Sixers or Knicks, who do you prefer in Round 1?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Sixers or Knicks, who do you prefer in Round 1?

Of course, I'd love the Celts to get #1 seed but given the schedules
    and the way they're playing v. the way the Bulls are playing
    they'll probably be #2.  Tough choice, Philly plays well as a team
    Knicks have dangerous indiviudual players.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

Re: Sixers or Knicks, who do you prefer in Round

I think we would be best playing NY..but it should not matter. Philly is scrappy. 

This teams need to reestablish its identity get healthy and rested..there were alot of changes with that trade and it has affected the chemistry.  The chemistry coupled with the age of the team has caught with the Celtics of late.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Sixers or Knicks, who do you prefer in Round 1?

If we don't get more consistent, we could also end up with seed #3 because Miami is only 2 games behind us (3 in the loss column).

I don't think it matters who the Celts play in the first round.  They have to play well and beat the team.  If the Celtics' fate was dependent on which of those two teams they play, then we aren't a championship team.  Bring on either the Knicks or the Sixers - we have to beat the weaker teams anyway so let's get on with it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

If the Bulls end up the #1 seed then they will be eliminated in the 2nd round by the Orlando Magic. Noah and Kurt Thomas versus Dwight Howard? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Sixers or Knicks, who do you prefer in Round 1?:
    [QUOTE]Really, you think Magic beat Bulls?  How'd they do head to head this year?
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]

Bulls lead the season series 2-1 with one more game at Orlando in April.

The Bulls are a team built like a house of cards. It's a one man team, other than Rose there is no one else that can be considered a big time player. 

Michael Jordan scored 63 points against the Celtics in 1986 and the Bulls didn't win that game. After the game Jordan said, "No one man can beat the Boston Celtics." 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbrock911. Show rbrock911's posts

Definitly New York - all of the sixers have heart, hustle and energy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

I think we match up better with the Knicks also. I think they may fall to 8th spot so we need to be number 1 to play them. It will be fun to watch the game tonight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Either team. The C's will beat both in 4. Is the first round still the best of 5? Pardon my memory.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

The Sixers play well against us ..... but I wouldn't take the Knicks lightly

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

neither. we're gunning for that number one spot. why do you think we've played a playoff-like rotation recently?

I figure we're better off putting that little bit of extra effort now in order to get 4 easy games against indiana/charlotte/milwaukeee, whoever scrapes into that no 8 spot, plus a couple of extra days off while seeds 2-7 are all fighting 6 and 7 game series.

btw, john hollinger's machine (http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds) which puts an absolute premium on recent form (chicago has been scintillating, boston inconsistent), has the bulls finishing a mere 1 game ahead of us

the finish line is in sight. we could easily be number 1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Right now I'd rather play the Knicks, obviously.  Ask me again at the end of the season, but we have a hard time keeping up with good, penetrating, athletic wingmen.  It's been a problem for PP I've noticed ever since Arizona beat us in the quarters of the NCAA.  As a general rule it's a lot easier to out-quick the C's than it is to overpower them.  Esp in the 2 and 3 slots.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]Right now I'd rather play the Knicks, obviously.  Ask me again at the end of the season, but we have a hard time keeping up with good, penetrating, athletic wingmen.  It's been a problem for PP I've noticed ever since Arizona beat us in the quarters of the NCAA.  As a general rule it's a lot easier to out-quick the C's than it is to overpower them.  Esp in the 2 and 3 slots.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

Last year we finished in 4th place and made to the finals.If you cannot beat  the 8th,7th,6th,5th teams you dont deserve to be champions.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

It's not a matter of beating them, it's a matter of saving energy for later rounds, as we were able to do last year vs the heat.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Let someone else beat the knicks, 2 superstars on one team scare me!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

2.5 I'd say, counting billips.  But after that they got nothing but fields.  I'd take miami's supporting cast over NY.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I have a healthy respect for the sixers hard work and hustle. We will beat them but it will be a track meet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]2.5 I'd say, counting billips.  But after that they got nothing but fields.  I'd take miami's supporting cast over NY.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

You're right about Billips, he still can be a great player at times. They don't call him Mr. big shot for nothing!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I'd rather play Indiana! Then Orlando, then Chicago!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sixers or Knicks, who do you prefer in Round 1? : Last year we finished in 4th place and made to the finals.If you cannot beat  the 8th,7th,6th,5th teams you dont deserve to be champions.
    Posted by debrit[/QUOTE]

well said

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sixers or Knicks, who do you prefer in Round 1? : well said
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]

Last year means nothing.... we have a totally different team and so do the other teams .... it's a whole new game can't rely on last year

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Hmmmmm, Knicks or the Pacers. Wow, both are under .500, jeez what a scary thought that must be lmao. Out west, their season would be cooked!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigJoedaddyBoston. Show BigJoedaddyBoston's posts

The Knicks!  Melo is playing melo. Look at how good Denver is without him.   Melo is overrated.