sign of the times... AB: "NO WAY ANYONE WOULD EVER SCORE 40 on me!"

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: sign of the times... AB:

whaddup Commie. Got a link or do we have to take your word for it? 

I have no probs with Bradley calling Rondo out on his D, Rondo deserves it. On the other hand AB got burned by him too

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

whaddup Commie. Got a link or do we have to take your word for it? 

I have no probs with Bradley calling Rondo out on his D, Rondo deserves it. On the other hand AB got burned by him too

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2013/01/23/was-avery-bradley-firing-a-twitter-shot-at-rajon-rondo/

paraphrased a bit...
    whaddup with this Commie fixation you people have on this board? I am the LOVER.. would you want me to not address you as Spanker or spankee? Commie was at the 9th dimension of existence, I am only at the 3rd dimension. That's a big difference. I may follow the Commie in same way some people follow Jesus, Buddha, Ayn Rand, Muhammed or MLK.. but I am not thou art he!

Commie you need help

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Glad to see signs of internal dissention on the C's.

Directed at RR is a plus.

That's what they need right now.  Anger.

Commie, did you get banned and come back with a new identity or

did you just assume a new identity.

Inquiring minds want to know.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I'm sure he'll get the chance to back it up next time they play the Cavs, we'll see.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Don't know ur real name, but 69 posts in less than 4 days!!   And, already controversy.......   I do know that in a critical (need a stop) play towards end of 4th Q, KI got an 'and 1' against AB at the R baseline.   KI is tough.   AB is not a 'shut down' defensive player.   He's a hustler.   That's all.   Nothing wrong w/ that.   Cs don't have enough (as well as many NBA teams).
       I'm a defensive player.   AB plays nothing like me.   I change it around.   Sometimes deny, sometimes play tough.   Sometimes play passing lane, sometimes double team.   Sometimes do all that Thib rotation.  That is why I'm not impressed w/ AB's defense.   Most good defensive players 'change the scenery' so to speak.   AB is just on the ball hustle.   KI and many pgs in the NBA are too good of ballhandlers to play like that.   They love dribbling and trying to dribble against good coverage.  
       Many of you don't know about Big Bill Russell.   He tried not to give guys like Wilt the Stilt consistently the same look.   Switched things around.   Also, he would say that he didn't go for every block.   Kept guys guessing.   Also, he knew when to rest to get the most of himself.   He was a thinking man.   AB just plays at one speed.   To good basketball players, that is a breeze.   It's tougher when you have to play a mind game.   Many of you don't think I like AB.   I love his hustle.   I just don't put him w/ the KC Jones', Don Chaney's, DJ's, John-John's, (or even a motivated Charley Scott w/ his long arms).   AB plays more like a football player.... there is a reason that most football players couldn't play pro b-ball (besides can't shoot... and like AB can't dribble).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Good, I'm glad someone called out The Matador. Maybe it will make him play better defense and focus on running the team and running some offensive plays instead playing pick up ball.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

As I said before............BRADLEY'S DEFENSE IS OVERRATED - ADD 4 MORE DEFENSIVE DUDES FROM THE TEAM, THEN IT COUNTS.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Think of the Pats.   They have many 1st to 3rd round dbs and other defensive players.   All hustling.   Very few playmakers.   Rodney Harrison and Asante Samuels.   Now they made plays.   Thinking men.   Similar to AB.   He's hustling like the current Pats dbs.   But not making enough impact to not get blitz'd by 40pts (when a guys in a zone we can all get blitz'd... no excuses)!   Very few Pats defensive players out there thinking on their feet - making plays.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Come on guys, you know how it goes.  Rondo starts out defending Irving.  Irving is killing him early (1st qtr) and AB or Doc tells Rondo to switch players.  Rondo's ego gets bruised and he defiantly refuses and is deadfast set on guarding Irving.  Heck, Rondo even caught a little fire himself on the offensive end but he just could not contain Irving on the defensive end.

So Rondo continues checking Irving (with AB and Lee checking him at times too) but at the most critical of times, it seems that Irving is simply abusing "RONDO".

So post-game, AB is probably upset and angry that he wasn't assigned to guard Irving and he spouted off exactly what he feels.  Bottom line is - HE'S RIGHT!

I believe you want to keep those types of comments in house but, in this circumstance, I don't see anything wrong with some brash confidence even if it takes a shot across Rondo's bow.

