familiar with and we get defense & 3 pt shooting. Ainge gets his 2 years that he offered TA. No long term deals is still intact. The Hornets will obviously buyout Sheed. Sheed returns to the C's for the Min Bradley Nate Posey BBD Sheed That ends our offseason and we can now get ready for the 2010 season.
    Posted by BiasLewis

This would definitely work, but why would Sheed return for the minimum? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

I'd love that to happen ... however I am not sure how many of you think the same as me ... But I think Rasheed will return.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In Response to Sheed for Posey?:
    Ok this move would solve everything. Trade Sheed ($6.3M) for Posey ($6.4M and 2 years left) and it works. It solves the backup to PP issue. We get back a guy everyone is familiar with and we get defense & 3 pt shooting. Ainge gets his 2 years that he offered TA. No long term deals is still intact. The Hornets will obviously buyout Sheed. Sheed returns to the C's for the Min Bradley Nate Posey BBD Sheed That ends our offseason and we can now get ready for the 2010 season.
    Posted by BiasLewis

dude ...we get it....now please email danny , before some other team makes a move on posey during the hornets 2010 summer sale.........how can danny ignore the SPIRIT of "BiasLewis"....GO-FO-IT......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Well he would work out a buyout and get something to compensate the VM he'd be getting from the C's. If he was bought out for $2M, then got $1.6M (whatever the VM is) and the C's may even allow him to jump on board come Feb.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Nope...Posey no longer possessed the killer instinct.

Save the money or exhange it to a really, really big man.
    Nope not SHEED, please.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Posey is no longer the player we remember.  He is a step slower on defense than when he played for the Celtics.  This last season he shot 36.5% overall and 33.5% from the three-point line - way below his career averages.  He was also well below his career averages in offensive rebounds, steals, blocks and points.  Danny has been proven correct in not matching New Orlean's four year contract offer two years ago.  With Sheed's contract, the Celtics can do much better than an over-priced substitute whose productivity is declining. 
    Posted by jerrycole

I disagree.

I just don't think Posey fit in the Hornets system very well, kinda like how Richard Jefferson struggled in Pop's system in San Antonio.

Posey fits with Doc's schemes, and I'm sure he would STILL be better than Tony Allen who couldn't shoot AT ALL, and he's a decent on the ball defender too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

While this would work on paper there is no way that it will work in reality........lets look at Sheed's 2 options...... 1) he doesn't retire and earns 6.3 mil this season and 6.7 mil the following 2) he gets traded and then bought out and resigned by the Celtics for the VM as you stated $2 mil buyout and 1.6 mil VM he is out $2,700,000 this year and $6,700,000 next year for a total of $9,400,000 (you really think Sheed will buy into this........better yet would you????) Unless I am missing something this is just another bad post of pipe dreams.......that being said I want some of what you put in your pipe.......LOL
    Posted by damfuno

LMAO

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

If we want to compete with the Lakers, we NEED talented big men. I doubt the Hornets would buyout Sheed, because they need talented bigs also.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Normally trading big for small isn't good but in this case the Hornets wouldn't be looking to keep Sheed but they'd want that cap space. In conjunction with unloading CP3 they would probably want short or expiring deals.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Well, if we got Sheed back AND have Posey back with us, I'd be happy with that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Normally trading big for small isn't good but in this case the Hornets wouldn't be looking to keep Sheed but they'd want that cap space. In conjunction with unloading CP3 they would probably want short or expiring deals.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Posey is no longer the player we remember.  He is a step slower on defense than when he played for the Celtics.  This last season he shot 36.5% overall and 33.5% from the three-point line - way below his career averages.  He was also well below his career averages in offensive rebounds, steals, blocks and points.  Danny has been proven correct in not matching New Orlean's four year contract offer two years ago.  With Sheed's contract, the Celtics can do much better than an over-priced substitute whose productivity is declining. 
    Posted by jerrycole

It's declining because the Hornets stink. Just like TA is going to find out that being on a bad team lowers your value compared to being on a good team.

