Sit KG.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Sit KG.

I know he looked great. My instincts still tell me that maybe he should sit out the next game or maybe play very limited minutes. He went pretty hard against the Magic, and he looked fantastic. My fear is that he will stress the injury too much by returning to a full schedule right away. Seeing how important he was against the Magic only reaffirms this sentiment. Feel free to disagree.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Sit KG.

I thought the same thing before last night's game. You may have a point. Maybe cut back some minutes but he does look healthy to me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Every regular season game counts. If the Celtics were to face the Spurs in the Finals right now, Game 1 will be in San Antonio. 

KG is not a coward. Why would he sit if he's healthy?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

the trainers said he would have played last week if it was the playoffs. but they kept him out an extra week to rest it. i think they know what they are doing....... i hope they know what they are doing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

I guess my point was more that you can only do so much to approximate real game minutes, and in the short term I still think it is wise to limit minutes until he is all the way past this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I don't know, healthy is healthy and last night he looked good. I mean, you can break a leg slipping on some ice on the sidewalk.....
    Every game may count this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Especially with the team being Detroit.  I may be a little superstitious but play him for a few minutes and go real easy with him until after 
    the break.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I hope we blow Detroit out so that the starters, especially KG, can get rest that way.  But, if KG is healthy and the physicians + Doc say he's ready, then he should play without artificial restrictions on his minutes.  I trust Doc's judgement about these things - he's pretty conservative in holding people back when they are not healthy (with everyone but Rondo!!!).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

KG looked great, and he was the one who made the defensive play at the end of the game to seal it.  I thought he'd look a little slow or out of sorts.  He did have several turn overs, but he seemed fluid and really didn't seem to miss a step.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1NEFAN2. Show 1NEFAN2's posts

Thought he looked good also.  He's a warrior, and won't want to sit.  Think his min of play has to go down some till he gets his stamina back.  It was great to see him back,  Go C's

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Well, the Celtics have built a reputation (with me anyway) of either bringing some players back too soon from injury or not taking them out with injury... so I understand where the poster that made this thread may be coming from.

KG looked good but a little shaky under the basket. Then again, he usually is. I didnt notice any limping or fear to run hard... so, in my amateur opinion, Id say hes ready to play.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tillson174. Show Tillson174's posts

You don't want to overuse KG, but you do have to play him.  He just sat for 9 games, and I have a feeling the last 3 he could have played. Doc proved last year, he knows what he is doing with resting these guys to keep them healthy. I still predict this team to make to the finals and beat the Lakers if healthy.  Rondo is too much for the Lakers to handle.  A newly healthy KG can defend Pau as well as anyone.  Perk and Shaq should be able to handle Bynum.  Obv Kobe is the issue, but I think he is more guardable now than he has been in the past.  The guys on Ball Chat agree in their last episode.  www.ballchat.podbean.com

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

K.G knows his body. No need for the fans to be concerned.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

In Response to Re: Sit KG.:
    [QUOTE]K.G knows his body. No need for the fans to be concerned.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Yeah KG know his body, but he is also frequently too amped up to know what the smart thing to do is for the long term. I admit that this may be too much, but I don't think you can be too careful (within reason--and maybe I've stepped over the within reason line) when it comes to KG and injuries. It is too important to have him for the post season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sit KG. : Yeah KG know his body, but he is also frequently too amped up to know what the smart thing to do is for the long term. I admit that this may be too much, but I don't think you can be too careful (within reason--and maybe I've stepped over the within reason line) when it comes to KG and injuries. It is too important to have him for the post season.
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]
      I don't question his intelligence. He just sat out 2 and 1/2 weeks with a minor injury. He didn't rush the injury. Doc and the trainers also have a lot to do with when players should and shouldn't play. There are many intellegent decision makers in the process. Of course the system isn't 100%, but it's good enough.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Right now it would be wise to limit minutes for ALL of the starters.  The reason being two fold - less burn on them, but also more minutes for the reserves.  Marquis has played rather well of late.  It would be wise to give him some minutes with the starters and not just more time for the "B" team.  Likewise, I think that Doc needs to get more minutes for Semih.  His minutes have been down lately, which is kind of puzzling with both KG and JO out.  Shaq may be logging too many minutes. 

I would try to do this now, before Perk and Delonte comeback.  At that time minutes for Marquis and Erden will get too thin to be meaningful later if they are needed due to injuries or foul trouble.  As far as KG goes, Baby is playing well;  more minutes exclusively at PF and less at C would benefit Baby, KG, Erden, and Shaq.

Don't want to lose games while doing this, but I don't think we have to.

PA 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Sit 18 million dollars....yeah right!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

[QUOTE]Sit 18 million dollars....yeah right!!!
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

The playoffs are where the stars earn their pay. 

PA

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I think he needs to play some, but limited.  Maybe the c's can get an easy win tonight and limit the starters to <30

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

If KG is fit and injury-free, sitting him for entire games will not work to his benefit. KG needs to maintain a high level of stamina and sharpness. You can't play him for 20 minutes a game and expect him to be comfortable playing twice that number of minutes when playoffs come around. Physical conditioning doesn't work that way. However, limiting his minutes in certain games (like blowout games) to less than his average playing time makes sense. Doc has been carefully monitoring the health of his players, and does not play any of them against the recommendations of the medical and training staff. In Doc I trust.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

so what do you do..play him one every 4 games to make sure he doesnt get hurt? i understand concern but you play when your healthy. anyone can get injured at anytime..its part of the game, so you cant coach like that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

I am talking about in the short term. I wonder what kind of minutes he gets tonight.