We'll see tonight what effect that had on Rondo.  If he plays a lackluster, uninspired game, then I guess he's taking AB's comments hard.  If he has a point to prove, then I expect he'll come out and dominate on both ends of the court, especially on the defensive end (I'll show you AB what I can do defensively).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

AB is a great defender. Doc had to take him off Irving because he picked up 2 quick fouls.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

Come on guys, you know how it goes.  Rondo starts out defending Irving.  Irving is killing him early (1st qtr) and AB or Doc tells Rondo to switch players.  Rondo's ego gets bruised and he defiantly refuses and is deadfast set on guarding Irving.  Heck, Rondo even caught a little fire himself on the offensive end but he just could not contain Irving on the defensive end.

So Rondo continues checking Irving (with AB and Lee checking him at times too) but at the most critical of times, it seems that Irving is simply abusing "RONDO".

So post-game, AB is probably upset and angry that he wasn't assigned to guard Irving and he spouted off exactly what he feels.  Bottom line is - HE'S RIGHT!

I believe you want to keep those types of comments in house but, in this circumstance, I don't see anything wrong with some brash confidence even if it takes a shot across Rondo's bow.

We'll see tonight what effect that had on Rondo.  If he plays a lackluster, uninspired game, then I guess he's taking AB's comments hard.  If he has a point to prove, then I expect he'll come out and dominate on both ends of the court, especially on the defensive end (I'll show you AB what I can do defensively).

Spot on Petey! I mean, we all saw what AB did to Wade last year during the playoffs. He completely neutralized him! There's no way Irving scores 20+, let alone 40 with Bradley defending him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

AB is a great defender. Doc had to take him off Irving because he picked up 2 quick fouls.

Thank you. i hate when ppl make up all these outlandish stories about what happened. Just watch the game and you will know.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to celticsfanmx's comment:

Spot on Petey! I mean, we all saw what AB did to Wade last year during the playoffs. He completely neutralized him! There's no way Irving scores 20+, let alone 40 with Bradley defending him.

Ähh? No we didn't  saw him, cause AB did not play against Wade in the play offs. You must have confused him with the guy who was responsible for all our weaknesses last year and all our and Miamis weaknesses this year: Ray Allen.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Good  for AB.. hes probably sick of hearing how Ronda makes the all defensive team when real players knows hes garbage on D///

...Thanks AB for getting in this diva's grill.. 

I know one thing, Doc sure as heck wouldnt do it.

Maybe btw this and trade rumors we'll finally get rid of this albatross

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Covering Felton vs KI isn't a good comparison, but still we'll see.   Why did AB get 2 quick fouls (good D players don't often get into foul trouble as they play D w/ their feet)?
       Also, good D players are conductors.   It's what KG is more than on the ball D player.   It's what they say KP was developing into.   I don't see AB talking.   Instructing teamates what to do... where to go.   Just himself hustling.   Again like football Ronnie Lott, Reed, Harrison, Palamolo, great strong safeties read the plays, help teamates.   I don't see AB playing as a defensive coach on the court which good defensive players always are.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

It's outlandish to think committing 3 fouls completely takes a player out of his game.  AB committed two early fouls.  He ended the game with 3 fouls (all in the first half guarding Irving) so let's not make it seem like getting two early fouls effected his ability to play and defend for the entire game.

Honestly, he played only 26 minutes in the whole game and he committed ZERO fouls in the second half.  He could have made a difference on Irving, especially in the 4th quarter when Irving got past Rondo with ease and made 3 or 4 layups at the rim.

AB was fully capable of guarding Irving for the majority of the game, especially in the 2nd half.  Getting two early fouls had nothing to do with that.  After sitting alot in the 1st qtr, when AB played the majority of his minutes in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, it just might be a coincidence that Irving only made two baskets (1 on the 2nd and 1 in the 3rd qtr) during that span.

AB is a better defender and there is no doubt, even with Irving "feelin' it" that night, I doubt he would have scored 40 merely because AB would have made him work harder whereas Rondo doesn't work hard on the defensive end.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Saving fouls more important than stopping IRving in Docs mind.

AB is our stopper.. thats what he does.  If it was Rondo or PP picking up too many early fouls, I can see switching them off.. they play other important roles... but if AB cant slow down Irving, his value diminishes greatly.

Id have pulled him for a little then right back... if he picked up his 5th in the 3rd per... id have sat him and put back in half way thru the 4th.