Should Marquis Daniels consider retirement?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Should Marquis Daniels consider retirement?

Last year Marquis Daniels suffered a minor brain concussion during the playoffs. This season, he suffered a more severe injury to his spinal column when he ran into Gilbert Arenas. Afterwards, it was reported that Marquis had a pre-existing medical condition that the Celtics were not aware of when they signed him.

In my opinion, Marquis should seriously consider retirement at this time. I would think that his health is a greater priority for him than playing basketball. It's also a big question whether Marquis will ever regain his playing confidence. He would be helping himself and the team as well by giving up salary and roster space.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Should Marquis Daniels consider retirement?

what was the pre-existing condition?  i guess i am way behind the 8 ball on this one

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

It depends what the doctors say his prognosis is, meaning will if fully heal or will he be more prone to a spinal injury to the cervical part of the spine due to some kind of weakness in the area.  If it doesn't heal to full strength, I would retire if I were him. One would be foolish to risk getting a broken neck which can cause quadraplegia or death.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I hate to tell you all but I bet with the doctors counseling him he will be fine.