Should Cs Trade Rondo for Melo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Should Cs Trade Rondo for Melo?

HAHAHA!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Should Cs Trade Rondo for Melo?

The Celtics could not trade Rondo for Carmello.  Their salaries don't match.  There must be more pieces to it so I don't understand the thread.  What is the entire trade scenario that you suggest?

Rondo did not have a "complete" game in spite of having a triple double.  He forced the ball and turned it over too much.  He got in the air on several occasions and had nowhere to pass the ball resulting in turnovers.  He tried forcing the ball into traffic and got it blocked when he should have slowed it down.  He attempted 12 field goals and 6 free throws and struggled to get 10 points.  That isn't too efficient.  He had 7 turnovers and he played the worst half of his career (in his own words in post-game interview).

What sticks out most (or best) about his game was the extraordinary 24 assists.  Other than that, he had an average, at best, game.  Again, he admitted that he played the worst half of his career in the first half.

So, I would not necessarily intimate that because of Rondo's performance tonight, trading him for Carmello would not be smart.  I totally disagree but only for the right additional pieces.  Again, Rondo, like most players IS NOT un-tradeable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Foolish to discuss until Dec 15.  Most of our players signed this off-season (Ray, PP, Shaq, Daniels, Nate, JON).  All we have are Rondo, Perk and Baby until then!!

I further believe they are not going to trade him, but hold on and do a sign and trade at the end of the year!  (Melo, that is)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I couldn't help myself, I had to make this thread. Before the Knicks game there were Celtic fans discussing a trade that involved Rondo, Perk, JO, Melo, and Lawson. In the end the Celtics won Rondo ended up with 10 pts, 24 asts, and 10 rebs.

HAHAHA!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Even if the salaries matched, it's ridiculous to even think of making such a trade. Elite point guards are a rare commodity in the NBA nowadays. With the numbers that Rondo's been putting up, his elite status is evident. While Melo can count himself as one of the elite forwards in the league, his style of play won't jibe with the Celtics team-before-self system. Melo thrives in a team like Denver where he does not have to compete with anyone for top billing and is given the green light to shoot and create plays as he wishes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Melo wouldn't want to come here anyway. Boston is not one of his "desired" locations.

Chicago, Jersey, and New York has his eye.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

In Response to Re: Should Cs Trade Rondo for Melo?:
    [QUOTE]"I think the Lakers will lose their season opener to the Rockets in LA" - P34 Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!
    Posted by RUMcHale[/QUOTE]

It was pretty close. I wouldn't be laughing about that game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Firstly this post is good for a laugh.

On the other hand, I used to like Melo - but my opinion of him drops daily.  He is handling the Denver situation poorly.

As it happens Melo is good for one thing, just like his idol, being a volume scorer and not much else. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Firstly this post is good for a laugh. On the other hand, I used to like Melo - but my opinion of him drops daily.  He is handling the Denver situation poorly. As it happens Melo is good for one thing, just like his idol, being a volume scorer and not much else. 
    Posted by BoylestonBB[/QUOTE]

Who's Melo's idol?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Rondo for Carmelo is an interesting trade idea. As much of a scoring machine Carmelo is, if I were Ainge I wouldn't do it. My reason being is Rondo's ability to make it easy for others to score "assists" and his stellar defense.
       Rondo has become an elite player like Carmelo. Isn't it wonderful to have an elite point guard on the C's and being locked up contract wise for another 6 seasons.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should Cs Trade Rondo for Melo? : It was pretty close. I wouldn't be laughing about that game.
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

Not laughing about the game, I'm laughing about the ridiculous prediction!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should Cs Trade Rondo for Melo? : Not laughing about the game, I'm laughing about the ridiculous prediction!!

This year I expect the Lakers to lose all 82 games. I only need to be right 30 times to spoil the Lakers' season. If I go 30-52 or 29-53 on my predictions I would be thrilled! 

Such is life. Cool

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should Cs Trade Rondo for Melo? : Small thrills for small minds I guess. Such is life!!

There is no mind smaller than the one who uses the name of a Celtic great to bash Celtic fans in a Boston Celtics forum.

The tiniest mind comes from someone who resorts to insults if he's losing the argument.