I wasn't for signing Posey to a 4 year deal but now there is only 2 years left on that deal and if Sheed is going to retire at least we'd know what we're getting instead of throwing $6M at 2 guys who get hives when the playoffs start.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Posey is no longer the player we remember.  He is a step slower on defense than when he played for the Celtics.  This last season he shot 36.5% overall and 33.5% from the three-point line - way below his career averages.  He was also well below his career averages in offensive rebounds, steals, blocks and points. 

Danny has been proven correct in not matching New Orlean's four year contract offer two years ago.  With Sheed's contract, the Celtics can do much better than an over-priced substitute whose productivity is declining. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Damfuno, true but if he retires he gets nothing, nada, zilch, zero!!

If we're under the assumption that Ainge is trying to move him to create salary and Doc/Danny have said Sheed is cooperating I'm not sure what "cooperating" really means.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I brought up Sheed for Pose as soon as I heard he was letting Danny shop his contract before he retired. NO would def dump Pose to save 10 million.

Would much rather have Battier tho, and would even include our 1st rd pick for Houston to send him over now that he is expendable, not enough mins w/ ariza/Martin/Budinger around.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Sheed for Posey? : Jerrycole is right! He is 2 steps behind than when he used to play with us. You can't turn back the time. You are just emotional and smelling the nostalgic perfume of Posey.
    Posted by CHEisCHE

HA! I wouldn't talk about emotional, since most of YOUR posts bash the Celtics. Are you REALLY a Celtics fan?

Anyway, were 0-2 without Posey.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chief16OZ. Show Chief16OZ's posts

With both players I really like our chances, against ANYONE.  A front court of KG, Dirty Work Perk, Sheed, JO, and BBD will create headaches for every team in the league.  A starting backcourt of PP, Allen, RR with Mighty Mite and Posey off the bench?!?! Oh man, you've gotta be kidding me! It would most definitely be the last hurrah but man that sounds like a lock on trophy 18 to me.  Where do i sign? Work it DA! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In Response to Re: Sheed for Posey? : I disagree. I just don't think Posey fit in the Hornets system very well, kinda like how Richard Jefferson struggled in Pop's system in San Antonio. Posey fits with Doc's schemes, and I'm sure he would STILL be better than Tony Allen who couldn't shoot AT ALL, and he's a decent on the ball defender too.
    Posted by Waynestarr

Jerrycole is right!
    He is 2 steps behind than when he used to play with us.
    You can't turn back the time. You are just emotional and smelling the nostalgic perfume of Posey.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Wow! I'm not sure who some of you guys want. LOL! This is the NBA and you aren't getting something for nothing (well unless you can find a Gasol trade) Everyone is clamoring for Barnes like he's the ONE & ONLY player that can contribute to the C's. Keep in mind this is the same guy who was a ghost in the series vs the Magic.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Ghost? maybe he will become MONSTER to the C

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Montross. Show Montross's posts

I like this alot....Posey should have never left and he will flourish again, kind of like Fisher going back to the Lakers.  Then if Sheed came back he could give us quality minutes...we can all dream!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

With both players I really like our chances, against ANYONE.  A front court of KG, Dirty Work Perk, Sheed, JO, and BBD will create headaches for every team in the league.  A starting backcourt of PP, Allen, RR with Mighty Mite and Posey off the bench?!?! Oh man, you've gotta be kidding me! It would most definitely be the last hurrah but man that sounds like a lock on trophy 18 to me.  Where do i sign? Work it DA! 
    Posted by Chief16OZ

Agreed!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Wow! I'm not sure who some of you guys want. LOL! This is the NBA and you aren't getting something for nothing (well unless you can find a Gasol trade)

Everyone is clamoring for Barnes like he's the ONE & ONLY player that can contribute to the C's. Keep in mind this is the same guy who was a ghost in the series vs the Magic.