Sign Bibby & Murphy NOW!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

Sign Bibby & Murphy NOW!!!

With West out again (so what's new) with a sprained ankle and Shaq & JO still on the shelf (gathering dust and a few more pounds), it's time for Danny to put on his sales hat and sign Bibby & Murphy. The former will give us a RELIABLE back-up point who is not subject to injury or emotional meltdowns. The latter will give us a big who can rebound and spread the floor with his outside shot. For the third slot, I'd like to keep that kid Johnson we just brought up. He can alter shots and run the floor well. Having another athletic big would help us against the likes of Noah, Dirk et al

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

Re: Sign Bibby & Murphy NOW!!!

Johnson is a miniature Manute Bol..   Sign Bibby, Brewer and Murphy.  Blocking them to Miami is the most important consideration.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

If blocking is the strategy then it is a bad strategy.  You need to offer player a role in the team, Bibby will go to Miami because he will be the starting PG over Chalmers.  Murphy, for the same reason, can have bigger role because the Heat has big depth problem at 4 and 5.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The problem is, would those players want to go to Boston?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Sign Bibby & Murphy NOW!!!:
    [QUOTE]With West out again (so what's new) with a sprained ankle and Shaq & JO still on the shelf (gathering dust and a few more pounds), it's time for Danny to put on his sales hat and sign Bibby & Murphy. The former will give us a RELIABLE back-up point who is not subject to injury or emotional meltdowns. The latter will give us a big who can rebound and spread the floor with his outside shot. For the third slot, I'd like to keep that kid Johnson we just brought up. He can alter shots and run the floor well. Having another athletic big would help us against the likes of Noah, Dirk et al
    Posted by henryfinkel[/QUOTE]

At this point I think we all know that Bibby is going to Miami and be there to fire up 3s at the end of games and perhaps bring some sort of semblance of half court offense late in games.  Why on Earth would the Celtics want a point guard that can shoot and run the half court offense late in games?  Oh wait, their point guard can't - that's right.  And now with West out for a couple of weeks, they still don't.  Wonder why Bibby would want to go to Miami not Boston.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

LOL! So Dudder are you suggesting the C's don't have that PG to shoot and run offense at the end of games. Well at least he can shoot FTs...oh wait!

Just joking. I'm fine with Rondo. When the playoffs come Rondo will out play all these guys.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Sign Bibby & Murphy NOW!!!:
    [QUOTE]LOL! So Dudder are you suggesting the C's don't have that PG to shoot and run offense at the end of games. Well at least he can shoot FTs...oh wait! Just joking. I'm fine with Rondo. When the playoffs come Rondo will out play all these guys.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Yeah I can definitely see that... he will outplay Billups and Rose.  Yeah I can see that.  LMFAO.

Last time the Cs played the Bulls Rose had 32 and the Bulls won by 11.  Billups as usual will destroy Rondo if they are head to head.

Let's see Rose, Billups, Williams, Wall, and maybe CP3....  so next year Rondo at least gets into the top 5 in the conference discussion.  And of course when you add Jennings.... well maybe not.

As people are starting to understand how overrated Perk is, the same will come for Rondo.

Nobody will ever ever admit how wrong they were, they will just call me an idiot and a racist and stupid, etc.  On the other probably the best description would be is correct.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sign Bibby & Murphy NOW!!! : Yeah I can definitely see that... he will outplay Billups and Rose.  Yeah I can see that.  LMFAO. Last time the Cs played the Bulls Rose had 32 and the Bulls won by 11.  Billups as usual will destroy Rondo if they are head to head. Let's see Rose, Billups, Williams, Wall, and maybe CP3....  so next year Rondo at least gets into the top 5 in the conference discussion.  And of course when you add Jennings.... well maybe not. As people are starting to understand how overrated Perk is, the same will come for Rondo. Nobody will ever ever admit how wrong they were, they will just call me an idiot and a racist and stupid, etc.  On the other probably the best description would be is correct.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Your sentences don't even make sense.  However, another word I would rather choose is mistaken or wrong.  Rondo is a good PG.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sign Bibby & Murphy NOW!!! : Your sentences don't even make sense.  However, another word I would rather choose is mistaken or wrong.  Rondo is a good PG.
    Posted by dahc13[/QUOTE]

Rondo is a good point guard especially if you make it as vague as humanly possible but if you look at the point guards he is likely to face in the playoffs... um... he is not as good as them.  Rose is an MVP candidate and has dominated Rondo head to head and Billups always has as well.

As far as my sentences not making sense - not hearing what one wants to hear is very different from not making sense.

At this stage if the Cs traded Rondo for Jrue Holiday I don't think they would be any worse off.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]LOL! So Dudder are you suggesting the C's don't have that PG to shoot and run offense at the end of games. Well at least he can shoot FTs...oh wait! Just joking. I'm fine with Rondo. When the playoffs come Rondo will out play all these guys.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]
    He`ll certainly outplay Bibby. Has been for years.So will Delonte.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

How many and who we pick up will say alot about the health of the oneals. I heard earlier last week Da;embert might get bought out,but since that doesn't seem to have happened I say Murphy and Butler or MO Peterson. I'm not a big Bibby fan.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sign Bibby & Murphy NOW!!! : Rondo is a good point guard especially if you make it as vague as humanly possible but if you look at the point guards he is likely to face in the playoffs... um... he is not as good as them.  Rose is an MVP candidate and has dominated Rondo head to head and Billups always has as well. As far as my sentences not making sense - not hearing what one wants to hear is very different from not making sense. At this stage if the Cs traded Rondo for Jrue Holiday I don't think they would be any worse off.

You said "On the other probably the best description would be is correct."-- That is grammatically incorrect.  It has nothing to do with me wanting to "hear" something, you just don't make sense.  However, as far as being vague I am sorry didn't mean to be I just find it funny how against Rondo you are in claiming he would get owned by the other PGs.

I don't think anyone would argue on the offensive end he is better then those you named, but nobody can argue his value to THIS team.  Pierce's shooting percentages alone with Rondo on the court is evident enough to show this.

Rondo cannot make his own shot and he isn't that good of a shooter yes but he is a competitor and he is more important to the Celtics than you give him credit for.  If rondo goes down with an injury our shot of #18 is over, IMO and I think many would agree.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sign Bibby & Murphy NOW!!! : He`ll certainly outplay Bibby. Has been for years.So will Delonte.
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]

Yes of course but he will not outplay the Heat's point guard - LeBron.  I think Rondo has dropped 5 points and 2 points in his last two games.  He is likely to go off for 7 tonight against a former all-star point guard.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sign Bibby & Murphy NOW!!! : Rondo is a good point guard especially if you make it as vague as humanly possible but if you look at the point guards he is likely to face in the playoffs... um... he is not as good as them.  Rose is an MVP candidate and has dominated Rondo head to head and Billups always has as well. As far as my sentences not making sense - not hearing what one wants to hear is very different from not making sense. At this stage if the Cs traded Rondo for Jrue Holiday I don't think they would be any worse off.

No matter what the topic, you find a way to weave in that you hate Rondo. I think we know your feelings.  Amazingly, no matter how many of us give you evidence to the contrary, you won't even consider another point of view.  So, why do you continue to debate the topic?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sign Bibby & Murphy NOW!!! : No matter what the topic, you find a way to weave in that you hate Rondo. I think we know your feelings.  Amazingly, no matter how many of us give you evidence to the contrary, you won't even consider another point of view.  So, why do you continue to debate the topic?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Now you know.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sign Bibby & Murphy NOW!!! : Now you know.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    and knowing is half the battle.