Should Mike Rice be banned from ever coaching again? what if you or your kid played for him? is Eric Murdock a snitch?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Should Mike Rice be banned from ever coaching again? what if you or your kid played for him? is Eric Murdock a snitch?

He should never coach again. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: Should Mike Rice be banned from ever coaching again? what if you or your kid played for him? is Eric Murdock a snitch?

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

i'm all for second chances but there are certain things we do that deserve no second shot.. oh, he only shot one person 14 times, look at what a great guy he's been.. hey he only put woman in a dungeon for 5 years, what a great boy scout leader he's been.. dont matter.. be it sandusky or this guy, u mess with kids with clear evidence, ur done in my book. dont c y he's not being prosecuted for assault and y the AD and prez are not being strung up as well.

this is the school that rightfully got imus fired for insensitive and racist comments to their gal ballers/gallers, how could they lose their moral compass so much? that school needs a change from the top. how anyone can watch that video with him spitting, kicking, throwing balls at guys, using sexual and ethnic slurs.. and think that as guardains of major corporations (yep ncaa is a major corp as is a huge school with bigtime athetics as rutgers) you could sweep that under the rug and b that clueless. the times they are changing. when even the blowhard christie gets it, u have gone way toooo far. no more jabronis like this.

these players clearly need an agency or group to just look out for them. it is like a plantation mindset and modern-day slavery in many ways as some have suggested in the past. hopefully, this puts an end to this and we can stifle these clear sociopaths from leading our young men and women. the coaches like enfield from gulf coast can just take off as they want, yet the players have to stay forever or sit out for a years and often cant even transfer in their own conference. they make tens of millions for their schools yet get nothing but token scholarships. look at gulf coast. fgsu is now dunk city due to the players ability to sky (not the coach). the school makes millions after these kids are long forgotten. must find a way to change that without directly paying the players.

the players have no POWER. u think a mike rice could happen in the nba? ha! kg would have a doc (acting like rice) bent over a table in a sec with a belt in his right hand! phil j says it best per usual: "The old model of military “building character” thru aggressive behavior is old hat-positive feedback-nurturing is the way." and all this for a coach that went 15-17, 14-18,15-16 the last 3 years and 5-13, 6-12 in conference with overall 16-38 rec. they go to the tougher big 10 next year, how will they be able to recruit? y would anyone want their son to play for that guy or that school anytime soon?

as for murdock, from what i have heard he's the only one to have initially stepped up. brought all this to the reluctant ad's attention. had his contract not renewed mostly due to this. he apparently asked for $1m and what not.. but i would wanna get paid too, if i had my livelihood mesed with for being decent. he later leaked out his copy of the video, bringing down the house of cards.. i say good for him. one man's snitch is another's whistle blower. hope he's hired to lead the program now and clean up that messs!

interestingly, doc revealed this  morning that he and isaiah (really close form chitown) were to both go to indiana together (who would have started at the point?) and play for knight but he quit at the last sec for depaul as was originally intended with thomas. felt though that knight was a motivating yeller not a degrader. doc's view on dictator degraders: “Yeah, maybe for a moment it may work. But at some point it becomes white noise, and it no longer works. So, I don’t believe in that. I get on my guys, I encourage them, I yell at them at times, I guess. But at the end of the day I challenge them to just want to be better and do better for the team. At the end of the day, I think that’s the right approach." would assume thats the spoelstra approach as well.

You should be banned from ever posting again.

And Doc never went to DePaul.  I guess you can't trust the twit feed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Rice should not be banned from coaching. Other coaches have done the same or worse and were allowed to return. However, I wouldn't hire him and I wouldn't let my son to play for him.

In no way is Eric Murdock a snitch.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

The world is full of second chances, and I'm sure Rice will attend anger management classes, and wind up on his feet.  He may have to prove himself again in the NAIA, or D3 level, but everyone should get a second chance...........or in the case of Steve Howe - 7 chances!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc should hire Rice to be Rondos personal coach and teach him team ball and how to shoot FT's...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Doc should hire Rice to be Rondos personal coach and teach him team ball and how to shoot FT's...

LOL, that would be fun!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

I just visioned that.  That would be funny.  What about RR over dribbling the basketball and Rice comes over and shoves him into the second row.    Jokes aside the guy should have been under control earlier, warned, and fired if it happened again.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Thank you.

John Wooden, the greatest coach in basketball history, never raised his voice.

Pretty sure he never hurled a basketball at Bill Walton's head or called Lew Alcindor "a f------ f-----."