Signing West = Celtics have to play short handed for 10 Games!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

Signing West = Celtics have to play short handed for 10 Games!

The Celtics will have to play with only 11 players for the so very important  first 10 games of the season. With O'Neil playing hurt with Erdan playing hurt, with Shaq playing at age 38 the C's can not afford to be playing with only 11 players.

Another stupid signing by Ainge, no other team even wanted West.
    Shaq stated in the paper today that West did not respect any player or coach on the Cavs' except  Shaq. Why would Danny want such a messed up trouble maker on the C's. Remember Rondo and West were not the best friends back a couple years ago.

I guess West's tattoos for just too appealing for Danny the Homeboy.

Run

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: Signing West = Celtics have to play short handed for 10 Games!

I think you right. Danny also drooling at Pittsnogle's grafitti.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I don't care what color the player is West is a definate upgrade over Tony Allen and his A.D.D. gives him an edge so most players walk on eggshells when dealing with his crazy attitude. Look he's no saint and he's already called out Wafer for being less than a man when he was playing two on two against him and Erdan, and by doing so he's actually helping his teammate toughen up! The NBA/WWE schedule is a long and trying time and there will be a time that West won't be able to go,but when he is you will get 100% and no backing down out of him...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    First, let me ask a question: what's more important for the Celtics, first 10 games of the season or first 10 games in playoffs? DW is a very good player, at the both ends. Was a starter on a 60+ wins team.
    I think it's a great pickup by DA, especially considering the price.

AK

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

do us a favor and go be ricky rubio and darko fan in minny. we would all be happier.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Anyone who decries the DW signing does not know his basketball.  Delonte is a very capable defensive player who can score the basketball.  DW is equal to TA on the defensive end.  Offensively, TA cannot compete with DW.  Honestly, I can envision stretches where DW gets alot of playing time with the starters when Rondo goes through one of his dry spells.

If DW stays healthy, he may very well turn out to be the best pick up this offseason.  Once Perk returns and gets his legs back (by playoffs), the two O'Neals will be backup contributors because (again if he's good by playoffs) Perk will get the bulk of the time.  Also, if he comes back strong by the playoffs, Perk will be ready to play because of inactivity this season.

I think we'll be just fine over the first 10 games without DW.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerseycfan. Show jerseycfan's posts

You are correct Petey!!!!!    Delonte will be just what the Doctor ordered.  He will be a wonderful addition and a Celtic again!!!!   We are almost here....... cannot wait.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Just what the doctor ordered if, as Tommy Heinsohn said tonight, his back and personal health problems don't become chronic ... this back thing started around 10/7 and has dragged on some time now and then there's the temper thing he had with Wafer ... Risk/Reward is starting to go in the favor of risk. Hope we don't lose Lasme to another team then ultimately see West turned loose.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=nba&id=1064

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

In Response to Re: Signing West = Celtics have to play short handed for 10 Games!:
    [QUOTE]Just what the doctor ordered if, as Tommy Heinsohn said tonight, his back and personal health problems don't become chronic ... this back thing started around 10/7 and has dragged on some time now and then there's the temper thing he had with Wafer ... Risk/Reward is starting to go in the favor of risk. Hope we don't lose Lasme to another team then ultimately see West turned loose. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=nba&id=1064
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Says you? 

What you usually say usually turns out to be the opposite of what will actually happen. Laughing 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

I didn't like the West signing either.  Just don't like the guy.  But he's on the team now, so I'm not sweating it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

West is an excellent signing if he gets his head on straight (maybe 50/50 proposition). He can shoot, playmake and defend. He & Nate played great together on the 2nd unit this preseason.

I read the article about West only respecting Shaq on the Cavs and can you blame him all that much? The team was a circus of fools led by the head fool Lebron. The rest of the players pretty much fell in locked step dancin, shakin & acting like idiots on the court.

West has always played well and did so in the playoffs against the C's in 08, the only other player besides Lebron to be heard from.

