Slippery Sam's Forum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Re: Slippery Sam's Forum

In Response to Re: Slippery Sam's Forum:
    [QUOTE]Mployee8 makes GreenKiller look like a saint! Just saying. lol
    Posted by 21st[/QUOTE]

How would you know ... you've only been here for a few months and 150 posts, right?  Right?

Bueller?     Buellar?   Anyone?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Slippery Sam's Forum : How would you know ... you've only been here for a few months and 150 posts, right?  Right? Bueller?     Buellar?   Anyone?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

When was the last time you showed class and compassion?

You calling me a dull knife makes you a better person than GK? I don't think so!

posted at 7/28/2011 7:31 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=75af1e7208ed5fd19a7f954f18a1c177&plckUserId=75af1e7208ed5fd19a7f954f18a1c177">
    First: 4/12/2011
    Last: 7/28/2011
    In Response to Re: Slippery Sam's Forum:

Greenkiller showed class and compassion in his remarks about Jeb! God is in the forgiveness business, we need to be there too!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Slippery Sam's Forum : When was the last time you showed class and compassion? You calling me a dull knife makes you a better person than GK? I don't think so! Re: Slippery Sam's Forum posted at 7/28/2011 7:31 AM EDT www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=75af1e7208ed5fd19a7f954f18a1c177&plckUserId=75af1e7208ed5fd19a7f954f18a1c177 " /> JREwing Posts: 94 First: 4/12/2011 Last: 7/28/2011 In Response to  Re: Slippery Sam's Forum : Greenkiller showed class and compassion in his remarks about Jeb! God is in the forgiveness business, we need to be there too!
    Posted by 21st[/QUOTE]

I've witnessed both GK and Mployee8 annoying the hell out of the posters on this board. The difference between GK and Mployee8 is GK's attacks are directed towards the Celtics while Mployee8's attacks are more personal. Calling you "a dull knife" is Mployee8's way of being classy. lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RosalieTCeltics. Show RosalieTCeltics's posts

I have  to believe that GK was sincere in his post to Sam. Anyone who reads Sam's forum knows the battle our beloved friend, Jeb is fighting. So we will take all the prayers we can get to help him through. This has been a trying time on the board, we are all friends now and our hearts are heavy knowing what Jeb is going through. So, I will accept his apology, and move on through life. Hopefully, he
    will think twice before he posts here again and all the annoying things he says may be gone.  Good luck, I will go back to the board where everyone respects each other and shares a common thought, GO CELTICS.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Once his guilt over Jeb's situation eases a wee bit, I wouldn't be surprised to see GK back to his old ways.

Call me cynical.

Pud

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]GK changed, whether he'll be back to his old ways remains to be seen.  But our wingnut mployee hasn't changed a bit! After weeks of not posting, the first thing he does is post "Bueller" at 2:56am. Talk about contributing nothing substantial. Ugh!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]WolfmanYou said you would no longer post ha ha ha. Yet clearly this yellow creature is saying ha ha ha. That makes you a hypocrite.  Just kidding.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Slippery Sam's Forum : You said you would no longer post ha ha ha. Yet clearly this yellow creature is saying ha ha ha. That makes you a hypocrite.  Just kidding.
    Posted by NickFaldo[/QUOTE]

Someone give NickF a Great BIG OLE hug tonight for goodness sake.

Slippery Sam just handed Nick his azzzzzz tonight at Sams Club.... long overdue  BTW.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Wow, Sam delivered a knock out blow to Nickey "the Coward" Faldo!!

HAHAHA!!  Nickey, you're making yourself look bad trying to butter Fierce up. He's much to smart to fall for your act!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RosalieTCeltics. Show RosalieTCeltics's posts

To all who care, I know that Sam had told you of Jeb's troubles, unfortunately, Jeb
    has lost his battle and is no longer with us.  We on Sam's forum are truly at a loss
    for words as Jeb was our "folk hero".  The only thing that is more comforting is that he is in a better place than all of us. All pain is gone.  Rest well, my friend

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Very sad. Rest in peace.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Slippery Sam's Forum:
    [QUOTE]...anyone have the link...?  ...always loved talking with Sam....I am looking to get out at this point... (will miss Worthy, jofc, and a few (many, others)....but I think I'm done here if I can find the alternative....it is an adult forum....very nice....anyone with the link......?
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Sam`s celtics forum---

