Small Ball - Brad Stevens Style!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Small Ball - Brad Stevens Style!

This is part of the reasoning I laid out to explain why I expect Hump to either be the starting Center or play heavy ,minutes and by heavy I mean 75%+

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

And yes we are definitely playing small ball out of necessity as much as strategy. We have a small ball team, minus the outside shooting, which hopefully can improve this year with Lee, Bradley, Brooks, Crawford, KO, Green and now even Hump working on the three point shot. I even expect Rondo to come back with an improved outside shot as most do when suffering knee injuries and limited to only shooting for the majority of the recovery.

I really think we could find a synergy focusing on defense, rebounding and stretched floor shooting. No inside presence? Let's use that to our advantage!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:

[QUOTE]

This is part of the reasoning I laid out to explain why I expect Hump to either be the starting Center or play heavy ,minutes and by heavy I mean 75%+

Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach

Ainge sees Olynyk & Sullinger playing together. Mentioned them as potential starting bigs combo.

9:46 PM - 24 Sep 2013[/QUOTE]

yeah I think he's speaking more to the future... no doubt this is a one and done year for Hump with the Celts... I think KO is going to have at best a similar season to Sully. He will show some greatness but it will come with a learning curve. I don't expect KO to earn a starting spot at PF, if he does, I'd be amazed.

Expect lineups to be fluid. I could see any combo of Bass, Hump, KO, Sully and Fav in the frontcourt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Humpy playing heavy minutes only works is if the Celtics are a playoff team.

But Ainge is hoping to land a top 5 pick in the 2014 draft.

So the objective is to develop the young players, not to get as many wins as possible.

Ha ! Mr optimism. I don't think Hump playing is the difference maker between W and a L. I think it's in our best interest to give hump a good 15-20mpg to show that he still is capable of a double double average with minutes

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

If you look at HumpS best season '11 -'12:  Of 22 wins that season, Humphries was the leading rebounder in the game all but for three wins (Wallace had one). To be fair he also was the leading rebounder in a lot of those losses as well.  Actually while Deron and Brook where facing injury, Wallace,  Marshon and Humphries show up on a lot as game leaders in points, rebounds and assists, albeit mostly in losses.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_New_Jersey_Nets_season

link

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I have always been an uptempo,keep half of the opponents teams between the 5 second marks every possesion as much as possible kinda guy. I believe we have the personel to do so and it is our best plan for immediate success that I believe, in contrary to most other posters, is what will happen this season. Mock me now when all is speculation, because you won't be able to later.

Last year, we were too old and not atheletic enough,now the same critics say we lack proven depth and experience. I feel we can exceed last years team. This team has a better balance and versatility. I'm saying 6th seed and not 1 and done.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

You have not never was many downbeat, let go of the ally individual apart the fifth infinity erase only one abstain as little as impossible definite girl. I skeptic me have not the customer to not and it is not in our worst random for forever failure that I am skeptical, with agreement with my viewers, is not will ever be next climate. Agree with you never when nothing is in certainty, because i willl be unable to already

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

[QUOTE]

Humpy playing heavy minutes only works is if the Celtics are a playoff team.

But Ainge is hoping to land a top 5 pick in the 2014 draft.

So the objective is to develop the young players, not to get as many wins as possible.

Ha ! Mr optimism. I don't think Hump playing is the difference maker between W and a L. I think it's in our best interest to give hump a good 15-20mpg to show that he still is capable of a double double average with minutes

[/QUOTE]

Bingo .  hump isn't much good to us not being showcased. Sitting him makes no sense

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Hard to figure.. if Hump can be a solid double-double guy, why arent we considering him being part of the rebuild?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Because he'll be past his prime by the time the younguns reach theirs.

18. This post has been removed.