Sign Jannero Pargo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Sign Jannero Pargo

So now that Melo and Joseph have been sent down, can't the C's sign a FA?

Pargo would be a great backup PG until AB is ready. It doesn't look like Lee, JT or Barbosa really want those duties.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Sign Jannero Pargo

Melo and Joseph still have spots on the Celtics roster so we will have to waive one player to sign one.

Besides, I live in Washington, watch him closely, and Pargo is not someone that we should sign, especially at the expense of waiving someone.

Getting a backup to Rondo is a secondary priority.  Getting a rebounding big is our top priority.

Our 3 guard rotation played really well last night without Rondo.  Our "Truth" just did not close it out.  We had less Rondo-like "table-setting" but more overall offensive production from the 3 guards.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

We need rebounding, 15 offensive boards in the first half was totally unacceptable. The celtics will get killed by teams like Denver who live off the glass. hoping that when Bradley comes back healthy the defense will tighten up a little more. I like the energy that Wilcox is bringing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

True. I was so mad at Doc last night. When we play tems that have legitimate C's...Bynum, Lopez, Howard, Davis. We need to play Darko and Collins. Collins played but if he's not effective go to Darko. You can't expect KG to bang with those guys the entire game. Lopez was killing us. We go small way too much at times.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Agree with Petey and BLB

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to 34wheelchair's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's the real question:

How does BLB not know that when players are sent to the D-League that they still are on the 15 man roster? 

This is all on Danny.

How's this for recent big man acquisitions?

Rasheed, JON, Shaq, Troy Murphy, Sean Williams, Jason Collins, Darko.

[/QUOTE]

I was asking a question while giving a suggestion. I didn't think guys in the D-L were considered part of your ACTIVE roster.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 34wheelchair's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's the real question:

How does BLB not know that when players are sent to the D-League that they still are on the 15 man roster? 

This is all on Danny.

How's this for recent big man acquisitions?

Rasheed, JON, Shaq, Troy Murphy, Sean Williams, Jason Collins, Darko.

[/QUOTE]

I was asking a question while giving a suggestion. I didn't think guys in the D-L were considered part of your ACTIVE roster.

[/QUOTE]

Just remember 15 is the magic number.  Once you're at 15 signed players, you're at the limit

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Doc is reverting back to the same things he's done in years past. Shortening the rotation and relying on KG too much. There are times when Wilcox will be more effective and there are times when Darko's size will be more effective. He can't get into to this rotation by what the card says.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

Doc is reverting back to the same things he's done in years past. Shortening the rotation and relying on KG too much. There are times when Wilcox will be more effective and there are times when Darko's size will be more effective. He can't get into to this rotation by what the card says.

[/QUOTE]

IMO, they will play eventually.  Collins played last night, right?  He will ease them in, unless there is an injury.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You cant'just start putting new people in every game..have to let the current players adjust to the team concept still. Throw in the Rondo injury and you could have a disaster. True the bigs might have helped, but the rotation flow that is coming around woudl have been jeapordized. He tried Collins but did not work well. Wilcox is our best back up big right now. We had a chance to win on the road with back to back games, i think thats pretty good. Pierce just missed a three pt opportunity to close the game. Ill take that any day. This team is getting better and will continue  to do so.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Melo and Joseph still have spots on the Celtics roster so we will have to waive one player to sign one.

Besides, I live in Washington, watch him closely, and Pargo is not someone that we should sign, especially at the expense of waiving someone.

Getting a backup to Rondo is a secondary priority.  Getting a rebounding big is our top priority.

Our 3 guard rotation played really well last night without Rondo.  Our "Truth" just did not close it out.  We had less Rondo-like "table-setting" but more overall offensive production from the 3 guards.

[/QUOTE]

And in the end...the offense bogged down because no one could run the offense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You cant'just start putting new people in every game..have to let the current players adjust to the team concept still. Throw in the Rondo injury and you could have a disaster. True the bigs might have helped, but the rotation flow that is coming around woudl have been jeapordized. He tried Collins but did not work well. Wilcox is our best back up big right now. We had a chance to win on the road with back to back games, i think thats pretty good. Pierce just missed a three pt opportunity to close the game. Ill take that any day. This team is getting better and will continue  to do so.

[/QUOTE]

I understand your point but remember this is the same thing that started happening the past few years. Then what ends up happening is guys start getting injured and then Doc has to play guys in roles they aren't ready for.
     Now is the time to play different people when the games aren't as critical and you can start to develop a depper bench...ala the Spurs, Clippers. Why wait to start playing Darko and Collins when games become too important....let's see what they can do now. What's wrong with playing Darko/Collins with Wilcox going to the 4 spot. It seems we're always trying to play a small PF in Bass & Green and it leaves KG as the only guy with size. Hence...killed on the boards. Doc never goes big, he always goes small. Why??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE].

[/QUOTE]

Last night our 3 guard rotation produced 40/15/11 and 2 TOs.

The previous night they produced 25/6/6 and 4 TOs.

Way better offensive production from the guards.

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

The previous night they produced 25/6/6 and 4 TOs

puddinpuddin, i suppose there's no sense letting facts get in the way, but where do rondo's 10 assists from wed nite fit into your tally? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And in the end...the offense bogged down because no one could run the offense.

[/QUOTE]

See, I disagree that the offense bogged down because no one could run the offense.  We got pretty good offensive efficiency throughout the game including the 4th quarter.  There was a stretch where we went something like 5 straight possessions shooting jump shots, that missed, that got the Nets back into it.

We got good shots.  Even without Rondo, we got very good movement and spacing in the 4th quarter.  We got some very good looks.  We just did not knock them down.  And when we depend on Pierce to close things at the end, he failed to close.  We relied too much on the perimeter shot and with the only guy who was attacking the rim, Barbosa, on the bench, Doc chose to live with the jump shots.

But I definitely don't think the offense bogged down.