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Sam's forum is totally boring.
    Posted by lakersavenger[/Q      Good advert for Sam`s forum.Don`t have to listen to lakeravenger`s pathetic infantilisms.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Slippery Sam's Forum : I don't think you really get the free speech thing.  People actually do have the right to sputter stupid non sensical insults.  That is entirely different than yelling fire in a crowded theater.  I am not saying Sam's site doesn't have merit.  I am just saying I don't feel the need to go to another site just because two dudes are saying things like " the lakers are really cool and the Celtics stink".  Who cares?
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]
    It`s not a free speech question.Sam`s not the government.I don`t join his forum because I`m not obssessed enough to pay for posting.For those who are, check it out.It doesn`t cost anything to monitor the conversations, which are, for the most part, waaay more interesting than the adolescent insults that take up so much of the Globe`s message board.Nobody, for instance is so self-involved that they take up everybody`s time throwing insults back and forth and insisisting that their message board enemy promised to quit posting.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Slippery Sam's Forum : It`s not a free speech question.Sam`s not the government.I don`t join his forum because I`m not obssessed enough to pay for posting.For those who are, check it out.It doesn`t cost anything to monitor the conversations, which are, for the most part, waaay more interesting than the adolescent insults that take up so much of the Globe`s message board.Nobody, for instance is so self-involved that they take up everybody`s time throwing insults back and forth and insisisting that their message board enemy promised to quit posting.
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]

A recent jrleftfoot post.....  "More idiocy from pud."

Is this the type of adolescent insult  you're referring to?

Look who's talking.

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlipperySam. Show SlipperySam's posts

As Rosalie has kindly notified you, Jeb did pass away this past Friday, very comfortable in a hospice facility and surrounded by friends.  I hope no one will mind if I repeat a related post I made on Sam's Celtics Forum.

SlipperySam

A few of us had the good fortune to meet Jeb at last year's board party in his beloved San Francisco. And meeting him didn't change my impression of him one iota. What you read was what you got when you encountered Jeb. The curious blend of laid back, folksy humor and no-nonsense passion. The feeling that you had just scratched the surface of a very deep, multi-faceted individual. But most of all, the feeling of genuine affection coming in your direction.

During the dinner depicted in the avatar at the right, Jeb and my wife happened to strike up a conversation about music. It turned out that they were both musical aficionados to the point of being veritable zealots, and they talked the evening away. I recall Bob Heckler and I finally looking at one another and wondering whether we were going to have to get those two a conference room for the night. That's the kind of riveting impact Jeb could have, even on a previously unknown stranger.

One of Jeb's good Chattanooga friends has acquainted me with the fact that Jeb, who evidentally developed a huge interest in punk rock and music in general during the 1980s, has been a virtual legend in Tennessee for his musical knowledge. Unfortunately that's not a side of Jeb we got to see, although my wife certainly has more than an inkling.

Another element of Jeb's life that we never got to experience was the love of his life, Dawn. Throughout his ordeal of the past year, Dawn was the constant focus of his thoughts. They were married for five years and had planned to have children. She's obviously a very special person, and Jeb's friend has told me how she displayed magnificent courage during the recent difficult months. I know Jeb would want all of us to keep Dawn uppermost in our prayers.

Then there was the bicycle. During the time of our party, Jeb insisted on riding everywhere on his bike, pumping furiously away at San Francisco terrain not known for its level thoroughfares. It turned out that his SFO bike riding was an apt metaphor for the way he lived his life—grateful for any downhill relief but never afraid to tackle the uphill challenges with dignity and grace. His life was far from an easy one, and I like to think all of us represented a reasonably dependable source of stability for Jeb.

Some of you know that I believe no one truly dies until everyone on whom s/he has had an impact is also gone. After all, we are products of our surroundings...especially the people who touch us. If there is even a shred of truth in that belief, then Jeb will always be very much with us and part of us. I take some comfort in that, and I hope you will too.

God bless you, Jeb. God bless you with an abundance of strength, Dawn.

Sam

(Jeb's the one on the far left.)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Slippery Sam's Forum : It`s not a free speech question.Sam`s not the government.I don`t join his forum because I`m not obssessed enough to pay for posting.For those who are, check it out.It doesn`t cost anything to monitor the conversations, which are, for the most part, waaay more interesting than the adolescent insults that take up so much of the Globe`s message board.Nobody, for instance is so self-involved that they take up everybody`s time throwing insults back and forth and insisisting that their message board enemy promised to quit posting.

You don't have to be the government to censor free speech. Freedom of speech is purely the right to speak freely without censorship. It isn't hard to just not respond to someone who is obviously trolling, and if you feel like responding to it that's cool too.  The fact that a private board may be more interesting than a public one really doesn't matter to me at all.  I don't like exclusive clubs.  Just not my scene.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

This message board is peaceful when the one who promised to stop posting doesn't post. LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Slippery Sam's Forum : A recent jrleftfoot post.....  "More idiocy from pud." Is this the type of adolescent insult  you're referring to? Look who's talking. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    Surprised you couldn`t bring another of your hundreds of attacks on Rondo into this post.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Slippery Sam's Forum : Surprised you couldn`t bring another of your hundreds of attacks on Rondo into this post.

And I'm surprised that you didn't call me an idiot.... or worse.... again.

Attacking a player/owner/commish/team is one thing. That's fair game in a sports forum.

Attacking another poster is quite a different thing.

You seem to spend an inordinate amount of time attacking other posters with whom you disagree.... rather than the substance of their comments.

You do see the difference... don't you?

BTW... the IGNORE option makes my "idiocy" completely disappear.

Promise.

Pud