West will be a great help if he stays out of trouble and takes his meds.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerseycfan. Show jerseycfan's posts

In Response to Re: Signing West = Celtics have to play short handed for 10 Games!:
    [QUOTE]Just what the doctor ordered if, as Tommy Heinsohn said tonight, his back and personal health problems don't become chronic ... this back thing started around 10/7 and has dragged on some time now and then there's the temper thing he had with Wafer ... Risk/Reward is starting to go in the favor of risk. Hope we don't lose Lasme to another team then ultimately see West turned loose. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=nba&id=1064
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

He was the second best player on the Cav's last year according to many on the Cav's board.  I love his fire and if you dont have fire you win nothing.... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

would we really be playing with 11? wouldn't he just be on IR or inactive or whatever? we'd still have 12 on our bench, wouldn't we?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]would we really be playing with 11? wouldn't he just be on IR or inactive or whatever? we'd still have 12 on our bench, wouldn't we?
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]

Nope. According to NBA rules Delonte will count as the 12th man but ineligible to play.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

West will be a very good role player on a team of veterans.  Did you watch the Cleveland series the past few years?  West is a clutch playoff performer and he will add to this team.  As usual, a pretty uneducated opinion. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Hey runrunandrun....keep runnin!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Worst case scenario, Delonte uses one of his guns, from the guitar case, and shoots Lebron or Kobe. 

HAHAHA!!! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

In Response to Signing West = Celtics have to play short handed for 10 Games!:
    [QUOTE]The Celtics will have to play with only 11 players for the so very important  first 10 games of the season. With O'Neil playing hurt with Erdan playing hurt, with Shaq playing at age 38 the C's can not afford to be playing with only 11 players. Another stupid signing by Ainge, no other team even wanted West. Shaq stated in the paper today that West did not respect any player or coach on the Cavs' except  Shaq. Why would Danny want such a messed up trouble maker on the C's. Remember Rondo and West were not the best friends back a couple years ago. I guess West's tattoos for just too appealing for Danny the Homeboy. Run
    Posted by runrunandrun[/QUOTE]

For God's sake. Will you just shut up. Please! Everyone here is sick to death of your insane ramblings.

What don't you get about the fact that you aren't going to convince sane intelligent people that two plus two equal five? Your thinking is warped. Subjecting us to it over and over again is not going to do anything but annoy all involved parties.

I speak for everyone when I say: Please, just go away.

And to BDC- why wont you do something about this racist fool? He brings absolutely nothing of value to this forum and only serves to anger and incite rational people.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

nice post at 10:44 PM EDT, dafoe. but bdc is hiding your posts for whatever reason. bet they'll fix it if you ask nicely.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

[QUOTE]nice post at 10:44 PM EDT, dafoe. but bdc is hiding your posts for whatever reason. bet they'll fix it if you ask nicely.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

Huh? I can see my post just fine.

I did post something about Bill O'Brien on Sunday. The post was also slighty critical of Belichick. I thought I would at least get some flame responses- but not a single person replied. Which I thought was a little weird.

I wonder if something is going on with my posts. I have been critical of the mods lately and their refusal to do anything about some of the trolls on this site.

Strange.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

1 win down, 9 to go. Celts are fine without West, who was a good pickup with for this team. 

I advise all to put runrunrun on ignore, he has made clear he connects tattoos to thuggery and is furious at Ainge for not signing enough international (read: white) players, despite the amount of struggles international players have had in the NBA. He feels sorry for himself because he cannot identify with a non-white team. 

Ever since I had him on ignore, things have gone well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

several months ago i found myself in your spot, dafoe. i contacted bdc, they told me why they were hiding me, i said i'd correct the issue, they unhid me. they're reasonable. go that route.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

If an old basketball team can pick when it plays one player short on the bench, it is the first 10 games, because they will never be fresher. It just means extra minutes primarily for Rondo and maybe Ray. Daniels being healthy and out of the doghouse helps too.

Like most pick-ups the C's can make with their very top heavy payroll, West is not without blemishes. But he certainly gives them more dimensions than TA, though not the defensive stopper that TA could be.

He can play either guard position, is athletic, can bury the basketball from downtown and is a good finisher going to the hole. He can bring the ball up against pressure after a made basket a problem the C's have had when Rondo is not on the floor since the Big Three got together. He can lead a break and that means they now have 3 guys that can do that.

Ainge was able to get this guy at the contract amount league rules allow because he has a checkered past and was going to miss the first 10 games. It isn't perfect but most of the rest of the NBA wishes Boston did not get him. He is just another piece to the best bench they have had in this era.