Since this is a Celtics forum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

Re: Since this is a Celtics forum

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to EliasBracamonte's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If I was to guess where Fiercest is from, he is from the places he describes when he tries to hurl insults. It is a sign not just of imaturity but insecurity. I would probably say he is from the Philippines? But what I would also say is that it doesn't matter Fierce where you came from and who you left behind, basketball in a universal sport now. There are Lakers fans all over the world, even in poor countries like the one you came from. There is no shame in that.

:)

[/QUOTE]

Looks like you know a lot about the Philippines. 

Are you describing the country where you are from? 

How could you know what it's like in the Philippines if you weren't there, right?

Gotcha!

[/QUOTE]

What do you have against the fine people of the Phillippines?

Deep down are you some kind of racist?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

[QUOTE]

That's what I mean when you move the entire field when you lose an argument. I never said anything about making it to the Finals. All I said was if a team makes it to the Finals, what that team does in the Finals determines how great that team is. The Finals is where the pressure to win is at its highest. 

[/QUOTE]

You have no choice. How can you win the finals without making the finals? You think playing in the finals is done by flipping coins? throwing dice? or by AP ranking?

So "All I said was if a team makes it to the Finals, what that team does in the Finals determines how great that team is" is nothing but garbage. You can't argue the scenarios that "If a team does not make it to the finals", which happens more than "if the team makes it to the finals", FOR EVERY TEAM!!!!

Oh, so the Celtics weren't good if the pressure is not at its highest? A team can't be great if it just goes thru' the motions when the pressure is not at its highest, i.e. in the conference playoffs. It looks forward to play in the final without even taking care of the current conference opponents? You are just telling me the Celtics aren't a great team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

In response to EliasBracamonte's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd rather have the Lakers records over the Celtics any day of the week and twice on Sunday. No way would any Lakers fan trade our championships (especially modern NBA championships) and finals appearances for the Celtics who hardly ever compete for titles and who won most of their championships in the ancient past NBA where there were only 8 or 9 teams in the league, only TWO 7-footers, etc. etc.

[/QUOTE]

No sane person would rather see his/her team missing the playoffs (in order to collect lottery picks) than lose in the finals. But we have this person here in this forum, posted by Fiercest34:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/celtics/on-the-front-burner/8-straight-finals-losses-an-nba-record/100/5986702?page=2

“Of course we would prefer the Celtics not making the playoffs instead of making it to the Finals and ending up the 1st loser! Why? Because we would have better position in the Draft! The reason why the Celtics got Ray and KG was because of Al Jefferson and the #5 pick of the 2007 Draft.”

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/celtics/on-the-front-burner/ray-allen/100/6288467

“Why would I cry when every Celtic loss only brings us closer to Anthony Davis.”

See, so the Celtics this past season were a massive failure. They failed to land a lottery pick, especially Anthony Davis...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

[QUOTE]

Come on, the last 2 seasons, the Lakers only won 1 game in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

But by your standard, the Celtics were even worse. They failed to land a lottery pick.

“Of course we would prefer the Celtics not making the playoffs instead of making it to the Finals and ending up the 1st loser! Why? Because we would have better position in the Draft! The reason why the Celtics got Ray and KG was because of Al Jefferson and the #5 pick of the 2007 Draft.”

So, no lottery picks (Al Jefferson & Jeff Green), how do you expect the Celtics to be far ahead of the Lakers in # championships in the next 20 years?

Wait, I take it back, you just stole a lottery pick: Darko Milicic. That's how the Celtics accumulate lottery picks to win championship...

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Since this is a Celtics forum:

OK so temporarily, with the ignore feature gone, we are privy to everyone's posts.....that there are a lot of kids onboard is quite obvious...and some are pretending to be Celtic fans who want to point out the "truth"...(you and we all know who you are...)

that said....isn't it about time to drop all the "Celtics were a great team many years ago"....?  .....let's take a look at the last five years....the Celtics have been a true contender....they have two trips to the Finals, where they have split championships with the Lakers....in the second year of the "Big 3 Era" they were dominating the league until KG was lost for the season...I believe they probably would've had a repeat....this past year they took the Heat down to the final quarter in game 7 on the road....now Danny has retooled (as has Mitch)....both teams will contend this year....the Celtics currently are younger than the Lakers....let's just let the season play out and see what happens....

as a Celtic fan I still hang my hat on the Celtics legacy over the years....and their dominance head to head with the Lakers...

We have been dreadful for a good part of the last 25 years but have had a nice run over the last 5 years. My concern is our age. Bass and Lee are decent younger players but besides Rondo, we have no youth to build the team around. Bradley is a nice defensive player but will never accomplish much as a starter. KG and Pierce don't have much time left and we have no cap space for a couple of years to sign younger players. With being over the salary cap, we can no longer participate in any sign and trades.

I expect us to win 50 games in the East and make a nice run in the playoffs.

Enjoy the season!

[/QUOTE]Lee,Green,Bass,Sullinger,RR,Bradley,Melo,Joseph,all are young and atheletic. Only KG,Terry,and the Truth are on the old side of their NBA careers,I am not counting guys like Collins as he is just here for the b/u minutes he can garner and Milicic is a young guy at 27,the others competing for spots on the team are mid to late 20's so this isn't any old team by any stretch of your imagination.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

[QUOTE]

In the end I was right, both Celtics and Lakers didn't make it to the Finals as predicted. But the Lakers only won 1 game in the 2nd round. Ugh!

I'm using your standards. 

See, I can play that game too!

[/QUOTE]

Good that you finally learned. Yes, you surely can use my standard. My standard has pinned the Lakers above the Celtics in 23 out of the 31 seasons in which

- both teams are in the league (1948-48 - 2011-12)

- neither team won the championship

The Lakers are still blowing out the Celtics, 23-8, despite the Celtics winning the last two years.

2012 Celtics (CF, Lakers - 2nd round)
    2011 Celtics (both teams in 2nd round, the Celtics had better playoff record)
    2007 Lakers (1st round, Celtics - no playoffs)
    2006 Lakers (1st round, Celtics - no playoffs)
    2005 Celtics (1st round, Lakers - no playoffs)
    2004 Lakers (final, Celtics - 1st round)
    2003 Lakers (2nd round, Celtics - 2nd round, embarrassing sweep by the Nets)
    1999 Lakers (2nd round, Celtics - no playoffs)
    1998 Lakers (CF, Celtics - no playoffs)
    1997 Lakers (2nd round, Celtics - no playoffs)
    1996 Lakers (1st round, Celtics - no playoffs)
    1995 Lakers (2nd round, Celtics - 1st round)
    1994 Lakers (no playoffs 33-49, Celtics - no playoffs 32-50)
    1993 Lakers (1st round, Celtics no playoffs)
    1992 Celtics (2nd round, Lakers - 1st round)
    1991 Lakers (final, Celtics - 2nd round)
    1990 Lakers (2nd round, Celtics - 1st round)
    1989 Lakers (final, Celtics - 1st round)
    1983 Lakers (finals, Celtics - 2nd round)
    1979 Lakers (2nd round, Celtics - no playoffs)
    1978 Lakers (2nd round, Celtics - no playoffs)
    1977 Lakers (CF, Celtics - 2nd round)
    1975 Celtics (CF, Lakers - no playoffs)
    1973 Lakers (Final, Celtics - CF)
    1971 Lakers (CF, Celtics - no playoffs)
    1970 Lakers (Final, Celtics - no playoffs)
    1967 Celtics (DF, Lakers - DSF)
    1958 Celtics (Final, Lakers - no playoffs)
    1956 Lakers (same round and record in the playoff, Lakers made the playoffs with 40-32 record, Celtics only 36-36)
    1955 Celtics (same round and same record in the playoffs, Celtics had better regular season 39-33 vs 33-39)
    1951 Lakers (DF, Celtics - DSF)

See, I am the real "truth" that you have to play MY GAME...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

[QUOTE]

The Celtics are a great team. You know it, I know it.

[/QUOTE]

I know it isn't. No chance.

By your own confession, they played the best only when the pressure is the highest. But they look past opponents just expect to land in the high-pressure situation (final) by default. That's not the sign of a great team. That's the sign of an indifferent team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

[QUOTE]

Wow! That's some thread. Went to the Finals 8 times and lost in the Finals 8 straight times. Is that an American pro sports record? 

I mean how many pro teams from the NFL, NHL, NBA, and MLB went to the championship 8 times and lost 8 straight times?

Talk about futility.

[/QUOTE]

Lost in the finals 8 straight times is better than not winning a playoff series 9 straight years, true or false?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

[QUOTE]

So many words but so little substance.

The only game you're playing is trolling.

[/QUOTE]

I see that you have no argument on that front, good. It (comparing numbers) is not even a game you are capable of playing...

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

[QUOTE]

There is no rule that I should play a game with you. My only objective here is to make you post until you will finally say the Lakers are a crappy team.

[/QUOTE]

Well, until that happens, you keep exposing your own team's deficiency, e.g. as one that's not a great team, i.e. a team that wouldn't win unless the pressure is at the highest, or a team that would rather miss the playoffs than play in the finals, etc.

Sure, let's keep doing that until the Lakers become a crappy team.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

[QUOTE]

You don't need to wait long. By December, the Lakers will be crappy.

[/QUOTE]

Your predictions in the past weren't too hot, so that's actually a blessing...

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to KingShaq's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That's what I mean when you move the entire field when you lose an argument. I never said anything about making it to the Finals. All I said was if a team makes it to the Finals, what that team does in the Finals determines how great that team is. The Finals is where the pressure to win is at its highest. 

[/QUOTE]

You have no choice. How can you win the finals without making the finals? You think playing in the finals is done by flipping coins? throwing dice? or by AP ranking?

So "All I said was if a team makes it to the Finals, what that team does in the Finals determines how great that team is" is nothing but garbage. You can't argue the scenarios that "If a team does not make it to the finals", which happens more than "if the team makes it to the finals", FOR EVERY TEAM!!!!

Oh, so the Celtics weren't good if the pressure is not at its highest? A team can't be great if it just goes thru' the motions when the pressure is not at its highest, i.e. in the conference playoffs. It looks forward to play in the final without even taking care of the current conference opponents? You are just telling me the Celtics aren't a great team.

[/QUOTE]

The Celtics are a great team. You know it, I know it.

But like I said, keep posting here everyday until the end of the 2012-13 season. I hope you won't jump off the Laker bandwagon once the Lakers crash and burn this season.

Sooner or later you're going to tell me the Lakers are a crappy team.

[/QUOTE]

Love he just takes what we say, negates it, then says "prove the negative" when the negative isn't even what we said!!

Good Luck!!